Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 1:56 AM
Too Many Split Levels
Anyone here ever played LoZ Majora's Mask? Well I'm trying to build clock town, but there are so many level changes that I'm dying. Are there any easier ways than CFE for this kind of thing, a big problem is that the in game terrain is sloped, so every house is pretty much on a different level. The other alternative would be just pretending the ground is flat and ignoring the stairs, buuuuuuuut the stairs take up a big bit of space and I'm worried It'll look naff and/or get it rejected for not looking like the original...help, opinions, advice would be wonderful!

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:39 PM
I don't know the first thing about this game, but it looks to me like some of it can be made with foundations and then ground level higher or lower up on those walls. If you can use that it's the most flexible and least buggy.

I found pictures here: https://www.google.no/search?q=LoZ+...Mask+clock+town

I would probably have to plan a bit on that. Find out what has to function as floors and houses, and what can just be objects. Whatever you do you only have like 5 floors above ground and something similar below, so it has to fit within those bounderies. Technical limitations can't really be helped, it is what it is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:30 AM
Thanks for the advice, this is going to take a lot of experimentation I guess, and I'm probably going to have to rethink some of plans for some of the buildings.
Thanks again!