Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:03 PM
Default Will quad channel RAM and raid 0 SSD benefit in loading time ?
After did benchmark several times I found that the following can speed up loading time.
- SSD
- CPU IPC
- CPU Ghz
- RAM speed (not much)

Wonder about triple or quad channel memory , Anyone who use SB-E / IB-E please tell me.
Raid 0 SSD I read article at Tomshardware it say "good for benchmark , not much in real world" but still wonder about Sims 3.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:09 PM
Moar RAM and an SSD made a BIG difference in my loading times. IDK about exact specs on those - I know the ones I got were good but I think the amount of RAM (I think I have 16 GB now?) and just SSD vs. SATA was pretty huge. A fresh Windows install probably helped a bit too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:00 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:11 AM.
I too can contest to having a solid state drive bringing much higher speed to my computer. No need to defragment an SSD, plus no moving parts, making it quiet when in use (to retrieve and write data). It's quick like a flash drive and those on the market nowadays are much more reliable than early versions of SSDs.

If Sims 3 with all it's expansion packs are slow on very good systems, having more RAM and an SSD wouldn't hurt to speed up processing.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!