Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#76 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 8:03 AM
PSDuckie -- Fuzzlechan -- Rishara

Great entries, everyone!
So happy that you're all here!

Thanks, Q!
Advertisement
Inventor
#77 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:06 PM
I'm glad to see so many participants! I've been lurking wondering if I should enter, but my computer can't take pretty pictures... so...

To Q - is it cool if I judge? I've judged two contests before and am currently judging another right now (all story stuff, though) and would love to help out here as well.

"Goonies never say die."
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 3:19 PM
Considering you have a Legend of Korra avatar, uh, hell yes!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Inventor
#79 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Considering you have a Legend of Korra avatar, uh, hell yes!

New favorite person, right here.

And thanks! Can't wait to start judgin' the entries.

"Goonies never say die."
Inventor
#80 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 1:06 AM
Am I allowed to upload my entries to either MTS or the official TS3 site after the respective round has ended and the scores are out? Thanks!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 4:51 AM
Of course! It is your intellectual property -- do what'cha want with it! :D

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 6:21 AM
Default Entry #1: Aquarius by CynKuy
This is a nice little cottage for a Sim who is into fish. The outside is decorated with fall colors.
Front yard with bicycle and rack:

Backyard has a pond with an anchor bench, a telescope, and chess set.

Kitchen has warm, sunny colors with cool trim on top:

Back door view:

Floor Plan shows sunny kitchen with wine rack; bedroom with bureau and turtle terrarium; hallway with real fish tank, bathroom with shower; living room with TV, bookcase, tables, and digital fish window; and a rear exit to backyard:

Bedroom:

Bathroom:

View through Digital Fishiness Window:

Content used: Ambitions, World Adventures, Pets, Generations, and store content (Barnacle Bay stuff and Atomic fish tank).
Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 7:25 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 20th Jul 2012 at 2:33 PM.
Default Entry #1: Aquarius by CynKuy
Forgot to link the download.

Edit by HP: Download removed; please use the moderation queue if you want to share your house here on MTS.
Alchemist
#84 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 12:31 PM
Default Base Arrow - lamamma's entry
This is Base Arrow, based in the big crater over Lunar Lake.
It can host a couple or a single sim, better if addicted to a mix of futuristic and old fashioned style, and with love for echologic assets. In this case, Ego Arrow has all these traits. He totally loves his bedroom glass box, the comfortable living and the view of the valley.

Except for the KathyPerrySP, I used all EPs and SPs and few items from the store (cambodian blinds, some futureshock sets items, and other free store objects).
No other CCs.

Requested images
Front

Back

Plan (1st floor, 2nd floor, roof)

Additional pictures
Living and Kitchen

Bathroom

Bedroom and studio

By the way, thanks to Qbuilderz and co. for starting this foundation contest, really interesting and worth for my game since I suffer of lack of inspiration while strongly needed a kick for building a place for Ego Arrow. Let me know if I have to change or delete some pics or whatever.
Instructor
#85 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Flabaliki : 20th Jul 2012 at 5:41 PM.
Default Best house on thread ;)
Here's my attempt at building a house on the foundation, not exactly how I wanted it to be, but hey, I only have a few hours left, so it'll have to do.
Check out the speed build video of this lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6He7PPjPEA

No CC was used.

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Retired
retired moderator
#86 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 4:13 PM
Default Last minute entry
I am inattentive and only learned about this in chat, like, three seconds ago. So I made a lot. It look hours. What can I say, I have good time management, I can fit hours into three seconds if I try.

I made a farmhouse for a family with two dogs, a child, and a toddler. It's orange because my house is (hideously) orange. Here's the front.

No CC used, and I have used the Woodland Wear Bookshelf from the store.

And the back.

And the floor plans.

And the other pics.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#87 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 4:18 PM
OMG, there's a Flabs in the contest! Eek!

