Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:28 AM
I tested it, though. I have a copy of the toxic plants, and putting only it and Macrotastics in an AnyGame caused my Sims to suffer from instant motive failure and subsequently die. It didn't happen when Macrotastics was pulled.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:29 AM
I bet it also didn't happen when the toxic plants were pulled, though, too, right? Have you considered that the other hack could be the problem? I don't have a copy of it, so I can't look at it. I've had plenty of diseases in my game with Macrotastics installed and no one died instantly.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:31 AM
It only happened when the two mods were in together. I think on PBK Sunni herself (RIP ) said that it was the sickness bhavs.

EDIT: It was actually Fractured Moonlight, the other half of Sun&Moon: http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...?p=85093#p85093

Quote:
Some people were having motive drain happening or the motives were dropped to death levels resulting in sim death a lot. This is because of various mods in personal games. Pescado's Macrotastics is definitely a culprit in this, and I assume any mod that will change sickness to be more deadly as well since the Wolfsbane and Nightshade use the sickness bhavs.

All in all, the issue is constrained to what mods you are using. So if you see the issue but don't want to alter your mod set up, go with the non-hazardous brand.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#79 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:35 AM
I mean, toxic plants seems like it is way more likely to affect the sickness BHAVs than Macrotastics, just logically speaking. But it would be impossible to tell what happened without a copy of the other mod.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:36 AM
I have a copy of the toxic plants. I'll PM a link.

Alchemist
#81 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:16 AM
Could you send me a copy, @Bulbizarre ? I don't use macrostatics, and toxic plants sound fun.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:24 AM
Will do.

Mad Poster
#83 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:48 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 10th Aug 2018 at 2:05 AM.
First of all, a big thank to Charity! You really went out of your way for this one! For some reason I kept passing by this thread and from the title I kept thinking it had something to do with important mods from MATY or something. I had a relatively good read through the posts in the thread and it's very informative, so thank you (to everyone as well!).

Few Questions though:
- What do you all mean by "queue stompage"?
- @Bulbizarre - Can you PM me some of those toxic herbs as well just in case? I'm all for finding new ways for my sims to die. :D
- What exactly happened to the love letters that made Pescado remove/disable them?

Oh, also:

Quote: Originally posted by BinahLaGoaty
Slig has fixed the Alfixes, so it doesn't eat loveletters anymore.

Thanks for sharing! I would've never have found this!
Mad Poster
#84 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:07 AM
Queue stompage - it's when an autonomous action wipes out the entire action queue, rather than being polite and adding itself to the end. For some things you want this (e.g. running out of a burning building, though Sims prefer running towards the fire) but it's usually annoying.

The love letters had a glitch that would cause the apartment mailboxes to become unusable. Pescado just nuked the love letters entirely. This isn't too unreasonable, except that EA patched it to not break anymore and Pescado never bothered updating for that.

PM'd the toxic herbs.

Mad Poster
#85 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Queue stompage - it's when an autonomous action wipes out the entire action queue, rather than being polite and adding itself to the end. For some things you want this (e.g. running out of a burning building, though Sims prefer running towards the fire) but it's usually annoying.

The love letters had a glitch that would cause the apartment mailboxes to become unusable. Pescado just nuked the love letters entirely. This isn't too unreasonable, except that EA patched it to not break anymore and Pescado never bothered updating for that.

PM'd the toxic herbs.

Ah I see! :o

Received it! Thank you! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#86 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:49 AM
Ok, so, I thought I had seen something suspicious in the plants' code, and was I going to see if I could get the game to give me a stack trace so I could figure out what was happening. I modified the nightshade plant and added all the plants to my game, which contains Macrotastics. But I couldn't get the motive drain to happen at all. I tried without placing any plants, I tried with placing the nightshade, and I tried with placing the wolfsbane (which I had not modified). I quit and tried removing my disease hack, in case it really was disease-related and that hack was preventing the problem. Finally, I figured it must be something else in my downloads folder, so I moved my downloads somewhere else, replaced only Macrotastics and the toxic plants, generated a completely new test neighborhood, completely blank slate, and tried again. No effect. No one loses motives, no one dies.

So, I don't know what the conflict was, but I can say with certainty that Macrotastics had nothing to do with it. I don't know how this misinformation gets started, but I can see that it very easily gets entrenched in the fandom and spread by people who not only don't know what they're talking about, but haven't even tested to make sure it's a thing that actually happens. Possibly the maker of the plants was just not interested in fixing conflicts and picked a mod at random to blame for the problem, or perhaps someone mistakenly reported that Macrotastics was the problem and the maker of the plants never investigated.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:08 AM
When I had those two mods in a clean-slate AGS, my Sims died. When I removed Macrotastics, they didn't die. I wonder why your Sims didn't die with both mods in.

Mad Poster
#88 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:20 AM
What happened when your sims died? Did you queue an interaction? Did you place the plants? Did you have to wait for them to become harvestable? Did you just load the lot and they died?
Mad Poster
#89 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:24 AM
This was a while ago, so I might misremember some details: I used either the Oldies or the Goodies (I keep mixing them up) as my test subjects. I had them stand near the just-placed plant, but not interact with it, and I kept canceling the "what's this?" interaction so they would stay outside. After a few in-game minutes, I saw their motives flash red for a split-second before they died.

Mad Poster
#90 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:30 AM
Well, that is more or less exactly what I did, too. Except for the part about them dying.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:32 AM
The only thing that seems to differ is that I used AGS and you didn't, but I'm not sure how that would make any difference.

Mad Poster
#92 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
RoxEllen1965 would you like to share your own documented stuff from your text file?

Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. Very nearly everything I have documentation for is still currently available on the web somewhere. My problem is that a lot of modders don't include readme files with their mods and I have to remember to copy the description from the website into a text file. Pescado includes readme files in many of his mods, but they're not always helpful. Were there any specific mods that you were having trouble finding documentation for?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#93 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The only thing that seems to differ is that I used AGS and you didn't, but I'm not sure how that would make any difference.

AGS lets you play with any combination of expansion packs, doesn't it? Maybe it's an expansion pack's fault.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:44 PM
I used all EPs and SPs, though.

Mad Poster
#95 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 7:07 PM
Regarding little-known features (if this has been posted elsewhere, I haven't seen it). Pescado's apthack contains the features of his old noundeaddormies mod. This means that if you have apthack in your game, you will never see zombie dormies move into your Uni dorms. This is not exactly an undocumented feature since Pescado did actually mention it once at MATY, but he did not say anything about it in the actual rtfm file for apthack.

So if you want to play the fully inhabited version of Quadington University, you'll have to make sure apthack is removed first or the dorms will be even emptier and creepier than intended.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:25 PM
@kestrellyn and @Bulbizarre

Please pardon the necromancy, but was troubleshooting MATY mods and my current playtesting of some objects (not the toxic plants, but something else entirely).

I noticed in your profiles, that Bon Voyage is also another different point between your games. Could it be that BV code may have an impact on these particular interactions?

Curious about this, since I do have BV and macrotastics and had eventually planned on playing a hood with Sunni's toxic plants.
I would test this, but my knowledge is fairly limited in respect to game coding, and not exactly sure what I should/would be looking for. :D
Mad Poster
#97 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:56 PM
Hmm, I guess that could be a factor. I should really get around to installing BV one of these days.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:07 PM
That could be, though I'm not sure what bit of code could affect it.

Page 4 of 4