Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:54 PM
Make a car tutorial?
Hello everyone,

I came from Maniapark, the site where some people are making cars/skins/objects for the Trackmania. I am new in modding Sims 3, so I am interested to make some exports straightly from 3dsMax to Sims 3.

For example I wanna to convert this beauty to the game:

It is a modified CanyonCar (mod made by me). But I need to export it to TS3, but I dont know how. Model already have openable doors, trunk and hood, paintable/unpaintble parts and lot of textures also made by me too in different formats (DDS, BMP, etc.) and in resolution of 2048x2048. Please, anyone can help me with exporting a car? Maybe I am a little dumb, but I cant find any tutorials right the whole Web
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:13 PM
Take a look through the Object Tutorials page: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Object_Creation

Although the existing tutorials tend to be about making furniture-type objects, importing a car is pretty much the same principle. And then if you get stuck, you can ask specific questions here.

(Please note that if you are planning to make the car for upload to share with others, you need to get permission from the person who made the mesh, unless they specifically state on the web page that the mesh is public domain with no restrictions.)

ETA: Ah, I thought I remembered BloomsBase had made a tutorial specifically about cars, but it isn't in that tutorial page I linked to above. Found it here - hope this helps! http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=461919
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:22 PM
the thread contains alot info but not complete.
Still have to write down how to change wheeloffset on basegame vehicles so you best pick the car i uploaded there(or settle for a wheeloffset from a basegame car)