Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:53 AM Last edited by knightguy82 : 17th Sep 2007 at 7:58 AM.
Community Beach Showers? (wearing swimsuits)
i was looking into making a clone of the "Strut Your Stuff Communal Shower" so your Sim can use it outside to shower off in their swimsuit (to remove sand and such) but i looked at the object an i can't see where it says to get naked?

anyone have any info they care to share?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:19 PM
It is most likely in the semi-globals for the shower item. You might want to check the objects.package in the The Sims 2 TData/Res/Objects directory. I would suggest copying it to a safe place first.

This link has some info on the best way to find what you need:

http://sims.ambertation.de/ttabtutorialcarrigon.shtml
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:39 PM
Have you imported the shower semi-globals?

There's two behaviors that would probably be of use to you.

Line 5 of Event - Take Clothes Off

[prim 0x0079] Change Outfit (Target: My 0x000B (object id),
source: the sim's outfits,
Outfit: Naked,
Clear GUID pointers in person data fields: False,
Save change: False)

000A00001BB4226C01030B0000000000

Changing the first operand on the second line from 01 to 02 would dress them in the swimsuit instead of nude.

And Line 15 of Enter Shower

[global 0x029C] Clothes - Change Outfit (2 args:
Const 0x012A:0x03 (Value: 0x0001),
Literal 0x0000)

1A03550700000A00000A000001000000

XPTL297 changed the second operand on line one for his garden shower which unfortunately I cannot locate either here or at SS2 anymore and I'm not sure what his policy is on sharing the file. But here's the behavior so you can see the difference.

Const 0x012A:0x01 (Value: 0x0002),
Literal 0x0000)

1A01550700000A00000A000001000000

Other behaviors included in his include...

Interaction - Take Shower
Take Shower Loop
Exit Shower
Function - Init - Private
CT - Set Motives for Shower
Interaction - Take Shower Test
Function - Main - Shower - SG
CT - Update Dirty State
CT - Stats

I don't think there's been any changes in most of these since they don't look to contain any reference to changing clothes but other behaviors might refer to them and not function otherwise.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 2:10 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 18th Sep 2007 at 3:55 PM.
no i havent imported the shower semi-globals i dont know how

but i found XPTL297's Garden Shower

i'm gonna download it an will try it an see if it does what i'm wanting to do it

thanks taking the time to post an for your help

------------------

well i tryed the shower its great that they shower in their swimwear but then they change to everyday

an i found the shower semi-globals omg there 95 thank goodness you said what 2 would be useful haha to me

now i'm off to get grey hair or bald which ever come first

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:36 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 19th Sep 2007 at 4:20 PM.
i found 6 differnet shower semi-globals i think would deal with changing clothes

is there any site that has the code for the outfits?

Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 5:32 PM Last edited by ThomasRiordan : 18th Sep 2007 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Corrected self
Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps it's in the Wiki or it should be. But for 0x079 the numbers for the outfits are...

00 Casual
01 Naked
02 Swimsuit
03 Gym-Workout
04 Formal
05 Pajamas
08 Maternity
09 Casual 2
0a Casual 3
0b Underwear

I have been unable to locate the number for the winterwear yet. Maxis was following somewhat of a reasonable order up until that point. I'd love to know what it is myself.

I'm not sure what the numbers are for 0x029C are though since I've never used that global. I'd assume from the normal shower and the garden shower that 03 is naked and 01 is swimsuit. So if they followed an order it can be assumed that the other outfits fall in the 00-0b range.

You might try replacing line 13 ([semi 0x202F] Get Dressed (no args)) of Exit Shower with

Literal 0x0000)

That should cause them to dress back into their swimsuit instead using the Get Dressed semi-global.

The problem with the semi-globals is that of those 95 there's probably only about 4 or 5 that actually have anything to do with that particular shower. Another thing of note the garden shower looks to be cloned from the Clean Water Shower System and not the Strut Your Stuff Communal Shower judging from the textures.

Edit; I am incorrect it is the Strut Your Stuff Communal Shower that the garden shower is cloned from. For some reason the textures for the titles of the Clean Water Shower System are pulled even though they don't seem to serve any real purpose.

Thanks for the link to the Garden Shower. Now I know where to link to when I include it on my beaches. Don't worry about the gray hair or balding. We're all doing that here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 7:13 PM
urgh all i'm trying to do is get them to make sure their wearing (change to) swimwear when they shower an keep wearing it after the shower

sounds simple huh?

but everything i've tryed to do dosen't seem to take effect they still get naked an still change to everyday clothes

since the shower came with Uni should i be looking at the semi-globals from that objects.package?

Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 7:52 PM
You could try that. It'd probably be harder to locate them in there than using the import semi-global part though. I've actually started my own little project for this idea which at the moment seems to work perfectly. I haven't checked the getting out of the shower part yet, but will as once I'm finished setting the placement flags. But what I did is import...

