Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 4:51 PM
Default Adding swatch colors to s4pe?
I was wondering if this is possible? I'm working on a ton of hair recolors and although there are a bunch of swatch colors available under 'SwatchColorCode' there aren't enough brown ones to use for all my planned recolors. I've also tried to just edit the ARGB numbers but I get a properties window that says the 'Property value is not valid', and the details will say 'A=255 is not a valid value for Int32'. I know that you can use ColorMagic to change swatch colors, but it only allows you to do one at a time and I'm looking for a way to change the swatches in a package made with S4CASTools that contains multiple colors in an effort to automate the process and save time.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:00 PM
Are you talking about the colour *code* now, or the actual swatch? Those are two different things -- the former is the search tag that the game uses (so it wouldn't make sense to add new ones even if you could, because nobody could search for them), the latter would be the actual colour of the swatch you see in game. If you get something about invalid values there you must be entering your value in the wrong format or something. All the ones that I've seen are formatted 0xFFRRGGBB in hexadecimal, so when it's complaining about 255 are you are trying to enter a decimal number perhaps?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Are you talking about the colour *code* now, or the actual swatch? Those are two different things -- the former is the search tag that the game uses (so it wouldn't make sense to add new ones even if you could, because nobody could search for them), the latter would be the actual colour of the swatch you see in game. If you get something about invalid values there you must be entering your value in the wrong format or something. All the ones that I've seen are formatted 0xFFRRGGBB in hexadecimal, so when it's complaining about 255 are you are trying to enter a decimal number perhaps?

I mean the actual color of the swatch in game. I actually left 255 the same and only changed the RGB values based off of values from the Pixel Picker app. Am I working under the wrong section maybe?
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:13 PM
Oh, I see -- thanks for the screenshot, I was thinking of / talking about something else then. That looks a little broken indeed .. I wonder whether @Kuree or @Snaitf know about this.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:02 PM
Is there a page to report issues or should I just pm them here at MTS?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:24 PM
Well I already tagged them (above -- with the @ things in front) so they now already have a PM about this thread =).

Sadly I don't know myself what the current status is with s4pe support. You could try the Issues thing or Kuree's gitter (links see the sticky in Tools) if there is no reply here.