Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:07 AM
Default Trouble with stairs..
...can't figure out why. Earlier today I finished re-creating the Pink Palace Apartments from the film Coraline and started to test the lot. All was going well - the basement was accessible, the apartment system seemed to be working OK, but then I tried to 'Ring Bell' of the attic apartment. Instead of climbing the stairs at the side of the house, the Sims immediately went down into the basement and rang that door instead. When I tried to guide them up the stairs, they mimed being unable to do so after climbing the first set of ground-to-foundation stairs. I tried removing the roof above, the windows, the plants beneath but na-da. I'm not sure if stairs designed in this way are just unusable. Hopefully not as that would ruin the lot! Would appreciate any and all expertise, advice or consoling words! Thank you.

Provided screenshots below. Hopefully they are useful. If not, let me know what details you need!

P.S. I can also upload the lot to here if that helps in zip format.

I haven't finished the polishing etc yet, by the way. There's a few wallpaper glitches etc that I need to fix.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Have you tried 'use stairs' on each section from the ground up to see where the problem is?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
Have you tried 'use stairs' on each section from the ground up to see where the problem is?
Yes. I can only test up to the second set of stairs as they are thus far causing the problems.

The large ones in this picture: