Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1227
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 2884 times.
Search this Thread
Old 20th Jul 2017, 5:17 AM DefaultTalent Show...so what's your talent #1
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Theorist

Everyone has a talent, a trait in excellence within certain activities.

I share mine to start: I actually can sing, but I become tone deaf if my background music overpowers my vocals. My voice is kind of all over the map. That's due in part of my mimicry in voice acting.

I also have built skills which my natural ability flowed through. I draw, I cook, I make drinks (booze, bubbles or brew) I DJ and I am a host. Somehow, I find a certain kind of joy from entertaining others. It makes my doctor appointments with my Primary Care Physician less painful.

Stand up comedy is something I have a knack for but it's extremely geeky content. I once compared myself to a Sailor Moon villain when I expressed my tendency to go after older members of the opposite sex. This made my poor doctor laugh to the point of she needed a breather.

I guess that's what I know about myself.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 21st Jul 2017, 1:23 AM #2
leo06girl
Inventor

4 Achievements

I suppose mine would be cooking, baking, and candy making. I can cook/bake anything if I have a recipe, even made up a few of my own. I have also taught myself to make hard candy, gummies (sour and regular), chocolates (solid and filled), and sweettarts.
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 5:10 PM #3
Shoosh Malooka
Theorist

8 Achievements

My talent is stealing oxygen from people that deserve it way more than me.
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 1:15 PM #4
VerDeTerre
Mad Poster

I have perfect timing. I will typically ask a question that calls for an elaborate answer from my table companions at the very moment they take a large bite of food, forcing them to mumble, cover their mouths, then bob their heads while they chew and stare at me mutinously.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 1:21 PM #5
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I stumble and fall rather well. I also excel at gaining weight

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 3:59 PM #6
bassoon_crazy
Inventor

I don't really have any talents. I suppose I'm kind of a natural with academic writing, but meh. I used to be really good at drawing, but my limitations showed up really quickly in middle school and I stopped drawing not too long after.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Old 24th Jul 2017, 3:20 AM #7
leo06girl
Inventor

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I stumble and fall rather well. I also excel at gaining weight

I'm good at stumbling and falling too! I'm also pretty good at dropping things, knocking things over, and spilling things.
Old 24th Jul 2017, 11:55 PM #8
vigral
Test Subject

I can memorize things pretty well (mostly having to do with history/psychology) and I have a pretty good eye for design. I tried drawing for a while but after I stopped doing it after my abilities deteriorated altogether. o_o;
Old 26th Jul 2017, 10:09 PM #9
leo06girl
Inventor

4 Achievements

I am very good at killing mixers. Seriously, I have lost count on how many I've killed. One time I, somehow, managed to smoosh a beater if a stand mixer while using it to make cake icing. Another time, I literally blew up the motor of a hand held mixer.
Old 10th Aug 2017, 7:26 AM #10
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Theorist

One of my other talents involved modding my setup. Recently, I took everything apart and reinstalled the Wii U and PlayStation 2 with the switchboard for 8 machines. Eventually, I'm going to need a switchboard for HDMI input\output as Nintendo decided to give the Wii U HD ability for graphics. I also mod my games on my PC to fit with my story telling, but like I said, life is getting in the way of my gaming.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 10th Aug 2017, 4:02 PM #11
kattenijin
Scholar

7 Achievements

I'm really good at firing people. My last 3 jobs, I've been the manager tasked to handle every exit. Its quite fun, and I like when they cry best.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Old 9th Sep 2017, 4:13 AM #12
ScaryRob
Scholar

9 Achievements

View My Journal

My (somewhat) unique talent is eating the last snack/pie slice/hors 'doeuvre/candy/whatever off a plate at parties.

Section jump: