Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 1:13 AM
Hi! I really LOVE this story. Please continue! I enjoyed your story ever since the first Bella chapter and I just love your version of Cassandra. She's so pretty. I would also love what happens to the rest of the Goths (Morty and Alex), Darren, Don etc. Will your Mortimer marry Dina? And what really happened to Bella?
This story is too good to be left....

I think I have the same problem as you with my story. Not many people read it and comment on it. Maybe because I have left 2 unfinished 2 chapter long stories before.....
Advertisement
#77 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 1:54 AM
I have also been reading your story from the begining. I think this is a very good story and I hope you do continue it. There's so much more that can be done with this story it would be a shame for it not to continue.
Test Subject
#78 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 3:13 PM
i'd love for you to continue with the story, i think its great.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 7:35 PM
Please continue!!!! haha, what happened to Darren was a trip!!! awesome twists & turns! ;D
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 11:02 PM
I hadn't been paying attention to this story, but just sat down and read it through from start to finish, and I have to say I would love for you to continue. It's dramatic and attention catching, and it's also gorgeous. Your pictures are fantastic!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 9:50 PM
Thank you all for your votes of confidence and the pretty stars. I really appreciate the positive feedback. So, after a mind numbing week at work, I am ready to dive into Mortimer's story. The first chapter is more or less introduction, but I promise it starts getting strange after that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 10:15 PM
Default Part III - Mortimer-An Exceedingly Strange Passage - Chapter 1
Chapter 1. A Foolish Man – Part 1

When Bella disappeared, Morty threw himself even more into his work. Cassandra and he fought over her impending marriage. She cut off contact with him and went off to live her own life.

The loss of Bella left a deep hole in Morty’s life and he eventually became greatly depressed and was forced to retire. With no family support and no consuming job, he fell lower and lower. He had plenty of money, the Goth’s were always well off, but there was only emptiness in his life.

Alexander was pretty much on his own as Morty went into a rapid tailspin.

It was when he was at his most vulnerable point that he met her.

Her name was Dina, Dina Caliente and she was a radiant blonde beauty.
When Morty saw her passing by, he was dazzled. What he did not realize was that she had been circling the block repeatedly for days, hoping to meet him.

Dina wasted no time swooping in for the kill. She flattered him and praised him. She made him feel young and vital again. He started dressing like the young people and learning the new dances. And when Dina hinted about marriage, Morty started divorce proceedings and asked Dina to marry him.

And of course she excepted because that was her plan all along.

They married immediately. Dina was taking no chances on Morty escaping from her clutches.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 10:49 PM
Default Chapter 1 A Foolish Man – Part 2
Soon after the hurried wedding, Dina became pregnant.

Morty, suspecting nothing, was thrilled and when Dina delivered a sweet baby girl, agreed that Donna would be a fine name for the newest Goth.

Dina had her own vision for the future, which certainly didn’t include sharing the wealth with a stepson. She convinced Morty that Alexander was very jealous of both her and the new baby and could potentially be dangerous to the baby. Since Morty had no understanding of the boy and had never opened any lines of communication with him, he took Dina’s word for the situation. Dina pretended concern for the boy’s well being and suggested that Alexander should be sent to live with her sister Mina. Mortimer was so under her spell that he could refuse her nothing.

Life seemed to be looking up for Morty until one day when Dina and baby Donna were out shopping. Mortimer was enjoying the hot tub when Mina dropped by. She asked to join him and he didn’t want to refuse his dear Dina’s sister so he invited her in. Once in the tub, Mina grabbed Morty and started kissing him.

Just at that moment, Dina returned home and flew into a rage when she saw the pair in the hot tub.

Morty tried to explain to his wife, but Mina, to his dismay, began insisting to Dina that she and Morty were in love and wanted to be together. Dina ordered Morty out, never to return.

When Morty, heartbroken and weeping, had left, Dina approached Mina menacingly. “Well, Sister, I only have one thing to say to you…….You were freaking awesome! You should be on the stage! Let’s go inside and celebrate!”

With Morty out of the house, Dina started divorce proceedings immediately.
She got everything, all the money and Goth Manor, because after all, Sim courts look dimly upon cheating with your wife’s very own sister.