Enter Shower
Exit Shower
Interaction - Take Shower
Interaction - Take Shower Test
Sub - Communal Shower?
Take Shower Loop
Exit Shower - Flush

All of those are what the Interaction - Take Shower and Interaction - Take Shower Test behaviors look for. Without those there will be invalid behaviors and most likely cause it not to work. Instead of just making it use the swimwear in mine I decided to make it use both swimsuits and nude so I cloned the Enter Shower, Exit Shower and Interaction - Take Shower behaviors (you won't have to do this since you just want it to use swimwear by default).

In the Enter Shower behavior I changed line 15 to

Literal 0x0000)

I should probably explain that when I put 1A01550700000A00000A000001000000 you can pretty much copy and paste those into the PJSE Instruction Wizard (the " next to the cancel button) and it'll set all the operands for you. It makes things little easier.

In the Exit Shower behavior I changed line 13 from

[semi 0x202F] Get Dressed (no args)

to

Literal 0x0000)

The only other change you might want to make that I didn't since I don't see a great probability of someone actually flushing a toilet close enough to these showers to trigger it. But in Exit Shower - Flush you might want to change line 19 to

Literal 0x0000)

So with those three changes you should be able to accomplish what you want it to do and keep them in their bathing suit when they enter, during and exit the shower in any circumstance even the likelihood of the flushing toilet exit is unlikely.

I'll upload a copy of the shower I ended up making so you can take a look later. I figured since it was easier to help you by doing the steps myself instead of guessing I might as well make something useful out of it. But didn't want to end up making the exact same thing you're making. So in mine there's a little more randomness to it. Some Sims choose their swimsuit, other's choose to go in the buff. Makes those beach parties more interesting.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:09 PM
A copy of my shower can be found here . Hopefully, it'll help you to see what I did to accomplish the change into swimsuit, if you haven't gotten it from text alone. It's supposed to be attached to this post, but I'm not sure it worked. Apparently, it didn't.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:04 AM Last edited by knightguy82 : 19th Sep 2007 at 4:21 PM.
urgh i'm uploading my test shower an hoping you'll look at it an see what i'm doing wrong i've changed the required clothing bits but it dosent work

an i tryed your shower but i noticed in "swimwear" my sim didn't stop showering when her bar was full then boolprop spit out an error which i'm attaching tho in "nude" she showered till done then get into everyday clothes
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N001_t15511.zip (8.9 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:52 AM
Are you sure you uploaded the shower that is giving that error? I can't even see the #1029 "Interaction - Take Shower - Swimsuit" BHAV in there?

Oh I see your error was from Thomas's shower. It's usually more helpful to upload the file that matches the error output - Thomas's error message won't help us fix your shower.

As far as I can see, your shower isn't running your local BHAVs. The TTAB calls the semiglobals, which I don't think will call back to your locals, if my memory is correct about tub-shower globals.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 1:53 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 19th Sep 2007 at 1:58 PM.
omg *smacks* head

thanks Inge Jones

any clues on how i can bypass the privacy by age check?

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:52 PM
The version I saw didn't have enough of the code imported, you'd need to import right from the "Interaction take shower" BHAV, all the way thru to the deepest Semiglobal you need edited. Then to get rid of a line that checks for privacy, Sort the BHAV using the Sort button, then use Pescado's Delete under Special Buttons to delete the line (select it first of course)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:27 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 21st Sep 2007 at 12:13 PM.
*whew* just wanted to make sure just deleteing the lines was ok didn't wanna make my object go BOOM

well here the shower so far

can you see anything wrong besides the fact it needs renamed etc....

Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 5:55 PM
I see what happened with mine. For some reason line 2 went invalid even though it was valid when I saved the file and continued to work in my game. Not sure why they don't stop showering when the bar is full though. It's not a problem I've been able to reproduce so there might be some other conflict unless it was the invalid behavior problem that caused it.

As far as your shower goes it looks pretty good to me. You've made all the necessary changes to the behaviors from the looks of things. Made the change to exit state in the get dressed behavior which should also work. I'll give it a try in game later to see how well it works. But looks like you've done a good job so far.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 9:34 AM
Question: how hard would it be to make it so this object takes the texture from the orinagal one?

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 10:06 AM
Getting custom objects to take textures from Maxis objects is, well, pretty easy, especially with IgnorantBliss's awesome tutorial here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=229452

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:12 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 22nd Sep 2007 at 4:11 PM.
well i tested it on a few familys an it works & i've got it to share textures an recolors from the oringal Uni Shower

well heres the new version

hopefully ThomasRiordan dosent find anything wrong (with the old version)
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:03 PM
Sorry, I got busy the last couple of days.

I gave the original version a try out last night and everything seems to be working beautifully. No problems, no error messages.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 7:33 PM
well i uploaded it to MTS2

now i just have to wait to see if its gonna get approved or not

Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 4:14 PM
Well Shower Posted
Outside Communal Beach Shower *hugs* to everyone that helped

Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:30 PM
Glad you got it finished and approved.

General rule of thumb with modding is never ever think "this should be easy". It rarely is and those things that you think should be easy usually end in you pulling your hair out before it's over. Always think it's going to be a nightmare and then you can be pleasantly surprised on the rare occasion that something that should be easy actually is.