Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 11:39 PM
Default Any way to get rid of Roof Overhangs?
So, when constructing a standard roof, I figure everyone is familiar with the way the game handles things- you drag the roof to the size you want, release it, and the roof is constructed, and the game adds a 1/2 tile worth of eaves or overhang, giving the roof a finished look. Usually this is exactly what I want, but I've run into a situation in one of my lots where I need the roof to stay exactly the size I drag it to.

Basically, instead of a 10x10 roof that appears as an offset 11x11 once the game adds overhangs, I want a 10x10 roof that only occupies the 10x10 squares I dragged it to cover, and no more. I want to see that the slope of the roof ends right at the top of the wall below it. That way, if I were to construct another wall in front of the roof, it would be hidden behind it, instead of leaving that 1/2 tile overhang poking out from the side of the wall.

Does anyone know of a way to trick the game into doing this?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:34 AM
How about using CFE to slope floor tiles to create a roof?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
How about using CFE to slope floor tiles to create a roof?

No, unfortunately that won't work for my situation. What I really need is a way to hide a roof completely inside a building, but still all the way to the walls, so that the game still recognizes that there is a roof there (and will cut away roof sections underneath it), but so that I can't see that roof peeking out along the edges. Basically I want the functionality of this roof section, without actually seeing it anywhere.

It's kind of an odd situation, so if that doesn't make sense, I can try to explain it differently.
Site Helper
#4 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 2:53 PM
I think that your explanation was fine. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you with your problem. Hopefully someone else will have some ideas.
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 8:36 PM
The best answer I have is to use decorative roof pieces on a floor, which seals the house for Seasons and allows the roof pieces to be placed exactly where I want them (though I may have to use snapobjectstogrid off and moveobjects on). The disadavantage is that the roof pieces don't come in all the slopes I want or in all the wall and roof colors I want (I'm working on that last part, though).
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 7:55 AM
I agree that decorative roof pieces on a floor, seals the house for Seasons but the disadvantage is the problem as it does not come in all slopes, so is there any other solution for it. As I am frustrated searching for it.
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 8:29 AM
What about using this? http://psychosim.livejournal.com/17923.html

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/