Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:50 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Sep 2017 at 6:17 AM.
Default How would you visualize the inner workings of your mind?
The movie Inside Out was a carefully researched film from Pixar. They consulted numerous psych professionals in the best way to portray emotion that is easy to digest so it wouldn't eat at the story with lengthy explanations.

If I was to visualize my emotions, it's a cross between Office Space and The Office. There are 100 employees who represent the myriad of emotions one feels through their daily lives. This includes Panic, cousin of Fear and Fury, Rage's brother, who have recently been relocated to the basement due to delivery of medicine to my brain. Panic tends to escape in clockwork fashion and is usually put back in his cubicle and Fury is much more volatile, because his responsibility of processing gross incompetence is like the first job of Confucius who was a bean counter at 16. It's work, but bean counting and wading through political crap of any kind is soul crushing work.

In the main floors, the cubicles are bright and colorful and pop against the white walls and beige carpet. At each workstation, before an emotion is registered in the outside world in real time or a memory is logged as such, it's a fast paced analysis is processed and usually works as usual.

At the top is Neutral who keeps the emotions in check. If left unbalanced, the order is ruined. He has a yes woman in the name of Passive-Aggressive. She's like the boss in Office Space, forces extra work on time off, choose where to place problem employee and that boss might not allow you a slice of birthday cake, but Passive-Aggressive doesn't allow celebration of any sort.

This is just how it goes in my brain.

In terms of thought process, it's like a nuclear power plant. And in the Sector 7G, the safety manager is more competent than Homer Simpsons, once hired under Project Bootstrap. I had my fair share of meltdowns, ranging as severe as Chernobyl on the high end.

Dreams and memories are more along the lines of a video library with color-coded memory spheres. They have one of 3 labels attached. Angel Wings for Positive memories, Demon Wings for Negative memories or a Metatron's cube for neutral memories.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:43 PM
My brain only has a few rooms. The first room has a projector that is showing a loop of slides on the wall. All of these slides are recent past negative and embarrassing oriented. The second room is full of fear snow and has a slope. Every day a nothing drops down and forms a fear snowball that rolls down the slope and gets bigger until it hits critical velocity down the sloped alley and knocks over all the pins in a full strike or whatever. Then the scoreboard reads "End of the World!" The third room has a live camera that's tracking a line which, at intervals, divides into two lines. When that happens, the camera gets confused for a split second before reluctantly following one branch while the other goes off screen to be lost forever. The fourth room has a wild horse running around being an embarrassing horse. There's an unfortunate dummy stuck to the saddle. And to nobody's surprise that dummy represents... me!

That's all I can think of right now.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 11:25 PM
Three main spaces, one small named "serious business", another much larger named "monkey business", and a medium-sized one named "Creativity in progress", with various rooms inside each. There would be narrow corridors between the rooms, with no systematic layout since my brain goes from one to the other in the blink of an eye. Then a bunch of emotions somewhat like the ones from Inside Out, at least one for every main emotion (I have a lot more than 5...) plus several minor ones for things including but not limited to "how to fix this", "improper jokes" and "minor panic mode", all of them running around causing havoc 24/7, or at least when I'm not sleeping. For sleep mode there would be a whacky island for dreams that makes no sense what so ever.
Theorist
#4 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:06 AM