Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:07 PM
Are we talking about a end which is maybe faraway?

As many have mentioned here: There is still a lot of work!!!!

And with the knowledge that MTS2 will exist as long as the last will leave the sinking ship we can go on with our work.

But this is a good place to say thanks: Thanks to DELPHY, thanks to the ADMINS, thanks to the CREATORS, thanks to the DOWNLOADERS, thanks to the VISITORS, thanks to the DONATORS.................

I say thanks for the done in the past, but in first way i say thanks for doing in FUTURE!!!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 1:10 PM
tgarciame, Just click on the Make a Donation button and login to your paypal account.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 1:10 PM Last edited by CynicalChick : 9th Jan 2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: no need to quote the original post
Delphy=a small price and more than happy to help .
what an amazing site you have here.and now i am a member looking forward to learning so much my name is playerlorraine20 at thesims2.
i cant see modthesims going anywhere=noooo i have just found you
flowers to you .starcaller
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happysmiley
Yeah, we want hippos and bukkits!

Yeah, I only looked at this thread 'cos I was promised a hippo!

But seriously, I'm more than happy to donate - should have done it a long time ago really. *looks bashful and shuffles feet*

I'm fairly new to Sims 2, so not bored of it yet, and will continue to support fansites for as long as they continue...

All good things come to an end, but we have MTS3 to look forward to, maybe????
Scholar
#30 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:19 PM
You have a good plan to keep things going smooth!
There's a small glitch: I've donated in the last drive, but the banner still appears.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Scholar
#32 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:41 PM
A good year to the site with a lot of good things ! MTS2 is really great and I'm sure it will stay like this in the future !

About the Sims 3 ? We will see... :D

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:56 PM
I'm not so good at paypal, but I think I made a donation!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#34 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:45 PM
It's a bit weird, it only allows me to donate $5. Shouldn't I be able to fill in how much I want?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:47 PM
Many thanks to you, Delphy and the Admins for keeping us informed and for keeping things going here at MTS2.

Like Inge, I want to donate more also but didn't see a place to change the amount.

MUMBLER! Seriously, I cannot understand a word you're saying! .... Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:58 PM
Nouk, not a glitch. I temporarily enabled the banner for everybody, since there are quite a few people who donated last time and who want to donate again.

Inge, no thats not weird. The Make a donation button in the Donation Drive banner only allows you to donate $5. If you want to donate more, you can use the button on the actual Donate page itself.

Scholar
#37 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 4:08 PM
Ohhh smart. At least I don't have to search around now. I was worried you never gots the monies

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 4:24 PM
Default thankz for a scare so read before u post next time
well mts2 u have gave me and my friend a scare cause we thought mts2 was not going to be free eny more so stop posting these mesages if the say this on them (We are currently running a donation drive for server costs.)
this is realy bad so please make ur singe diferent and please put on it u can pay or downlode for free cause ur site is fab but we will NOT pay for a site were we can get the same stuff for free else were.so read what u right before u post it cause this mesage will make peopel leave here SO READ IT PLEZ

thank u for reading this from angel and tyler
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#39 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 4:49 PM
Thanks Delphy, I thought maybe the price just got stuck because I might have donated that amount last time and it remembered it

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#40 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:00 PM
I Really Really Really want to donate! but im a teenager! and my parents won't give me the credit card number but if i ever do! I will donate, I promise!

Thanks for all The work delphy....
Forum Resident
#41 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:26 PM
compaq - You're so precious...
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:44 PM
Thanks for everything you all do. This is my favorite Sims site. My husband just donated. Hope this site sticks around for a long time yet.

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:57 PM
I've signed up with PayPal under two different cards, & each of those cards ended up with fradulent charges.

If there were any way other than PayPal, I'd be all over it. I love mts2. Couldn't live without it.

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Field Researcher
#44 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 6:03 PM
Thank you for the wonderful site. I have now some admin problems with PayPal, but as soon as it will be settled, I'll donate willingly.
Theorist
#45 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 6:38 PM
Blarg!
Why must you infringe this upon us? :D
You know fine well I can't donate due to being only Small!

Acualy. I miht donate this time. Is worth it...
Oh yea, I don't have paypal. BALLS!

Is it right that I have a 'UGO' button opposite the MTS2 one?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
#46 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
...2007 was the Year of the Creator, and 2008 is yet to be named. Our Mission Statement still stands, and we'll continue to strive to be one of the best sites in the community. So, here's to all of you - the staff, the creators, the featured artists, the downloaders, the thankers, the tireless help given in the various create and help sections, and to those who have left the community for one reason or another - I wish you all well, and hope you have a great 2008!!...

...Kind Regards,
Delphy

MTS2008=

THe Begining of the end.
But how long will the end last?

THERE! HAPPY NOW?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zatlap
WHAT There is an ep coming out Feb 2008 "Free Time" or something like that

Yes there is one last EP (that has been confirmed)
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep7_index.php

And there is a possibly Stuff pack for later this year as well. There is no confirmation on this.
Test Subject
#48 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 8:49 PM
Default Donations... :-(
I would like to donate but my parents won't let me. It's a "waste" of money supposedly! What would they know, both of them think the Sims 2 is a virtual dollhouse and take the mickey out of me for playing it!
I'd say I'll donate when I'm 18 but thats 4 years away so by that time I'll be playing the Sims 3! (Maybe 4? - Who knows)

So all I can say is sorry. But I'll always support this site in my heart.

Shame bandwith doesn't run on loyalty.

The difference between a good man and a bad man is the choice of cause.
WILLIAM JAMES

Simmers against Paysites.
~Dayle~
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#49 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by compaq2424
well mts2 u have gave me and my friend a scare cause we thought mts2 was not going to be free eny more so stop posting these mesages if the say this on them (We are currently running a donation drive for server costs.)
this is realy bad so please make ur singe diferent and please put on it u can pay or downlode for free cause ur site is fab but we will NOT pay for a site were we can get the same stuff for free else were.so read what u right before u post it cause this mesage will make peopel leave here SO READ IT PLEZ

thank u for reading this from angel and tyler

What on earth are you talking about? MTS2 has never been a paysite and never will be one. If we (or rather, I) can't pay for the servers, either through donation drives like this one, or through ad revenue, then simply put the site will shut down.

Everything on MTS2 is free and always has been... I suggest you go back and read the mission statement and, well, everybody else in the entire community knows that MTS2 is the largest free Sims 2 site... so I have no idea where you got the idea we where or where going to be pay...

Colour me confused.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
Is it right that I have a 'UGO' button opposite the MTS2 one?

Yes, part of the ads agreement.

Page 2 of 6