Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:32 PM
So this wont work with CTU after all?

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#27 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:42 PM
The only way to combine parts is to use a multigroup outfit for it and load your meshpart in each group.
Its wat i always do but your limited to combine just 2 meshes then.

If you want to combine more meshes you need to convert them to obj files first(to kill the data that causes these errors) then reassigne the bones....

btw, this isn't related to CTU but how GEOM files are build.
TSRW will give the same results

Once made a cowlnecksweater(think its on my site) wich also was a pain.
I ended up using a basegame GEOM sweater(with deleted parts) in one group while i had to make the cowlneck as obj file, reassigne it and loaded that one in the 2nd group

Edit,
Not all sims3 clothes have this error tho, some have been lucky
Sockpuppet
#28 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:52 PM
Load the sleeves in one group and the outfit in the other, then it works without any problems.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:05 PM Last edited by -Mallow- : 7th Feb 2011 at 10:28 AM.
Alright I try out that then

anyhow, I tried this out with TSRW, but rather than combining sleeves, I combined another skirt from the waist to that jumper outfit.
*I welded the seams together and fixed the boneassigments.
*Then I duplicated it as morphs

Now something went wrong since it looks odd in CAS. But otherwise it works really fine in the game, moves alright etc. Could you take look at this file to see what went wrong? Maybe the Uvmap causes this CAS problem.

Sockpuppet
#30 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:40 PM
This might sound stupid as i always recommend TSRW for people who just starting to create but if you want to use TSRW use version RC4_V3
The latest version has a some bugs that are far from funny....

One of the things they changed in the latest version is how to update the normalmap.
They added the function ''make empty'' to blanc out the map but it doesn't work.
you need to add/import a blanc or custom normalmap to fix this(and you can not fix it if you have already used the ''make empty function'', start over)
Another thing they changed is that if you want to change the normalmap you will need to update all other DDs files in the material tab in order to get the normalmap work...

I spend hours yesterday to update a normalmap on a outfit with 6 meshgroups, bugs and crashes time after time.

But the worst change is that they changed the export and the WSO plugin wich screwes up the normals on the skins(or something like that)
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/s...ad.php?t=388451
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/203/animatedsv.gif
Besides that you can no longer use meshes created with earlier versions of TSRW

So i switched back to RC4_V3 wich was for me to best version sofar.
And i am using CTU again but want a older version of BMM that i liked.(lost it when the disks crashed)

So i cant open your file but check the normalmap, its prolly the cause
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:50 PM
Alright, can you perhaps give a link where to get the older verion of TSRW?

And if you have time at some point could you perhaps tell me how does it work when welding other mesh part to fullbody mesh (skirt to waist for example). Do I really have to do anything else than weld the vertexes and update the boneassigments - then of course regoup it into new fullbody outfit. Is that all or does it require more than that when welding parts?

Sockpuppet
#32 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:52 PM
if your having display problems in CAS it is always caused by meshparts sharing the same texture(uvmapped on the same spot) or caused by the normalmap(missing or wrong format)
Sockpuppet
#33 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 8:04 PM
Long ago i explained how to combine tops and bottoms here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
RC4_V3 is here:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/work...y/sims3/id/112/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 8:09 PM
Thank you for all the help and for the RC4_V3 link I'll try out this frankenstein meshes with two groups and go through that explanation for combining parts. Thank you for all the help.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 11:46 PM Last edited by -Mallow- : 7th Feb 2011 at 10:27 AM.
So I got this work almost perfectly with CTU, not only does it look Fine in gameplay but in CAS as well - even the morphstate works great (of course doesn't look good since it's just a fast test morph)

BUT.... the mesh keeps reveling its seam on the side, even if Autosmooth was and is unchecked in my MS and I tried to align the normals on that area to fix it, but the seam just won't disappear.

The seam doesn't look that bad but in the end this isn't perfect work and what worries me more is that when checking the autosmooth in MS and reimporting the GEOM the area on the waist will show it's horrible truth

Do you know/have idea what went wrong this time?

Sockpuppet
#36 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:28 AM
Download and install Demon's alligne normals.
Slect the vertices on the seam, choose alligne normals from the vertex menu(make sure autosmooth is turned off.
Sockpuppet
#37 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 9:14 PM
oh, i forgot...
the problem was in your texture files, the mesh was ok
I loaded the mesh in another cloned outfit(the purple one and the seam was gone)
You have to stick to the games format, those texture were weird(the base for instance was a 512 bit??)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 9:25 PM
oh my, what a foolish mistake, thanks, now I know better

Page 2 of 2