Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 7:07 PM
Default Sims on this laptop?
I know laptops aren't generally best for gaming, unless they were actually made for gaming but can this one run sims 2 + expansions or sims 3 + expansions?

Intel Core i5-3337U (1.8 GHz)
Nvidia GeForce 740M
6 GB RAM
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 11:55 PM
It can definitely run TS2 + expansions, it can run TS3 and probably some early expansions, but I wouldn't like to try TS3 + all (or most) EPs on it. And if you decide to play TS3 on it, keep away from those high poly CC hairs .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 12:02 PM
Some expansions is OK , Just stay away from all expansions.
Sims 3 really need real quad cores , dual cores + HT is not enough.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It can definitely run TS2 + expansions, it can run TS3 and probably some early expansions, but I wouldn't like to try TS3 + all (or most) EPs on it. And if you decide to play TS3 on it, keep away from those high poly CC hairs .

Really? Yayyyy. But what exactly do you mean by that? What about if I play TS3 with Late Night, Generations, Supernatural and Seasons? Or are the last 2 too recent?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 3:34 PM
I'd definitely avoid Seasons - traditionally, Seasons is one of the EPs that sucks the most out of your graphics card. Late Night and Generations should be fine. Supernatural I'm not sure about.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 6:14 PM Last edited by xHellcat : 31st Oct 2013 at 8:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I'd definitely avoid Seasons - traditionally, Seasons is one of the EPs that sucks the most out of your graphics card. Late Night and Generations should be fine. Supernatural I'm not sure about.

Ah thanks. I don't suppose i could substitute seasons with university life? And you're absolutely sure the laptop can handle it and it won't put strain on it or anything? I'm very paranoid