Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 2:44 PM
Default Need help. My basement is out of bounds.
I made a basement in this one house and it all worked fine, but after a while I wanted to make it bigger. Now I get this "location out of bounds" message when I try to put objects or doors anywhere too far from where I originally started the basement. I tried doing move_objects on and just forcing it but when I do that the sims still can't walk there or use any objects that I have forcefully placed with move_objects. Does anyone know what's going on?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 2:58 PM
can you show me a screenshot???
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 3:42 PM
Is the basement close to the road or the border?
I belive the limit is two tiles away, for doors and objects on the outer wall but you can put the wall out to one tile away from the road. Did that mistake myeself.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 4:24 PM
how do u put door or delete the walls that appears when u place and delete the foundation!?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 6:34 PM
Ok here is the screenshot of my trying to place a door. Basically I have built as much as I can in the basement. It won't let me place doors or objects anywhere else, and if i force it my sims can't walk there. I have no idea what the problem could be. Help?

[img]e107_files/public/420_outofbnd.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 420_outofbnd.jpg ][/i]
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 7:30 PM
is this the wall by the foundation or a normal wall??

you cannot put anything onto foundation walls
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 7:52 PM
Its a normal wall.
[ Edited Mon Nov 01 2004, 11:55AM ]
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 8:46 PM
did you remove the foundation where you try o advance???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 9:10 PM
That was it. Thankyou.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies