Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
Default Wiki Help Wanted
Wiki Editing:

Have you contributed to Wikipedia or another wiki? Do you know HTML, BBCode, or similar?

Do you enjoy the interesting facts and figures and details of gameplay of TS2/TS3?

Do you have extra time on your hands and wouldn't mind using some of it to do something to add to this site?

We need...

We are looking for folks who would like to help contribute to the wiki, specifically the Gameplay Guides sections. Basically, building our own guide to gameplay (similar to the Prima Guides) available free online to anyone.

For example, see: Sims 3 Gardening.

Charts of useful data, images/icons, helpful tips, etc.

Okay, sign me up!

Still interested? Great! Here's how to get started:

1. Create a wiki user account.

2. Come back to this thread and post letting us know what name you registered under.

3. Decide what area you would like to work on. Here are the ones we already have - those existing ones may need more work, so you can either add to an existing one, or create a new one. See here for editing help and tips. Of course, you can ask for help here, or come find me or HP in chat for help too.

Suggestions for sections:
  • Fishing - different fish, their values, and what bait works for what fish.
  • Gems - Gem types, cuts, values, how many gems you have to cut before getting new cuts
  • Moodlets - Images for each moodlet, times/conditions, in-game descriptions, requirements
  • Guitar - Songs, and which are buyable
  • Books - Name and values of all the books
  • Ghosts - Ghost colours and how to get a playable ghost
  • Careers - Career levels and pay
  • Traits - More info on what interactions and options each trait has
  • Lifetime Rewards - A list of all of them and what they do
  • Paintings - Pricing, types, etc.
  • Pregnancy, baby gender, and fertility
  • Novels
  • Upgrades
  • Logic Skill
  • Rabbit holes

Make sure to copy the formatting from existing sections and to put the header and footer!

4. Be accurate! While some errors here and there are inevitable, please don't put anything that's sheer speculation or "I heard somewhere" type stuff. If you're capable of looking at the game's code or XML tuning, that's best - if you can't, or aren't sure of the facts, work on a section you can be sure of!

5. Ask for help if you need it! We're happy to provide assistance if you need any help or guidance!

Thanks, and have fun!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 8:56 PM
I registered under the name of 'cantanstrophe'.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:24 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 8th Jul 2009 at 5:44 AM.
daluved1

EDIT: I'll take books!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:37 PM
Hey I'd like to help out with this.

I registered as Ashleigh825, same username as here.

I'd like to do moodlets, though of course I'd love some help with that, since there are so many of them and certain ones only appear for sims with certain traits.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:31 PM
I registered as ChemicalCaitlin. I'd love to help with moodlets! I know nothing about how to do HTML coding and whatnot, but I'd like to help out in any way I can.

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:55 AM
Hi Delphy. I've already been working on the Sims3 cheats, etc. so I'd like to continue on it as time allows. My home internet is back up again AND I have been playing Sims3 to test the cheats.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM Last edited by Kolipoki : 8th Jul 2009 at 2:54 AM.
My name for the wiki is Kolipoki, i've done most of the fishing page all ready and the guitar page as well, you guys can put it on the links now.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...p:Sims_3_Guitar
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:31 AM
Signed up as Spleen & I'll do everything I can.

My emotion;
Struck a sparkling tone like a xylophone,
As we spent the day alone.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:31 AM
I'm sorry. It's late right now and i'm not thinking straight. I didn't want to delete that comment. I am still SIMS3ADDICT! on the wiki and I will start working on careers tomorrow.

The Sims 1: Blah
The Sims 2: Amazing and addicted
The Sims 3: Just recently got it and one of the best games ever, SO ADDICTED!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:29 AM
Same username. I just totally reorganized the moodlets pages. I'm about to go get the game disc and get some screenshots, but I'm not quite sure how to upload images...
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM Last edited by Kolipoki : 8th Jul 2009 at 7:18 AM.
on the left, underneath the search box, there is a link that says upload file

I'll start working on lifetime rewards tomorrow.
Scholar
#13 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:35 AM
I am already logged on wiki,my username is Pegasaus7 and I work on sim/lot/town descriptions.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:37 AM
You guys -rock-! So much stuff done already! I'll take a look over stuff and do a bit of tweaking (I notice some pages are missing headers, for instance) after I have my coffee, but I just want to say a big THANK YOU! to the folks who have contributed thus far. I was not expecting this level of response!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:26 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 8th Jul 2009 at 3:28 PM.
I've laid down the basic framework for the Books section:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lp:Sims_3_Books

I just need to get the thumbnails up and finish the "Special Books" section.

EDIT - I'm completely done...I think...so you can add it to the Game Help section

Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:45 PM
I registered as SenPain and will help when I feel confident in my knowledge.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#17 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM
Well it looks like i was beaten to the lifetime rewards, so i'll add icons to it
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:00 PM
Just wondering, is this only for sims 3? I would love to help out, but I only own sims 2 cuz I heard sims 3 has less stuff and worse graphics D:!

Just came back. G:
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:26 PM
Waterclaw :D

I won't be working on a single page, I'll do little bits scatterd. Later once I know more I'll work on a area...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
I signed up as jadaytime and I will be working on anything I can.

On another note:
I have the XML file of all the moodlets in a text document. The name was "Buffs" instead of "Moodlets". I would convert them but after looking at the size of the list it's too much to go through. It contains the length of the moodlet, the name, and the effect it has on the sim. If anyone wants this file, send me a PM and I will send you the file.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM Last edited by SIMS2ADDICT! : 9th Jul 2009 at 1:09 AM.
well, it looks like somebody beat me to careers. i'll think of something else to do.

edit: i will be doing a skills page if nobody gets there first

The Sims 1: Blah
The Sims 2: Amazing and addicted
The Sims 3: Just recently got it and one of the best games ever, SO ADDICTED!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#22 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:23 PM
Hey guys, be sure to use the discussion areas to ask questions about formatting and to stash content that you have gathered, but may not have had time/been able to format, then others can add publish it when they have a bit of time.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#23 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:30 PM
I have a question... I see that I think it may have been Nick Hawelu, made this entry on the Sims3 cheats section of the wiki.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...p:Sims_3_Cheats

EditInCAS

A cheat removed from the game which allowed the player to send the active sim back into the Create-A-Sim mode. This allowed you to edit the sim as if you were creating when you started the game. This cheat and other cheats previously removed from the base game are available for use with AwesomeMod by Pescado.

Do we want cheats here that are not part of the game but are part of the awesome mod? Does this cheat work without Awesome mod? Do we want to open an awesome mod cheat section or refer people to MATY on this one? (My guess is refer to MATY.)

Official response requested.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#24 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:32 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 9th Jul 2009 at 1:08 AM. Reason: Made first real change to wiki
I have signed up as MogHughson (same as here). I'm not a Sims 3 user, but since you also said you wanted Sims 2 stuff updated, I have wanted to add modding stuff from a new modder's perspective for a while. I've started with a page here SimPE Resource Editingwiki which shows the style I write in and ends with a paragraph of my intentions. I plan to link it to maybe this page ModdingTheGamewiki once I have actually done anything that I say I'm going to do. I post this here so you have the chance to stop me and say, "no that's not what we're after" before I get really stuck in

So I've done two resources tied together to show what I mean BCONwiki and TRCNwiki. In both cases the new version from SimPE perspective links to old file format version and back again. Hope you like - I'll really stop for tonight now - do some more tomorrow.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#25 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:02 AM
porkypine, how do you get to the discussion area?

Page 1 of 8