Morty was on the street, penniless. While wandering the streets, Morty found himself at the park. He was planning to sleep on the bench and had dug some newspapers out of the trash to cover himself with. As he sat there, destitute and depressed a young woman approached him.

“Mr. Goth, is that you? It’s me, Brandi Broke, Cassandra’s friend. What’s happened to you?” When she heard the story, Brandi insisted that he come home with her. And so Morty moved in with Brandi and they grew to be very close. They were not exactly in love but they genuinely cared for each other and comforted each other on the lonely nights.

#84 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:44 AM
So good!
Mina and Nina!!!!!! They're so mean!
But it may be good for the Goth family too. Maybe Mortimer will come to sense without all the money and grow closer to his son and daughter, Cassandra. I do hope so.
Instructor
#85 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 12:57 PM
Don't you dare stop writing this story! It gets more thrilling with every installment and predictable it's not!
I'm guilty of not commenting too often, but I don't miss an update.
Love the introduction of the Caliente sisters and can't wait to see what's been going on with Alexander. :popcorn:
#86 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 10:26 PM
Mina and Dina are truly diabolical! (Don't know if I spelled that right) I hope Mortimer can get his home and family back.
Test Subject
#87 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 11:58 PM
Well now... you can't stop now... this story has quite the twists and turns. You have my curiosity and interest!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 5:23 AM
Thank you all for reading my crazy little story. I'm happy just knowing that you are enjoying it. I promise all Goths will have their story told and all questions will be answered. Well, all questions about the Goths at least. Now, on to Chapter 2, which will be posted in several small updates--done that way mostly for effect.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 5:36 AM
Default Chapter 2. Fact or Fiction? Part 1.
Mortimer opened his eyes to a painfully bright light. He tried to shade his eyes but found to his surprise that he couldn’t lower his hands. They appeared to be tied above his head. He squinted his eyes to peer at his surroundings, but outside the searing circle of light, there was only darkness.

“What’s going on here? Where am I? Hey, is anyone here? Answer me. Please. Help me. Is anybody here….anybody?

Mortimer heard a slight noise to his left. He concentrated on the location of the noise and outside the circle of light he began to just make out two dim figures. He heard a hissing, clicking noise. Though he could not understand the language, he knew in some vague way, that it was a conversation.

“The organic is conscious. Did you not give it the proper dosage?”

“I administered the correct amount, I assure you Proctor!”

“Well, administer more. Put it back to sleep.”

“That would be too dangerous for the implant, Proctor. We will have to do the procedure with the organic conscious. It is unusual, but it has been done on occasion.

“Very well. Proceed.”

“What is going on here,” Mortimer demanded? “What are you doing? Who are you? I demand that you let me go immediately. You can’t hold me here like this.”

The words caught in Mortimer’s throat as the figure stepped into the light. It was hideous! It approached rapidly and brandished a large apparatus.

“It is most unfortunate that you have awakened. The procedure is not pleasant.”

A huge needle sprung out of the instrument and the creature plunged it into Mortimer’s abdomen. Through the searing pain, Mortimer heard someone close by, screaming over and over in fear and pain. Just before the welcoming darkness closed in, he realized that it was him.

Field Researcher
#90 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 9:15 AM
Yikes! Poor Mortimer. Will we hear the pitter patter of little green feet?
#91 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 11:34 AM
alien abduction!!!
I hope Mortimer will either end up in Strangetown with Bella........... (I would love to see some Strangetown) or maybe we'll see some green babies!
Test Subject
#92 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 2:17 PM
I love your story
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 1:24 AM
Default Chapter 2. Fact or Fiction? Part 2.
“Mr. Goth, are you alright? Mr. Goth?”

Mortimer opened his eyes. He was sitting in the opulent office of Dr. Gerta Ludwig.

“You were telling me about your recurring dream. You are in an unknown place being experimented on by alien creatures. What do you think this means, Mr. Goth.?”

“I don’t know Doctor, that’s why I’m here. It seems so real. I can feel the terror just sitting here talking about it.”

“Well, you’ve said that there have been rumors that your first wife was abducted by aliens. And you have also said that you felt that you failed her while you were married.”

“Yes, she was the love of my life and I turned my back on her because I was so wrapped up in my work. Do you think that I am combining the two and punishing myself for my thoughtlessness?”

