Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:05 PM Last edited by grumpy_otter : 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:48 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED - Creating an alien skin
I found this guide and would like to use it to create an alien.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Alien-Sims-in-The-Sims-2

Is this one of the things that will corrupt a neighborhood? I didn't find it on the list of things you should never do like deleting a sim from the bin--so, is it basically safe?

Thanks!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:31 PM
That's just the standard method to access the hidden skins from the game.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
That's just the standard method to access the hidden skins from the game.

Which I never knew about until now, lol! Thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 10:13 PM
I am resurrecting this old thread because I am trying to use this method to create an alien again and it is not working. I hit "shift n" and I get the notice that debugging mode is turned on, but the icon for "custom skins" does not become clickable. I DO get the extra hairstyle and clothing options--just not the skins. So it is almost like it turns on halfway. Any ideas?
Alchemist
#5 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 10:32 PM
probably the skins are blocked by something; likely by custom sim parts.
various sites I take have unlocked versions of the Alien skin; and also of creature-related skins. This site being one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
probably the skins are blocked by something; likely by custom sim parts.
various sites I take have unlocked versions of the Alien skin; and also of creature-related skins. This site being one.

I have nothing custom--but i figured it out. I clicked the randomize button and THEN the skins showed up. Thanks!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:00 PM
Yeah CAS can be weird sometimes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc