5 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#9951 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 11:50 PM
in case it was missed.
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
loading order.
when game loads the Downloads folder; is it sub-folders first then files or files first then sub-folders? or is the order by keyboard character regardless of file or folder?
and similar with each level of sub-folder?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#9952 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
in case it was missed.
Originally Posted by mdsb759
loading order.
when game loads the Downloads folder; is it sub-folders first then files or files first then sub-folders? or is the order by keyboard character regardless of file or folder?
and similar with each level of sub-folder?

I am not sure, but I going to say that it is alphabetical and that folders and files are equal in the sort order.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9953 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:32 AM
I'm pretty sure the game reads the title of the subfolder then everything in that subfolder and then the title of the next subfolder. Of course, you can have subfolders inside subfolders, so the game would have to keep going "deeper" in order to read everything in the deepest subfolder level.

Maybe if you gave an example of what specifically you're wanting to know, we'd be better able to help. Normally if I want to ensure something loads first, I add "1_" to the beginning of its subfolder.
Mad Poster
#9954 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:38 PM
Rosawyn is right. The files that are in your actual folder called Downloads are the very last to be read.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Link Ninja
#9955 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:02 PM
Is there any easy way to find out what a specific outfit in the game's package file name is? I have a dress in game but I don't know which package it is, and I was hoping to kind of reverse engineer a WCIF for someone by googling the package name. Trouble is, I don't know which package drives it's existence in CAS.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#9956 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:28 PM
I'd like to know that too, Charmful; it'd make it easier to remove broken things, like a dress with a missing texture.
Inventor
#9957 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:31 PM
One way I do it is through Wardrobe Wrangler, hoping the item actually has proper tooltips and images.

Edit: Would packaging a sim with the outfit work? You could put them into a cc-free Body Shop and narrow down your options from there.
Mad Poster
#9958 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:56 PM
Is there a way to use the bandatron on only part of a lot? There's the pay door but I think Sims only need to pay once and a door doesn't always look nice.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#9959 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:15 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 19th Oct 2017 at 9:57 PM.
I have a periodic issue with the The Secret Society that I am not sure I am handling right.

At University I usually run one of the Greek Houses and what will happen is that The Secret Society Limo will arrive and the NPC gets and comes into the House and then instead of "Arresting" the target Sim, the NPC will just turn around and get into the Limo and then the Limo leaves.

Sometimes the Limo won't come at all.

Either way, when this happens I have been using the Bat Box and going to the Nuke section, nuking the Scenario Controller (+AWOL HM) and nuking Sim Schedulers, then I proceed to rehire the Maid and the Gardener.

The next night at about 11pm the The Secret Society Limo returns and usually the "Arrest" proceeds as it is supposed to and the target sim ends up on the Secret Society Lot.

What I find rather annoying is that after a number of days of playing the same problem will re-occur and I will have to do the same routine with the Bat Box again.

So I have a several questions, is what I am doing the best? Why doesn't my solution always work? Why does the problem happen in the first place. Why does the problem happen again?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9960 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Is there a way to use the bandatron on only part of a lot? There's the pay door but I think Sims only need to pay once and a door doesn't always look nice.

No unfortunately. What is needed is a pay turnstyle or a pay archway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9961 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 11:31 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 20th Oct 2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Is there any easy way to find out what a specific outfit in the game's package file name is? I have a dress in game but I don't know which package it is, and I was hoping to kind of reverse engineer a WCIF for someone by googling the package name. Trouble is, I don't know which package drives it's existence in CAS.

Yes there is! All you need is Bodyshop, and my favorite sims-related program ever, CatOfEvilGenius' filename tooltip adder. It's easier to use if you have your CC well-organized, because you have to manually add each folder with files (click the first file in the list, hold shift and click the last item to mark all of them and add a whole folder at once), but it can be used either way. I would recommend doing chunks, don't add all your CC in one go and then run it. Sometimes there are files that will make the program crash. It's fairly rare, only happened to me with 3-4 files and I've used it for years, but having been there I can tell you it's not fun to add all the files only to have to re-do it in chunks anyway to try and find the faulty file. Also, don't forget to tick "Change existing tooltips"-box if you want all files to be renamed.

