Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 6:56 PM
Default How can I make a kitchen island like this?
I try different cheats but the cabinets always snap to different places regardless of what I do.
and yeah they aren't called cabinets but I cannot think of the word to save my life.

what cabinets do I need to use and how the poop do I make them like this?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 7:02 PM
You mean counters =).

Did you try holding the alt key when moving the counters? You may have to enter the cheat "disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on" first; the effect of that is that objects will be freely placeable (and rotateable) while you hold down the alt key. This is, I believe, how the people who furnished these rooms were able to place them that way.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 7:10 PM
YES COUNTERS THANK YOU
And yeah when I would hold down the alt key they would just start snapping to EVERYTHING.
Snapping to the fridge, wall, other counters, and even the trash can.

I'm still not sure that to use though. Regular countertops or the island ones. Mixture of both? Just the island countertops or the regular ones?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 7:16 PM
The ones in the second picture at the very front look like counter islands to me (the otehrs seem to be counters). The ones in the first pic I'm pretty sure must be counters, since there's an appliance and a sink in them.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
Ah, ok thanks.
I'll try and see if I can create islands like that when I play the game later tonight. It might help if I do the island first so it has nothing to snap to and then build the rest of the kitchen.
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM Last edited by -ARAPLES. : 24th Aug 2009 at 6:47 PM. Reason: need to add some thing
Use the "moveObjects on" cheat and just put down 4 standard counters (not island ones)
Make sure you place the opposite ones kinda into each other though

It worked for me
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 10:04 PM
Bump: I just saw this while searching for a way to build the stove into the counter island, this helped me a lot. It also helped me make diagonal counters that turn on a diagonal. This is great!

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims