Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 1:20 AM
Default milkshape saying it dousnot recinze file
is telling me it isnot a SimPE when it is
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:44 AM
Default New MilkShape
I just installed MilkShape 3D v1.8.4 and it has the plugins included. (Thanks everyone) I'm off to let NeptuneSuzy teach me how to mesh. When I'm done I'll let you know how it turned out.
Test Subject
#303 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 8:42 PM
By reading this thread here I realized what I was doing wrong when trying to export my meshes, and now I feel so absolutely dumb for not getting it the first time >.< Too bad now I already deleted everything out of anger D= /has to re-do everything

Cool story bro... Cool story.
Sockpuppet
#304 Old 22nd May 2011 at 11:05 PM
Would you be willing to have a look at the Unimesh bonetool?
It often crashes MS on Windows 7 64bit versions
Alchemist
Original Poster
#305 Old 23rd May 2011 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Would you be willing to have a look at the Unimesh bonetool?
It often crashes MS on Windows 7 64bit versions

This is not a new issue, it has been around a long time. It also manifests itself as a crash when opening a file in MilkShape. It happens when a Microsoft window is opened on top of one that uses OpenGL, and is a problem in the graphics driver. Try a different video driver, or roll back to an older one. Or, if you are using an ATI/AMD card, think about a better one.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Sockpuppet
#306 Old 23rd May 2011 at 7:04 AM
Oh, i do indeed have a ATI(ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 1GB DDR3 graphics)
Only having these issues on the bonetool, tried to bypass the openGL but that doesn't change anything.
So it could be caused when TSRW for instance is also running?
Sometimes it works great, next moment i cant do anything with it..
Alchemist
Original Poster
#307 Old 23rd May 2011 at 5:32 PM
ATI works with OpenGL, but not always reliably. I don't think they have testing OpenGL very high on their list, while DirectX, well that is most games.
Some of the other places I lurk where OpenGL is used have issues in these other applications that use OpenGL from ATI cards.
Mostly it is the drivers. Some of them work OK, then they make a new one that breaks something. I know it's a pain, but try some different ones, either older or newer. Make a note if one works better.

Besides MilkShape, Maya and a bunch of other 3D programs use OpenGL to do the mesh rendering within the program. A few, like 3DS Max, have drivers for either. But on OpenGL, with ATI cards, they sometimes crash when you put another window on top of them. It is something buried in the driver code that I cannot fix. I have experienced this in MilkShape and in Maya with ATI cards. The last few cards I have bought have been NVIDIA because of it.

Maybe since AMD took over they will improve this. Their cards are used on Macs, with OpenGL, and do not seem to have as many issues (from what I see in posts, I do not own a Mac) but those drivers are not the same as the ones for the PC.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Sockpuppet
#308 Old 29th May 2011 at 1:50 PM
i did try some diffrent drivers but doesn't make a diffrence.
Guess i got to get used to MS bonetool
Test Subject
#309 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:49 AM
never meshed before I have milkshape so Im gonna try and see..pray for me lol
Mad Poster
#310 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
i did try some diffrent drivers but doesn't make a diffrence.
Guess i got to get used to MS bonetool

Bloom and Wes, just FYI, I have the problem of the bone tool making Milkshape crash if I use it on my main PC which is a laptop with a built-in Intel GMA945 graphics chip. No changing to various different drivers or any other fiddling around with the settings has made a difference, and I don't have any other windows open when I'm using Milkshape either. But it all works fine on my other PC, which is a desktop with an nVidia graphics card. So I guess it has a problem with Intel graphics as well as the ones you mentioned.
Test Subject
#311 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:34 PM
HELP ME! I CAN NOT DOWNLOAD THE FILES. ; n ;
Test Subject
#312 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:38 PM
OOPS NEVERMIND. ONCE AGAIN MY GIFT IS WORKING. . u .
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#313 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 7:09 PM
Hi Wes! S3OC and S3PE came up with the ability to extract pets parts. I extracted some horse bridles, etc but Unimesh import doesn't see the skeleton correctly. Do you have an ETA on when Unimesh will be updated for pets? thanks you for giving us non programmers the ability to mod stufz! :0)
Test Subject
#314 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:18 PM
It works with sims 3 too??
Test Subject
#315 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 4:25 PM
Help
I cant download it clear instructions please!
Mad Poster
#316 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QuackClaire
I cant download it clear instructions please!

Clear instructions are in the first post. If you can't download MilkShape, that's a problem with the MilkShape site... not this site.
Instructor
#317 Old 12th May 2012 at 2:49 AM
Oh oh, oooooh noooooo :-(

My aging Nvdia graphics card recently died, and was replaced by a brand new AMD Radeon HD 6800 series card.

Deciding to plunge into working on a brand new mesh, I selected my vertices and went to use the Unimesh bone tool....much to my horror, as soon as I clicked on anything within the bone tool window, the Milkshape application immediately crashes to desktop.

Items checked:

There are not two skeletons.
Unimesh - latest version
Milkshape - latest prefered version (1.8.4 is what I currently use)
Tried with both older and newst AMD Radeon drivers - no change
Windows version in use - XP, all updates current

Also tried - both with AND without the Mesa dll's in the milkshape folder - no difference at all.

Am I doomed? Is there no solution? Am I the only AMD Radeon card user that meshes with Milkshape and unimesh plugins?

If anyone knows a real solution, please do say so. The thought of doing this one by one in extended manual edit is just not pleasant.
Test Subject
#318 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
Like the original set, these plugins REQUIRE MilkShape 1.7.8 or higher (they run on 1.7.7, but there are skin weight related bugs in MilkShape 1.7.7 and 1.7.7a).

Please download MilkShape 1.7.8 (or later, 1.7.10 and 1.8.0 are out and work) from http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ and then these plugins (go ahead and overwrite the ones included with the MilkShape release, then go to the next message and download the manual.

Also note there are tutorals posted in the Tutorials section both here at MTS2 about Sims2 meshing and also at the MilkShape site about using MilkShape (generic meshing). The manual describes the plugin usage, but is not a tutorial.

Changed are:
The Importer, on body meshes, will no longer import a second skeleton. It doesn't even ask anymore.
There are also four new plugins added (all of which have been available here at MTS2 for testing).

Interim Importer Update: I have rolled back the V409A3 importer, which is not feeling well and crashes, back to the V409A importer. You need only download and replace the single file. My apologies.

<* Wes *>

Release 4.09 attached, posted 12-May-2007.
[The previous update was dated 15-Feb-2007]
Importer Interim Update 03-Dec-2007.

Install the full UniMeshPlugins.zip package into the MilkShape program directory (normally C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.8.2).

IT DOESNT WORK D:
Site Helper
#319 Old 16th May 2012 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 16th May 2012 at 1:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ilikesoup
IT DOESNT WORK D:
This isn't a very helpful error report. Perhaps you could lose a bunch of the smileys and tell us what's wrong instead. What do you do? What happens when you do it? Do you get any error messages? etc.
Banned
#320 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:49 PM
I've made a pdf format for the unimesh manual, for anyone interested who doesn't have access to open word documents.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  UniMeshManual.zip (542.8 KB, 98 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#321 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 5:56 AM
Um... I don't know why but when I go into Milkshape the files don't appear so that i can open them so can anybody tell me how to download it or if I can download it with WinRAR or... how to open the specific file? Any help would be great. Thanks for the help if you give it to me. It is very appreciated. XD XD SushiXD
Mad Poster
#322 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushiXD
Um... I don't know why but when I go into Milkshape the files don't appear so that i can open them so can anybody tell me how to download it or if I can download it with WinRAR or... how to open the specific file? Any help would be great. Thanks for the help if you give it to me. It is very appreciated. XD XD SushiXD

Are you talking about the plugin files? They're not supposed to be "opened" with MilkShape; they should be showing up as tools that you can use on your mesh files.
Test Subject
#323 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 8:30 AM Last edited by sushiXD : 8th Dec 2012 at 8:45 AM.
Thanks. It worked! man why didn't I think of that
Test Subject
#324 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:03 AM
I think the Milkshape 3D thing tried to hack my system... it showed a little box with green numbers and a flickering on and off box thing. Is this bad...?
This was when I tried to run it....

Fixed Sims 2 finally, and now I have Homecrafter+!
~I take requests~
Mad Poster
#325 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vinyl_scratch
I think the Milkshape 3D thing tried to hack my system... it showed a little box with green numbers and a flickering on and off box thing. Is this bad...?
This was when I tried to run it....

Are you running 'FPS Limiter', by any chance? That creates a little box with green numbers flashing on and off. Milkshape doesn't do that, nor does it try to hack your system.
Page 13 of 14