Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#126 Old 28th May 2013 at 4:46 PM
Has bootstrap been disabled at the moment? I'm using the bootstrap.modthesims URL but it just looks like the old site.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 4:51 PM
It's still working for me.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 5:42 PM
Yeah it's back for me now. Should have said.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Alchemist
#129 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 6:56 AM
Having 'had' to use the new theme for the last few days as on the old I get a long running script message and then get booted out, I can say in most things i like it, the big annoyance for me is the BIG blue header at the top, it feels like it cuts the screen in half, and makes it seem like you miss things, is there a way to thin it out, instead of having the list on the top left descending what about making it spread out across the top so then some of the screen comes back. That my one gripe, otherwise I like it, just takes some getting used to is all.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#130 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 4:23 PM
ekrubynaffit:

I have to say I have no idea what you mean by the "big blue header". On what page? The menu bar at the top is the same size as on the old site.... So I'm very confused about what you are trying to describe here. Please screenshot it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Alchemist
#131 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 11:09 PM
Sorry Delphy I was having a real moment on what to call it, yes the header, its alot 'thicker' than what it was.
This is from the old theme

and from the new

Like I said its the only thing Im finding is a small annoyance, rest no problem, and great work on what you've done

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#132 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 10:19 AM
Wow, thats definately *not* supposed to happen. Looks like a pretty big bug!

Here's what it's supposed to look like:

Can you share some information about the following:

- What OS do you use?
- Which browser + version?
- What screen resolution?

Thanks

Alchemist
#133 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Delphy]Wow, thats definately *not* supposed to happen. Looks like a pretty big bug!

I had a feeling it wasnt meant to look like that, it actually cuts off some of the text!

- What OS do you use? 64-bit
- Which browser + version? Windows 9
- What screen resolution? 1920x1080

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#134 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:01 PM
Okay I guess you mean IE9, right? Can you test briefly in Chrome and see if you get the same issue?

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#135 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 8:01 PM
ekrubynaffit: Can you check something for me? Try pressing F12. At the top of the developer tools window you'll see something like this:

Browser Mode: IE9 Document Mode: IE7 standards

Can you click the IE7 standards and then select IE9 standards instead?

I can recreate the issue on IE10 but only if I select IE7 standards. Anything IE8 and above works fine.

You can also try Tools -> Compatibility View settings, and remove modthesims.info from there.

Alchemist
#136 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
ekrubynaffit: Can you check something for me? Try pressing F12. At the top of the developer tools window you'll see something like this:

Browser Mode: IE9 Document Mode: IE7 standards

Can you click the IE7 standards and then select IE9 standards instead?

I can recreate the issue on IE10 but only if I select IE7 standards. Anything IE8 and above works fine.

You can also try Tools -> Compatibility View settings, and remove modthesims.info from there.

Well Delphy, today for the first time its perfect! Looking as it should, so I dont know what you did, but thanks No more squashed feeling!

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#137 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 10:58 PM
Ahh well, might have been the other thing I did that wasn't working for me, but I guess it works for you. Good to hear!

Test Subject
#138 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 10:16 PM
I would like an option to turn on the theme, to test it and see if all those nasty bugs where fixed, and if not revert back the old theme which atleast makes sense! Part of the problem was the lack of communication
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#139 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 8:20 AM
@Sweetlithium - try here >> https://www.modthesims.info/

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#140 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 3:10 PM
I just re-added the notice on the old themes, so more people can test it out now.

One Minute Ninja'd
#141 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:16 AM
Well, i was a vocal opponent of this change on the initial go around, but I have to say, this version, which I'm using "stock" (I'll play with the settings when I have time tomorrow) is vastly superior. You put a great deal of effort into reading the constructive criticism the first round subjected to, and making many changes that maintain easy navigation, and so far, readability. Nicely done!

You did create one problem, though. While you moved the poster's ID back to the left, where it is easily associated with the post, and far easier to track than the first attempt when the poster info was on top of the post, the clean graphic lines you're using make me feel it is now more important to have an avatar. I don't have an avatar. Never have. Never really liked them. I knew if I ever went down that road, my OCD would overwhelm me with anxiety about having just the "right" avatar. I'd end up changing it frequently as I kept changing my mind between "Perfect Choice" to "What the hell drugs were you taking when you picked that". Now, that space seems even more in need of some perfect visual description of my entire being in a what, 160X160 pixel space? Thanks. I really didn't need this shit in my life.

But really, thanks for all your efforts. It does look really nice now, and I doubt I'll be going back to the "legacy" look at this point.
Test Subject
#142 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 6:39 PM
I like everything about the new theme except one thing. Where is the download button? I've talked to others who are also having this issue. Some people see it and some don't.

Thanks
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#143 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarilynMcElroy
I like everything about the new theme except one thing. Where is the download button? I've talked to others who are also having this issue. Some people see it and some don't.

Thanks
Click on the 'files' tab.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#144 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 5:38 AM
i don't like the new theme at all. again, if it's not broken, don't fix it. the classic style is most familiar and i don't even know where things are in the different version. i was hoping you wouldn't do this again.
Not actually evil.
#145 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 9:02 AM
Haven't been on MTS in months, so this is quite a change! Very happy to see MTS is still actively being developed. No opinion on the new theme yet, but I imagine as with any new system, I'll figure it out in time. Just today, in a matter of minutes, I found familiar stuff like related works and recolors, just not exactly where I was used to seeing them. I found tutorials and tech discussion where I expected them to be. Didn't have trouble checking my messages, nor replying. Don't know yet about ease of browsing downloads, searching for specific things, downloading, uploading, but should I get back into simming, I'll probably figure it out. Mostly just really glad the site that's been such a source of fun for years is alive, kicking, and growing!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#146 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 10:11 AM
christmas fear: Considering that basically everything is still there, what, specifically, are you having problems finding?

Mad Poster
#147 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 1:22 PM
i can't find my posts on my profile.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#148 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 2:08 PM
Click on the more button. You will then see a link to your last post and a button to view all posts. Also, if you can't find a theme you like I suggest the theme sharing thread. Some lovely themes there.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Not actually evil.
#149 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 1:15 AM
The "additional parameters" on the body shop filter, especially for clothing, is massively useful. I found the filter when looking at all Sims 2 downloads, but when I look at an individual creator's downloads, the filter seems to be unavailable. Talking about this here:

Customise your view with Compatible mode, Featured uploads, Favourites and more! Show filters...

Many creators have over a hundred items of clothings. In the past, I have often narrowed that down when looking for specific things, like elder men's underwear, or children's separates. Please allow filtering of downloads on individual creator pages again. Thanks.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
dodgy builder
#150 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Click on the more button. You will then see a link to your last post and a button to view all posts. Also, if you can't find a theme you like I suggest the theme sharing thread. Some lovely themes there.

I'm using the black background at the moment, where is that thread? The black background hurts my eyes.

Christmas Fear: I'm afraid changes has to be endured. I worked at a place with computers from the 70's, I'm never ever gonna work there again

A point I have is the lack of a main feature on the home page, it's a bit cluttered. May just be me having the wrong settings though.
Page 6 of 7