Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC in Buy Mode Not Showing Up
I've been trying to reduce my downloads folder so that it’s not so laggy when I play so I first tried to remove any duplicate files. However somewhere along the way, I must’ve deleted the wrong thing and therefore my game would not load. So I removed my downloads folder to see if it would work, and it still didn’t. So I then removed my entire Sims 2 folder from my documents folder so the game could create a new one. The game is loading now, however when I place my downloads folder back in, none of my CC in buy mode is showing up. I’ve followed the instructions in this post (http://modthesims.info/t/312603 ) to help me out (which has worked before) but each time I put my downloads folder back in the game does not load. (I have the Ultimate Collection btw) Can anyone help me out?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:45 AM
If you created a new game, you'll have to enable CC again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you created a new game, you'll have to enable CC again.
But it is enabled. Everything else is showing up fine except for the objects in buy mode.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:48 PM
Try downloading and installing a new copy of the CEP. It can't do any harm.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SkyMazz16
But it is enabled. Everything else is showing up fine except for the objects in buy mode.

Assuming that you have all the meshes...and I assume you do if it's a lot of stuff...Do you get that screen when you've loaded the game that "warns" about custom content being detected? If not -- and you've not deliberately done anything to bypass that screen -- you may need to re-enable. Do build-mode objects, if you have any, show in the catalog? Or are you just talking about Bodyshop/CAS stuff when you say "everything else?" IIRC, Bodyshop stuff doesn't need to have CC enabled to show/work, only build/buy and mods. (I could be wrong about that, though; it's been so long since I had to figure out CC-enabling and didn't just do it by rote when installing on a new machine.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Assuming that you have all the meshes...and I assume you do if it's a lot of stuff...Do you get that screen when you've loaded the game that "warns" about custom content being detected? If not -- and you've not deliberately done anything to bypass that screen -- you may need to re-enable. Do build-mode objects, if you have any, show in the catalog? Or are you just talking about Bodyshop/CAS stuff when you say "everything else?" IIRC, Bodyshop stuff doesn't need to have CC enabled to show/work, only build/buy and mods. (I could be wrong about that, though; it's been so long since I had to figure out CC-enabling and didn't just do it by rote when installing on a new machine.)
Yes, Bodyshop/CAS stuff and build mode objects show up. Every time the game creates a new documents folder, I make sure all the settings I had before are set again before even doing anything else, including enabling CC and disabling the CC dialogue since that seems to work for me.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:20 PM
Check that your antivirus program is not performing an on-access scan of your CC files as the game loads. I would add Documents/ EA Games to the exclusions list. If there's a file lock already on the folders when the game tries to read them, the CC won't be loaded. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause one particular subset of your CC not to work (barring file damage).
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:27 PM
I was gonna post pretty much exactly what Simsample did. But I'll add making sure that you do, indeed, have the meshes, that you didn't accidentally remove/delete a whole folder of 'em or something. Because now you're down to corrupt files/folders, missing meshes, or an overzealous antivirus.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:09 PM
there is a separate setting for mods/hacks; through a dialog box. dialog box would list all mods/hacks in game and would have option to either enable or disable.
the asterisk icon in "Game Settings" would bring up that dialog box.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Try downloading and installing a new copy of the CEP. It can't do any harm.
So I attempted to try this along with completely uninstalling and re-installing the game and unfortunately nothing has worked. I'll have to try simsample's suggestion but other than that I'm not sure what else to do at this point.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:21 PM
As I said, it can't do any harm - it is only supposed to work for maxi objects - but you need a new one with a new re-install in any case, so now that is at least done.
Please don't uninstall and reinstall the UC all the time - it is not needed.
Be careful of using cc or registry cleaners as well - some of them delete some of the .dll files the game needs to run properly.