And Kiwi, you got yours on in time, woo :D

Looking good, both of you
Forum Resident
#88 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 7:34 PM
Wow, Flabs too! This competition is heating up faster than a fat kid running across a blacktop chasing an ice cream truck at high afternoon. Wonderful work everyone. Excited Morph is excited.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Field Researcher
#89 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 8:57 PM Last edited by sandymdh : 20th Jul 2012 at 9:34 PM.
Eeek I've literally had a few hours to make this so there won't be much of a story to go with it.
I have called it the Glamourous Gothic.
Front View:

Back View:

Ground Floor:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Living Room:

Kitchen Diner:

Master Bedroom:

Full Slideshow: http://s833.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow

I only saw this yesterday so it's a bit of a rush job. I went with a gothic theme so have used a fair amount of CC. The gothic windows to the left are by lilliebou at TSR and the large dining room window is by Severinka at TSR (both Free items). The cornices are by Awesims and the landscape pics and vampire illustration are both mine. The deco books in the study, elaborate table candelabra (living room and guest room) and small hanging cage are all by Luna, the sofa cushions from b5studio. All other CC is from the Store.
Thanks for hosting
edit: Ooops forgot Armiel's CASTable chimney :-)
Forum Resident
#90 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 9:30 PM
Morphead -- kuyke001 -- lamammaforever -- Flabaliki -- kiwi_tea -- sandymdh

Nice entries, all!
Glad everyone made it in time!

There's about 1.5 hours left, if anyone's finishing up an entry
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 10:43 PM
My vote definitely goes to Flabaliki, armiel, lamammaforever, and lewjen. Good luck to all the contestants!

- Sheldrake :3
Forum Resident
#92 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 10:49 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 20th Jul 2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Adding info
And here's mine (so intimidated by all the great entries so far...) but here I go anyway:

Front picture:

Back picture:

CC content:
Big thanks to all these wonderful creators, it certainly wouldn't look as good without them :
- Stuff from the Sims store
- Lemoncandy from MTS
- Around The Sims
- The Broken bench from Severinka
- Helen creations on her blog
- D&M Creations from Demonic
- And finally, the awesome Luna from LunaSimsLulamai

I hate being rushed but I was swamped with work. I was literally running out of time so I hope nothing's missing.

Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 11:00 PM Last edited by CreativeMommy1985 : 21st Jul 2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Adding CC Creators
Default Moderno Chic
Alright, so this is my entry, Moderno Chic. I am quite sick at the moment and because of that this house is not done by any means and I am running out of time, so I wont be putting a huge description in here.

CC Credit:
tdyannd (tsr)
Sasilia (tsr)
BuffyASummer (tsr)
armiel
(I have more to add I think but I was running out of time)
Screenshots

Tattoos are like stories--they are symbolic of the important moments in your life!

Abruzzi Legacy --> http://abruzzilegacy.blogspot.com/
Forum Resident
#94 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 2:53 AM
Round 1 scoring is underway. Good luck to all participants!

Huge thanks to everyone who entered Building Blocks: A Foundation Challenge!
Your time & effort is much appreciated.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#95 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 3:10 AM
Honestly this contest is providing so much fun and am loving it.
Scholar
#96 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 4:22 AM
I'm also beginning my scoring for Round 1. I love the way this contest is headed, folks! Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely creations.
Test Subject
#97 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 5:05 AM
Oh No! It's not midnight in Hawaii yet! It's 10 PM Mountain time so it's probably 7 pm there! We just got back a little while ago so I wanted to update my images. I was able t arrange some of the pet shop fixtures.
Scholar
#98 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InesMarie
Oh No! It's not midnight in Hawaii yet! It's 10 PM Mountain time so it's probably 7 pm there! We just got back a little while ago so I wanted to update my images. I was able t arrange some of the pet shop fixtures.

The timer ended at 3 pm PST, and he had a link to the timer countdown on the first post.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:02 AM
Alrighty! Here is the current breakdown

Judging is, surprisingly, almost done! I need to add in the final three entries and we'll be on our way.

Take a day to relax...but then get back on it! Round two will be posted within 48 hours. You'll have about 10 days to finish

Forum Resident
#100 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:08 AM
I'm sorry, InesMarie, but ReyaD is correct.
The 1st round has ended.
And scoring began as soon as the countdown stopped.

We've got more rounds to go, so no worries, okay?

I do hope that you & your family had a great time at the reunion & parade!
Loved the pic with your Bannock flag!

Page 4 of 16