Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1243
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 561 (Who?), Viewed: 52999 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Sep 2017, 2:46 AM #551
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

I posted in the "How are you today" thread earlier while feeling really crappy, but some things have happened to really make my day better. First off I got to play a game for a while with someone I've been talking to a lot over the last couple of months, that was fun. Then my friend from Florida messaged me on Skype and we ended up doing a voice chat for just over an hour, it was really nice to hear that they're okay and to talk to them like that. Then I played some more with the other person I mentioned and talked to them for at least an hour or two, and I just really feel good when talking to them whether it's just text or voice it doesn't matter they just really make me feel better. Lately I always end my days talking to them in some way so they always help make my day better.

Every part of me wants to believe there's a darkness we need to feel for the brightest light to be seen and felt inside.
Old 12th Sep 2017, 10:09 AM #552
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Didn't sleep. Began organizing a list of animated films by release date and studio.

The biggest thing that irks me is erroneous information. Anytime someone mistakes a non Disney property as being part of Disney or worse: they lump every animated film as a Disney film, I turn into this annoying Adam Conover (from Adam Ruins Everything) clone that lectures you about the standards that the different studios have and the fact that many not associated are now non-existent due to failure to meet a financial quota. Although Don Bluth, an animator from Disney eventually started work outside, most of the animated films from his studios were critically and commercially unsuccessful. None more so than "An American Tail" which received two thumbs down, due to the scene where the Mousekewitzes bear witness to a pogrom incited by cats. Granted, when they shown this to my class in 8th grade on the many reasons people immigrated, in this case, to flee danger, I can understand Siskel and Ebert's rating.

Either way, the above mentioned explanation is just something you might not see nowadays as I see things dumbed down. Personally, a good scare now and then is necessary. But then again, that scene scares the crap out of me.

But so far, I listed all Disney films up to Moana, all Pixar films up to Cars 3, and Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest by Fox.

I use the Wikipedia app to read out the chronological list of films.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 12th Sep 2017, 1:12 PM #553
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I'm at my boyfriend's right now which means I have no internet (aside from my mobile data) and I've just spent all day playing with his dog, Taz. I'm absolutely in love with him. My boyfriend was scared of me meeting his dog because he's very aggressive. But really he's a lovely dog when he gets use to you. We spent all morning cuddling in bed while my boyfriend was in work.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 15th Sep 2017, 7:22 PM #554
cherry4567
Field Researcher

So the final results came in:
I GOT INTO COLLEGE YAY
Old 15th Sep 2017, 11:36 PM #555
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry4567
So the final results came in:
I GOT INTO COLLEGE YAY

Good on ya!

Today I threw out about 3 cans of recyclables and 2 cardboard boxes during my renovation of my bedroom and the basement.

No, I'm not going to install a davenport sofa and invite locals to come on. I don't even think public access is a viable communication option. Besides, I need a rather chill co-host with average intelligence. Me? I'm neurotic, I have intelligence that would shame my Science idols or at least, I beat my father at Jeopardy while we play along at home, I have painful reminders that the man of my dreams is out of reach, figurative and literal. I'm a geek.

No Wayne's World type show is currently planned for me. Besides, if I do end up socializing, I hope it's besides my Siamese mix.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 19th Sep 2017, 6:24 PM #556
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Got a call from the doctor. Lithium is normal. No clue exactly is triggering my panic attacks. Although my consumption of protein bars helps.

Old 20th Sep 2017, 11:59 PM #557
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Received my final package yesterday. I ordered it on August 1, and it came September 19. It was a set of decorative earphone jack plugs shaped like the squid form of the Inklings of Splatoon. The ink puddle was detachable and could be interchanged with the other squids. Or you can remove the puddle and let the squid hang on top

It was worth the $25. It's a nice conversation piece when I am out and about.

Old 21st Sep 2017, 8:47 PM #558
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Got another call from the doctor. It's time for a medication readjustment. Due to my stress eating, it is sabotaging my weight loss.

This was once again, a call I took on the water closet's toilet. I'm starting to get the feeling the government is messing with me. Why else would the doctors involved with my health call back while stuck on the toilet?

I have an appointment on the 25th with the exact doctor for this issue.

Old 22nd Sep 2017, 8:17 PM #559
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Sort of leaked to my father that a Shrek 5 is in the works and then he got excited about Mike Myers and somehow it segued into my weird life-energy-eating ability. I just feel emotion in a room to the point I blend in.

Don't take me to funerals. I'll be a leaky lump of sadness.

What's worse is graveyards and cemeteries. It's the spirits that have passed and are having visiting hours plus the earthbound souls who wander that taste bad. Not kidding, I already get people's life stories while waiting at the check out counter. I don't want to know your entire life up to the minute you ceased function.

But I think I went overboard today. I bought 5 half gallons of juice and 48 cans of flavored seltzer. But I was glad I got the bag of big potatoes.

I went for a walk and saw an energetic Chiweenie and a Maltese with a weird skin\hair condition. But what impressed me was the leaf litter in the streets. It was such volume that it seemed as though the leaves and needles came off with a FWUMP! and the leaf piles were huge.

Old 23rd Sep 2017, 5:44 AM #560
Johnny_Bravo
Theorist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

T'was a loong time since I've had alcohol.

ETA: when I wanted to get my bike I got lost. In the village where I live. I ended up cluelessly walking through someone's garden and I had to climb a gate to get back to the street. What an adventure. Lovely garden too.

Free your mind.. your ᵃˢˢ will follow.

Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 23rd Sep 2017 at 3:37 PM.
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 9:34 PM #561
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
T'was a loong time since I've had alcohol.

ETA: when I wanted to get my bike I got lost. In the village where I live. I ended up cluelessly walking through someone's garden and I had to climb a gate to get back to the street. What an adventure. Lovely garden too.

I once made it to my general store on Main Street. I walked past town hall where elections are held, past the local post office where they know where I live but don't ask what I bought (West Coast postal people usually were nosier if you relied on postal services. I even once got a postman who said I was "slipping" because he didn't deliver packages on my regular schedule. The postal people knew I mail order or eBay, but they found out I amassed an army of dolls before I moved. They knew I also study nanotechnology and programming under my father's tutelage. Good thing they no longer deal with me.

I also went through the sound files from Sonic Colors, in particular, the announcements Eggman reads over the intercom at the amusement park setting off the game. That voice and those lines warrant laughter out loud, but I had to muffle it because it was about 4:45 in the morning.

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM #562
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Spent time cataloging voices for a project. Then I tooled around on my phone, then went to my room and found two lighters stuffed in a cigarette hard box, an assortment of doll heads, my various supplies and equipment for doll restoration, including the missing pliers for my yarn reroot process. I added 5 plugs to my current one, Maria, giving me a total of 11 plugs. Keep in mind that the holes from the original rooting process are small enough for the needle I use to have resistance with the eyes, hence the pliers. I also had prepped the doll heads by cutting the hair close. I need to find my tweezers to yank out the original nylon hair plugs.

Tonight is baked potato night. I also watched and heard my poor mother drop things and trip over herself. She was genuinely upset one of her Halloween Tree ornaments broke. I kind of foresaw my mother wanting ice cream and I bought her a tray of Heath Bar Klondike bars.

Either way, Sundays are best spent with family. I know that I spent most of today by myself, but after seeing mother attempt to perfect the whole "The Nightmare Before Christmas" look and seeing my dad reminisce of the days when he was called Eddie and had to play both Tweedles Dee and Dum with his older brother who also had the same parts and his wedding before I came along the following year.

I got to go. Potatoes are done!

Section jump: