Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 5:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
How to unlock hidden traits from imaginary friends and genies?
Hey guys,
my sims had a imaginary friend and i take her to my household with nraas.
i want that her owner is the only one who see her and it works.
the only problem i had is, the interaction where she can take a cake is no named.
And the Point who she can tránsform to a real sims dont works

how i can fix it?

Ps: or maybe i can unlock hidden traits from imaginary friend or genie?

xo
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:01 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
I'm not an IF expert by any means, in fact thus far I have mostly avoided them so hopefully others will correct me if I've got this wrong. But I thought they were supposed to stay in the inventory of the sim who is "hosting" them, not be full-fledged resident household members while still in doll form, in order to reach the stage where they can be converted to "real."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm not an IF expert by any means, in fact thus far I have mostly avoided them so hopefully others will correct me if I've got this wrong. But I thought they were supposed to stay in the inventory of the sim who is "hosting" them, not be full-fledged resident household members while still in doll form, in order to reach the stage where they can be converted to "real."

Actually, I just wanted her husband to be the only one who sees her. Besides, she's get lost the cake-making ability when she drinks the potion to get into the family. A djinn can fulfill wishes and if you take him regulary to your family he loses the ability .the same thing happens to the imaginary friend with the cake
I just think that both creatures have very little special powers and when I heard that there are hidden features I have tried around to use them too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Moved to help!

that would be awesome
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frigore
Hey guys,
my sims had a imaginary friend and i take her to my household with nraas.
i want that her owner is the only one who see her and it works.
the only problem i had is, the interaction where she can take a cake is no named.
And the Point who she can tránsform to a real sims dont works

how i can fix it?

Ps: or maybe i can unlock hidden traits from imaginary friend or genie?

xo

You use nraas?
It is possible to assign hidden traits. Not sure if "Imaginary Friend" is an actual trait or not, but if it is, you should be able to get it by clicking the Imaginary Friend Sim, click "NRaas" -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Traits -> Choose and choose the trait you want. Once it is selected, hit the check mark to confirm, and done.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:46 AM
I was only skimming through this thread but from what I got is that frigore is not necessarily looking for a way to unlock the hidden traits (because both the IF and the Genie still have them) but rather for a way to enable character abilities that these occults have only until they become active.

Imaginary Friends can autonomously summon special rainbow cookies and cupcakes when they are still only visible to the owner of the doll, but they lose that ability when they become part of the household. And Genies can grant wishes but only three and certainly not when they have been freed.

And I support this. It would really be nice if the IFs could still summon those cookies at all times like genies can summon food. I remember that a while ago I was looking into this briefly by way of finding the summoning tuning files but have come up empty-handed. But I haven't really followed this through very thoroughly.