Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 12:46 AM Last edited by zystem : 24th Dec 2019 at 4:48 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My sims keep getting random heatstroke indoors
Two of my sims so far have passed out from heatstroke just out of nowhere, indoors. I changed the weather from summer to winter so I could enable Santa because Xmas is in 3 days and I've also never done the Santa thing in the Sims 2 before.
The thing is I've changed the weather plenty of times before, and the heatstrokes are occurring indoors, not outdoors. And it's at night.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Googling it didn't come up with any Sims 2 results. Any help is welcome.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 1:24 AM
Is this in the same lot? Gable roofs are a pain to get working with Seasons.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 1:47 AM
Also make sure sims aren't constantly doing anything that heats them up (drinking juice, bathing/showering (can't remember if these affect temperature), having radiators, wearing outerwear, hot cocoa or coffee, or anything else that heats them up).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 3:19 AM
I am usually covering rooms what are directly under roof with ceiling. It is in Miscellaneous floors and costs nothing. It reduces heatstrokes indoors. Very good help is from Sim Blender , under Misc. menu is Reset temperature option what resets one or all sims temperature into normal.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Is this in the same lot? Gable roofs are a pain to get working with Seasons.

sorry for the direct quote.
yes its in the same lot. this all happened just out of nowhere. i had been playing this lot for some months now and then the mom of the family, and her son both passed out from heat exposure.
the house is a maxis made one, im terrible at building my own houses and i dont download my own often.
but that is it's own thing; it just happened out of nowhere. the only time ive ever had a sim overheat is when in the hot tub. and i dont have a hot tub on this lot.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 3:43 PM
i know it couldnt have been the tub because i checked one of the sim's moods and his hygiene was low. so he didnt overheat in the tub.
i dont own a coffee pot. i dont own a hot tub.
i dont own any work-out equipment (i dont know if doing yoga can effect temperature but all i did was take my eyes off my sim for a second..)
i assume this is a glitch. i changed the weather back to the regular cycle and later i'll check to see if it'll fix anything.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 4:19 PM
If it's the maxis houses from pre-Seasons, they may not be weather safe.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 10:23 PM
If you can't place ceiling tile to weatherproof the house and want to keep playing it just reset their temperature on the batbox or other similar mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zystem
Two of my sims so far have passed out from heatstroke just out of nowhere, indoors. I changed the weather from summer to winter so I could enable Santa because Xmas is in 3 days and I've also never done the Santa thing in the Sims 2 before.
The thing is I've changed the weather plenty of times before, and the heatstrokes are occurring indoors, not outdoors. And it's at night.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Googling it didn't come up with any Sims 2 results. Any help is welcome.

@zystem

Get this Mod Constant Temperature for All Sims , made by Mootilda {there are two versions, pick one}, and then forget about it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 8:10 AM
I've had that issue a few timed when I first installed Seasons on my old computer and quickly learned to use floor tiling as a flat roof even if I wanted another type of roof.I've not had that issue for years and never had it with TS2UC on my current computer.