Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2023 at 2:00 AM
Default Missing serial code
I recently was given a free copy of this game, but it is without a manual and therefore serial/installation code. I know installation codes work differently with the Sims 3 than 2. Can I still install this game at some point by using a code found off the web? I have came across some but I do not know if EA will allow them to work. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2023 at 7:17 PM
Did you try one? I know the library used to have Sims games so the same codes were used over and over to install them. The people could not register though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2023 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Did you try one? I know the library used to have Sims games so the same codes were used over and over to install them. The people could not register though.

I haven't had the time to do it (installing the Sims 3 I recall is a long task) yet, but I will do soon. So, if I use a code online, the pack can be installed to my game, but I can't register it? Kind regards.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th May 2023 at 3:41 AM
I am pretty sure EA only allows one person to register. Or at least that was case in past? Were you given a disk? I think in some cases in past when disk was sold, with documentation EA would transfer code to allow new person to register, but that was years ago.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2023 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am pretty sure EA only allows one person to register. Or at least that was case in past? Were you given a disk? I think in some cases in past when disk was sold, with documentation EA would transfer code to allow new person to register, but that was years ago.

Hi, in fact I got a box with working disc from cex (a UK second hand goods chain) for free because it was missing a serial code, so deemed a defective product. And they told me the disc works fine.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2023 at 7:29 AM
Hope you can get a code and activate it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2023 at 8:55 PM
IMO there is really no need to register unless you want free content that may or may not even be still available. As long as you can access the game and play that is what is most important.