Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:47 AM
Default Different Vertice count on the seam area
I wonder if anyone has done something similar to what I am making now to get any kind of answer to this:
I have been creating often Frankenstein meshes successfully but today in the current creation the two different meshes (let's say A and B mesh) have different vertice count on the sleeve seam area. The mesh B sleeves which I want to combine to the mesh A, has 12 vertices while the A has 13. If this was 3DsMax I could just add that vertice or remove it from the other to have same count but I do think Milkshape does not have this possibility - unless I am wrong. So I wonder if my idea to just snap that 13th vertice into another vertice and make the same boneassigment would be okay. So basically they will look like having same amount even if there is one extra vertice snapped into another.

1: will it work to have different vertice count on the seam area? (without being corrupted mesh in the game)
2. or how to remove or add vertice in the milkshape?

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 5:53 AM
Have done it many times, just remove that one face by selecting and deleting it.(select and at options you choose face instead of vertice)
If your frankensteining the morphs at the same time you must delete the same face on the morphs also.
Then snap all(3) vertices together and check the boneassignements.
If the face is in sight you might want to update the uvmap[ aswell..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 7:44 PM
Alright will do, thank you
Btw Bloom, might you know why some mesh parts cannot be Frankensteined? I once created a dress combining 4 different meshes together where I also combined the LOD1_1 (piece of fingers) together to the LOD1 (creating new morphs of course) and it worked just fine. While another mesh creation - World adventures kimono, which also has lod1_1 would bring problems if those finger pieces are to be combined to the LOD1. (it will result the vertices of the hem spread all over the CAS) It only works without trouble if that piece of mesh would be converted into .obj file and then redo the boneassigments to it.

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 1:19 AM
Frankensteining is indeed best done with using those Lod1_1 fingermeshes, just do not regroup its morphs.
You only use the basemesh of those fingers and before regrouping it you duplicate that mesh a few times to regroup them with the morphs also.

When it doesn't work it can be the vertID's giving trouble, you might have forgot to redo them?
Regrouping/frenkensteining meshes gives you bizarr new vertID's on the new mesh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Frankensteining is indeed best done with using those Lod1_1 fingermeshes, just do not regroup its morphs.
You only use the basemesh of those fingers and before regrouping it you duplicate that mesh a few times to regroup them with the morphs also.

When it doesn't work it can be the vertID's giving trouble, you might have forgot to redo them?
Regrouping/frenkensteining meshes gives you bizarr new vertID's on the new mesh.

Then it indeed must be the fact that I didn't give new vertID since when I tested (without morphs) FVFItems was set to 6 so I did not see the need to use autonumtool yet but seems I was wrong.