Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 1:31 PM
Default Toddler Bathing
I finally got so fed up with the constant toddler bathing that I tried to make a mod to actually stop it unless the toddler has low hygiene. To my surprise it seems to have worked on the first try. XD This is most unusual and I can't help wondering if I missed something. If anyone else would be willing to test it for me and let me know if there are any problems then it would be much appreciated!

Bathing should not be attempted unless the toddler has less than 50% hygiene.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  toddlerbath.rar (486 Bytes, 85 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:30 AM
Well, some people downloaded it, but no one said there was anything wrong with it. Speak now, or forever hold your peace. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:22 PM
I only just saw it, people are probably busy with the contest. I will try it for you. Bit hard to test since this is a free will thing? Play and see if someone grabs and baths a clean toddler? or are you saying I can't even direct a sim to bath a toddler if they are not at 50% or lower? Some more details would be helpful. Also how you want us to test.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:28 AM
You should be able to direct them to bathe a toddler still. They just shouldn't try it autonomously unless the toddler has 50% or under hygiene. Thanks.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 6:23 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 7th Feb 2018 at 6:54 AM.
Okay, my findings so far are that no one can bath toddlers because they can't. The option has gone from the maxis tubs. I tried forcing a bladder failure and while the grandparent tried to take the toddler to a bath they placed him next to it, so they can't do it either autonomously or directed. The toddler asked for a nappy change which the grandparent did and hygiene went right to the top, further than I think it normally would. I think 3/4 is what you normally get from the change table. I also thought maybe hygiene was going down slower than normal since the toddler had used the potty twice and had barely lost any, but I did start them all on max motives so I am not sure on this last point.

Edit: It's possible it's clashing with the sit with baby or toddler mod so I will try later with that out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:23 AM
Hmm, I don't get any of that. Nappy changing has always put hygiene right up for me and using the potty hasn't lowered it. Would be helpful if you could try without the other hack, thanks.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:59 AM
Probably can't test now, I am transferring things from my desktop to my portable hard drive and this one folder has slowed my computer right down. I have asked Gina to take a look.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:59 AM
Alchemist
#9 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:40 PM
I did a quick test - if the toddler's hygiene is over 50, there's no option to bathe them. The option does appear if hygiene drops to 50 or below.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 4:26 AM
Thanks. Looks like it does remove the pie menu option as well. I just hadn't noticed before.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 7:35 AM
Sorry for bumping, but the fact that they bathed Toddlers so much also really annoyed me, I have had so many times that my Toddlers did not need a bath, but my sims just gave them one anyway.
Here's one example, I once bathed a Toddler, fed him a bottle, then I put him into his crib, then about a minute later, some Teenager came into my house, grabbed the Toddler and bathed him again! Why do they need all of these baths? They should only do it when their hygiene has reached around 50%
And another time, my Toddler was bored (The Fun icon was being displayed above his head.) I was trying to get my Toddler to go play with his toys, my Sim went to work so the Nanny came, walked straight up to the Toddler, and guess what she did? She gave him a bath! That does not raise the Fun Motive.
So thank you for this mod, I think that the creators of the game should've tested everything before releasing it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 11:52 AM
I should relook at the mod. It seems to work as long as no one wants to use the non autonomous bathing.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 12:37 AM
I forgot to mention this in my last post, but I once lost a Toddler to the Social Worker due to the constant bathing, I was playing, my Toddler was really hungry, (The icon was being displayed, and he was pounding and screeching on the floor, and the message that says "What kind of parent let's a child go hungry? The Toddler is just skin and bones! Feed that child and fast!" appeared.) I was looking for the fridge so my sim could get a bottle out, as my sim was walking towards the fridge, my other sim got home from work, grabbed the Toddler and can you guess what he did? Bathed Him! and as soon as he finished Bathing the Toddler, the Social Worker came and took the Toddler away for Hunger.
Sometimes my sims do things that I don't like, I got really sick of cancelling actions.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 8:07 AM
Thanks for reminding me about this. I should upload it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 1:32 PM
Hmm, looks like there is a problem if there are multiple toddlers in the household. If one toddler is clean then the other one is also unbatheable. I thought the mod checked to see if individual toddlers were dirty, but it seems to be checking if any toddlers in the house are clean. Does anyone have a clue why that might be happening?
Alchemist
#16 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 9:04 PM
The game is building a list of toddlers on the lot with a Set to Next command. The way the code usually works, is it has an "Am I a Toddler" check, and if yes, they'll be added to the list of bathable Sims. You added a line to check and see if the toddler is dirty, and if no, it'll return false. So, the set to next ends without checking for the other toddlers and building the pie menu. Instead of having Stack Object's motive 0x0008 (Water / Hygiene) > Literal 0x0000 return false if True, have it go to Line 5 if true. I didn't test it, but that should work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 7:56 AM
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, now everyone is throwing an error when they try to bathe a toddler.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/946897/
Alchemist
#18 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 7:15 PM Last edited by omglo : 31st Jan 2019 at 2:19 PM.
Hmm, I'm betting I sorted the BHAV (I have a habit of doing that) and you didn't, so my line 5 was different than yours. For reference, I took your added hygiene check and sent it back to "Set to Next" instead of False. The option to bathe the dirty toddler came up, but not the clean ones. The dad successfully bathed the dirty toddler without errors.

ETA: removed link
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:13 AM
Thanks! It works now. What is BHAV sorting? I've never heard of it.
Alchemist
#20 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 7:28 PM
Glad it works now. When you're looking at a BHAV in simPE, there's a sort button on the lower right hand side of the screen. It puts the lines in a more readable order. In an unsorted BHAV, line 1 might connect to line 15 if it returns true, then line 15 might connect to line 7 on true etc. If you sort it, line 15 will be moved up to line 2, line 7 will become line 3, and so on. But it's not a good idea to edit and save a sorted BHAV if you're making an override, like you are. Because someone's game might be reading line 15 when they put the mod in, and because the BHAV would be sorted, that would now be line 2, and new line 15 would be something entirely different, so the game wouldn't run the entire BHAV.

My mods are usually entirely new, not overrides and it's safe to sort those, so I have a habit of automatically pressing the sort button.