Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1227
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 398 (Who?), Viewed: 79515 times.
Search this Thread
Old 29th Mar 2017, 5:35 AM #376
Sterling_Archer
Original Poster

Mad Poster

16 Achievements

View My Journal

I recently bought the box set of M*A*S*H... Now, only 10 more seasons to go

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 15th Apr 2017, 10:22 AM #377
pirate_wolf_12
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
Ooh some Please Like Me love! Yay! Such a good but little known show!

You an Aussie? I'm surprised it has a somewhat well known reputation outside of Australia. I'm hoping it becomes more well known. Like I said, one of the best depictions of being in your 20's, but also probably the most realistic depictions of mental health.

Couple other shows I'm watching at the moment:
Gap Year - An English show on E4 about a (broken) group of people backpacking through Asia. Good group dynamic, nice mix of drama and comedy.
Fleabag - Another English show, dark comedy with a lot of drama. Kick ass female anti-hero lead.

Shows on my next-to-watch list:
- The Leftovers season 3
- Fargo season 3
- Catastrophe season 3

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Old 15th Apr 2017, 5:56 PM #378
Gingerxyz
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_wolf_12
You an Aussie? I'm surprised it has a somewhat well known reputation outside of Australia. I'm hoping it becomes more well known. Like I said, one of the best depictions of being in your 20's, but also probably the most realistic depictions of mental health.

Nope! I'm actually Irish I found out about it through Caitlin Stasey's twitter account, and then watched it online. It was definitely one of the trickier shows to watch, in terms of finding a way of watching all the episodes. So worth it though! Hearing that they've decided to end it was so sad I'm hoping that it'll get an international Netflix release at some point. I'd love for it to reach a wider audience.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Old 15th Apr 2017, 8:35 PM #379
Nemiga
Inventor

10 Achievements

Started to watch Outcast second season. First episode was so meh, but now,after 2 episode, I can't wait for more..
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 12:05 PM #380
VerDeTerre
Mad Poster

Just finished season one of Stranger Things. It's interesting! In some ways, it reminds me of the X-files, although it's more horror.
Old 30th Apr 2017, 11:06 PM #381
Stardust74
Field Researcher

My husband and I started watching The night shift on Netflix.. We really like the show.
Old 12th May 2017, 11:17 PM #382
yavannatw
Inventor

6 Achievements

Currently watching Medici, Swedish prog Thicker than water, Westworld, and saw the first episode of Fargo season 3. Just finished The Night Manager.
Old 14th May 2017, 4:35 AM #383
newlibertysims
Forum Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Just finished season one of Stranger Things. It's interesting! In some ways, it reminds me of the X-files, although it's more horror.

It's like if the X-Files had a baby with Stephen King. I can't wait for Season 2!

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Old 28th May 2017, 1:50 PM #384
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

The Japanese Super Sentai series of shows.

First made in Japan in the mid 1970s, the shows were similar to Power Rangers (actually, this is the basis for it, but it took numerous attempts to get an Americanized version to the US. It wasn't until the early 1990s that a deal was struck and the sixteenth program became the source of footage for the first season of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Because this show had a somewhat bloated budget that relied on merchandising sales, Fox took a risk and because of the yearly nature of Super Sentai, there was an episode that would have mirrored the final episode of the source material if the show failed to be a success in America.) But I want to see it from the first program as I want to track the evolution of this Japanese children's television institution.

Good thing the yen is in my favor. Note to self: if the yen become too strong, let it go.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 3rd Jun 2017, 8:29 PM #385
ribbonista
Field Researcher

My current obsession is Mad Men, though House of Cards recently returned. I'm also following Better Call Saul :~)

simblr: ribbonistasims
Old 12th Jun 2017, 7:21 AM #386
Sterling_Archer
Original Poster

Mad Poster

16 Achievements

View My Journal

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 25th Jun 2017, 8:44 AM #387
cherry4567
Field Researcher

Sherlock& Riverdale
Currently rewatching big bang theory since I have nothing left to watch!
Last edited by cherry4567 : 25th Jun 2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11th Jul 2017, 7:31 PM #388
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Binge watching Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I have to admit, his lessons were a highlight and since the teacher used positive reinforcement conditioning, I would have spare Jolly Ranchers from the after video quiz.