Once you ran it on everything (or the relevant section, if you have well-sorted CC), you can load Bodyshop and simply mouseover the outfit in question and the tooltip will tell you what it's filename is. It's awesomesauce! :lovestruc

Inventor
#9962 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 11:47 PM
A question about Monique's Child Support mod. I'm currently playing the Curious household and Pascal received money from the Pollination Technician. Since there are no relationships or memories involved, can I assume this is safe?
Link Ninja
#9963 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Yes there is! All you need is Bodyshop, and my favorite program ever, CatOfEvilGenius' filename tooltip adder. It's easier to use if you have your CC well-organized, because you had to manually add each folder with files (click the first file in the list, hold shift and click the last item to mark all of them and add a whole folder at once), but it can be used either way. I would recommend doing chunks, don't add all your CC in one go and then run it. Sometimes there are files that will make the program crash. It's fairly rare, only happened to be with 3-4 files and I've used it for years, but having been there I can tell you it's not fun to add all the files only to have to re-do it in chunks anyway to try and find the faulty file. Also, don't forget to tick "Change existing tooltips"-box, if you want all files to be renamed.

Once you ran it on everything (or the relevant section, if you have well-sorted CC), you can load Bodyshop and simply mouseover the outfit in question and the tooltip will tell you what it's filename is. It's awesomesauce! :lovestruc

HECK YEAH! Thank you for bringing this to my attention Gummi. I know what I'm doing tonight :D

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#9964 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:18 AM
I am interested in installing business runs you. The page says it requires:
autosoc.zip
autoyak.zip
bathroomusesyou.zip
macrotastics.zip
skillinator.zip

Are all of these actually required? I can't find skillinator in the ffs directory. Also, do any of them not play nicely with big mods like ACR and Inteen?
Mad Poster
#9965 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:31 AM
Macrotastics is probably the only one you need. I've never had any real problems using it alongside ACR, wasn't using it when I had InTeen. Skillinator might be in the big zip file.

It can conflict with other mods (one of Sun&Moon's toxic herbs made Sims drop dead if you were also using Macrotastics, something about it changing illness).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9966 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:50 AM
They will all be in the Director's Cut. You can try them out - they all work with ACR well.
There are menus and objects which you can choose to use or not on different lots or in different situations.
Mad Poster
#9967 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:57 AM
Quote:
A question about Monique's Child Support mod. I'm currently playing the Curious household and Pascal received money from the Pollination Technician. Since there are no relationships or memories involved, can I assume this is safe?

It is safe. Hey, even aliens have to pay child support. Interstellar mail is much faster than regular snail mail, too.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#9968 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:30 AM
Thanks, Fran! Weirdly, Pascal ended up paying child support the next time around, even though his daughter lives with him. Not sure why that happened.

@Zena-Dew-Drop , you'll miss out on some functionality if you don't install all the parts. I'd say the least needed is bathroomusesyou though it does help prevent people congregating in the bathrooms.
Theorist
#9969 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
I am interested in installing business runs you. The page says it requires:
autosoc.zip
autoyak.zip
bathroomusesyou.zip
macrotastics.zip
skillinator.zip

Are all of these actually required? I can't find skillinator in the ffs directory. Also, do any of them not play nicely with big mods like ACR and Inteen?

I have both Inteen and ACR. At one time I think I had all of them, but now I currently only have macrotastics. Didn't have any issues prior and don't have any now. Some day when I play for real (after I get my stuff sorted so it's easier to find and know what's what) I might put the rest back in.
Mad Poster
#9970 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:53 AM
IIRC one of the hacks listed as needed for business runs you was morphed into one of the other ones at some point and is no longer a separate package. I don't remember which one it was, but I remember looking all over for it when I wanted BRU only to realize it wasn't available because it was no longer needed.

Mad Poster
#9971 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:34 AM
What are some other good image hosting sites? I find modyourpanties difficult to use, and photobucket is being a pain in the ass.
Instructor
#9972 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:39 AM
Have you tried Imgur? It doesn't tend to have the problems photobucket has been having, and I hope it stays like that! But what is so difficult about modyourpanties?
Mad Poster
#9973 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:50 AM
All I can get modyoupanties to do is post links, I can't get it to post images in a thread itself.
Inventor
#9974 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:56 AM
The format here goes:

[img]PASTETHELINKHERE[/img]

It should appear in-line that way.
Mad Poster
#9975 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:29 PM
What does the plumbob icon mean when you're managing/creating a group? I can only guess it identifies non-townies (presumambly, to make the player inform that they too can add/remove people from the group as well), because it doesn't seem to identify the sim is friend with or have closes tieds as I used to believe.
Page 399 of 1339