It’s what you think that matters here, Mr. Goth. I will say that it appears to me that you are carrying a large burden of guilt for your wife’s disappearance and you have yet to forgive yourself.” Dr Ludwig glanced at her watch, “Our time is up for today, but I would like you to think about what we’ve talked about until our next appointment.

Mortimer was lost in thought as he ascended the steps of the Simville Sanitarium. He was roused out of his reverie by a honking horn. “Hey handsome, need a ride home? We can stop and get some Chinese on the way.”

It was Brandi, his very best friend. She was working part time as a receptionist at the sanitarium and had gotten him in with Dr. Ludwig. Morty was feeling happy that evening. He told Brandi about his new insight and she was very happy for him. It was an especially pleasant evening and as Morty lay in bed cuddling Brandi, he felt optimistic.

Warm, comfortable, half asleep, Morty became aware of a slight noise. A hissing. clicking noise
#94 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 2:06 AM
I love it. But I wonder what Mortimer and Brandi share. Love? Lust? Friendship?
Anyway, thanks for reading my story.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 2:28 AM
Mortimer and Brandi? I'd say friendship, fondness and maybe a little lust. That trailer is pretty close quarters after all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 2:40 AM
Default Chapter 2. Fact or Fiction? Part 3.
Morty’s eyes snapped open! Before him were two of the hideous creatures of his dreams. They seemed to be locked in some obscene embrace.

Morty was standing, encased in a large tube. He looked down and saw that he was naked and his abdomen was swollen grotesquely.

And as he looked, horror upon horror, something started moving under the skin. He screamed and pounded frantically on the tube wall as the malevolent thing inside him writhed as if to escape.

The two creatures looked toward him with surprise.

“Oh bother, the organic is conscious.”

“I wonder how much it saw. We would be in much trouble if the Proctor knew that we were involved.

“Gral, it is just an incubator, hardly capable of intelligent thought.”

“Still Brac, I sometimes think that I see intelligence in their eyes.”

“All I see is fear, a very animal reaction. They are incapable of understanding the great honor that is bestowed upon them. Given the choice they would run screaming from us. That is why they are not given the choice!”

“I suppose you are right. In any case, you had better get it under control before the Proctor finds out. The implant could be damaged.”

“Right you are,” Brac responded. He stepped forward and began turning dials on the control panel. A new mixture of gas entered the chamber and darkness mercifully enclosed Mortimer.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 3:04 AM
Default Chapter 2. Fact or Fiction? Part 4.
Mortimer woke with a start and sat up on the narrow bed. He was in a small, narrow room. There was a barred window at one end and a door with a small barred opening at the other end. Mortimer staggered to the door as if he had been drugged. He yelled through the opening, “Help me, help me! Who’s out there? Please tell me where I am.”

He heard footsteps and presently a young woman wearing a white nurse’s uniform appeared. “Good morning, Mr. Goth. I see that you are finally awake. Would you like something to eat now?”

“Where am I,” Mortimer slurred.

“Why, you’re in Simville Sanitarium. I’m not surprised you don’t remember. You became violent and attacked Ms. Broke. You were screaming at her to cut an alien being out of your stomach. The Doctor gave you a massive dose of an anti-psychotic drug.

Mortimer lay on the uncomfortable bed all that day and the next and the next and so on. It didn’t matter to him. He was going mad and there was nothing he could do about it. Therefore he was not entirely happy when two weeks later, Dr. Ludwig announced that he would be released.

"Now Mortimer, you have had no more psychotic attacks while you’ve been here and I believe that you will be able to function quite well as long as you take your medication. I know it may be tempting to pass when you are feeling better but it is vital that you take it regularly.”

And so Mortimer went home to Brandi. She was sweet and supportive. She babied him terribly and eventually he started to feel more like himself. One night he was having trouble getting to sleep. Every time he would start to drop off, he would be disturbed by something he couldn’t quite put his finger on. Finally he dropped off to sleep.

“Hisssss, Click, click.”
#98 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 5:22 AM
What is going on with Mortimer!!! I think I would go crazy too if all that was happening to me.
#99 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 6:04 PM
Very much happens. Keep it up!
#100 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 8:43 PM
Great update, can't wait to see what happens next!
Page 4 of 8