I had a crazy life as a young genius. Funny thing is people change and sometimes for the better.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 13th Jul 2017, 6:15 AM #389
ribbonista
Field Researcher

Just finished G.L.O.W, it's this new Netflix series about a bunch of lady wrestlers in California. It's extremely entertaining.

simblr: ribbonistasims
Old 18th Jul 2017, 8:58 PM #390
VerDeTerre
Mad Poster

Rewatching Glee, or most of it. I love the characters, especially the original group from the first couple of seasons. Brittany is a hoot and I am so wrapped up in Blaine and Kurt's love story.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Old 19th Jul 2017, 5:02 AM #391
missamin1
Test Subject

elementary great show
Old 21st Jul 2017, 10:17 PM #392
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Better Call Saul, the newest season of Archer and trying to get the boyfriend interested in How I Met Your Mother.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 10th Aug 2017, 10:35 PM #393
VerDeTerre
Mad Poster

Finished Pretty Little Liars and rewatched enough of Glee. Now I'm engrossed in How to Get Away with Murder. Wow! So confusing and hard to stop watching!

Last edited by VerDeTerre : 12th Aug 2017 at 2:50 PM.
Old 16th Aug 2017, 10:11 AM #394
frogz2007
Inventor

1 Achievements

Law And Order: Special Victims Unit

The characters are so likeable and they all click so well, though it sucks that Netflix only has it starting from Season 14.... Oh well. It's an awesome show.
Old 17th Aug 2017, 3:07 PM #395
VerDeTerre
Mad Poster

Finished How to Get Away with Murder Seasons 1 & 2. Then I watched Atypical, which is noteworthy simply for the focus of the show. The story revolves around a young man on the spectrum and his family and it's sweet, funny, and interesting. There are some flaws with the show, but it's still interesting. Now I'm watching The Fosters and it's also shaping up to be a good show.

Old 4th Sep 2017, 3:46 PM #396
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

The only new show I currently watching is Leah Remini's show about the aftermath of Scientology. It is informative and often quite bone chilling.

On Netflix I'm watching Parks and Recreation. It's okay, but I hear it picks up a lot in the third season when Rob Lowe joins the cast. I'm hanging on for that. If it doesn't improve, I'll bail.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 13th Sep 2017, 10:56 PM #397
Nairn
Test Subject

I'm switching between season two of Suits, season three of Gotham and season 3 of Star Trek: Voyager. I used to watch Voyager as a kid but not in order. Finding it quite hit and miss and had to skip a few episodes but trying my best Suits is a new find and really easy to watch. Watched season 1 and half of season 2 of Gotham last year so getting back into it was tricky but I'm getting there I'm a binge watcher at heart, and since I work part time I spend most days watching Netflix and playing Sims haha
Old 14th Sep 2017, 8:10 PM #398
VerDeTerre
Mad Poster

I couldn't stand Janeway, so I couldn't get into Voyager. It's weird because I otherwise like the actress.

Finished Reign and Jane the Virgin. Reign is cringe-worthy, but a guilty pleasure nonetheless. I love the drama, the setting, and the costumes. The actors are also fun to watch and listen to. But it is baaaad and not historically accurate. Jane the Virgin, on the other hand, is a quality show and a ton of fun.

Old 14th Sep 2017, 8:35 PM #399
Nairn
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
I couldn't stand Janeway, so I couldn't get into Voyager. It's weird because I otherwise like the actress.

Finished Reign and Jane the Virgin. Reign is cringe-worthy, but a guilty pleasure nonetheless. I love the drama, the setting, and the costumes. The actors are also fun to watch and listen to. But it is baaaad and not historically accurate. Jane the Virgin, on the other hand, is a quality show and a ton of fun.

She hasn't had much character growth I'll admit, but she was my captain growing up, along with Kirk, so I have a soft spot for her and the crew, plus I love the Doctor
I really liked Jane the virgin! Got about 2/3 into season 1 then got told a spoiler and it made me sad so I haven't watched any more...

Section jump: