Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:26 PM
Default Finally!
I'm so glad EA have finally announced it, after months of people already knowing/suspecting it

Anyway my topic was about - Are you happy/impressed? Surprised with some things? Disappointed?

I'm pretty much happy with it, I'm just hoping they'll explain more specific details as time goes by... And more screenshots,videos etc.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:28 PM
I'm pretty much happy with it

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]*flip flops..belly tops..lemonade under the shade..blue skies..hot guys..late nights..water fights..ice cream..sweet dreams..party time..looking fine..sleeping in..sneaking out..thats what us girls are all about!*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:30 PM
disappointed that it comes across as though pets are going to take up a slot happy and impressed by the possibilities of how many different types of pets you can have.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:30 PM
I'm happy with it - I'll take what I can get, no use complaining if it's pretty much finished already!

I have to admit, the first thing I'm going to do when I buy it is make a crazy cat lady :gonemad:
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:31 PM
I'm also disappointed about the family slot, but I guess there's no other way to do it and be able to control them
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:31 PM
I'm pretty happy about it.I can't wait till more info is released.
#7 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:32 PM
its not for definate about the slot though is it?

overall... i am very impressed! :P
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:33 PM
I'm happy so far ! I love my sims, but I'm a huge animal lover so I think I'll really like this. Those pets look so cute.

Argh I can't play the video though, so I couldn't see them 'in action' yet.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#9 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:33 PM
I'm excited about the parrots. I hope they are more interactive than in the original sims.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:34 PM
I just dont get WHY they took so long to announce it, and give us what.. 8 pictures? and a movie that doesnt work! oh well hopefully they really will start flooding us wiht info now that we know.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoobles
I'm excited about the parrots. I hope they are more interactive than in the original sims.

lol yeah. In the original game they only cawed and pooped. And mine.. well they only died. ]:

The guinea pigs look cute too. They're not just dots hopping around in their cage anymore like in TS1. Yay.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#12 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:36 PM
LoL comon decent interactions!! this time we have expectations
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
its not for definate about the slot though is it?

overall... i am very impressed! :P

I think it is, based on this:

Friends for a Lifetime: Your Sims’ pets are members of the family and share all of life’s great moments – whether it’s kids training puppies, teens playing fetch in the park, adults watching TV with their cats, or elders enjoying a sunny day in the park with their long-time companion!
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:38 PM
and also the fact that they have careers, and this...
register them to appear in Create-A-Family as a unique breed.
#15 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:39 PM
hmm but last time they did that... then all you could make them do was move... so either there are loads of interactions... or they didnt bother with family icons
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:40 PM
to be honest most of my teenagers move out and go to college but i do like sometimes to have a whole family sometime 3 generations living together so how am i going to have that plus the family dog
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:40 PM
I think there's going to be loads of interactions and all sorts of new stuff.
#18 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
I think there's going to be loads of interactions and all sorts of new stuff.

lets hope
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:41 PM
i hope so!!!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#20 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:41 PM
If they don't put lots in, we'll have to swarm their offices! :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fi5404
to be honest most of my teenagers move out and go to college but i do like sometimes to have a whole family sometime 3 generations living together so how am i going to have that plus the family dog

maybe you'll have the 8 spaces for your sims and then you could have a few for animals?

or you could download squinges hack that allows more than 8 on a lot.
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:50 PM
hmmm maybe they will have a whole new side for animals cause i just saw the vid and saw the dog that had the litter and surely that would totally bump up household numbers to beyond belief.
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:51 PM
After looking at the screenshots... I wonder, are all sims going to get mad if they find their pets sleeping on the furniture..? Some of us don't really care if our dog is taking a nap on the sofa, lol..
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:53 PM
yeah i could kinda sense a lot of annoying arghhhhhhhhhhh stop shouting at the dog and go cook dinner moments.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#25 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:53 PM
It might be linked to personality.

I get annoyed when my cats sleep on my bed, they shed all over it :p
Page 1 of 3