Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9926 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:24 AM
I have a couple of toddler toys that build body. One is a mirror on here and another looks like rattles by bienchen83. You will probably have to hunt all over her site to find those though. She has tons of toddler toys for all the skills. I really like her little sink for cleaning skill.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9927 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Is there anything toddlers can build body skill with?

I have some custom rattles.

What I find strange is that toddlers can and will ask for skill points in skills they should not know are possible for them to learn, like cleaning. Sure, I have a custom toy sink where they can pretend to wash dishes...but if it's not on the lot, how can they know it exists?
Inventor
#9928 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 6:46 AM Last edited by Sketching : 18th Oct 2017 at 7:37 AM. Reason: added link
I recall someone having a mod that allows toddlers to autonomously use the rocking horses (is that what they're called?) by themselves and gain body skill from them. I have the file in storage but I can't remember where I got it...

Edit: I'm an idiot. Have a link: http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...ring-rider-mod/

I noticed that this doesn't play well with my harder skills mod - not a problem if you don't use one.

Also, I never had toddlers roll those kinds of wants before. I have a variety of skilling toys but they never bothered; some went for business wants instead. Child, I assure you that owning your own business isn't as easy as your parents make it look!
Mad Poster
#9929 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
They won't go from bi to straight or gay so easily?

Yep, that's how you keep your bi sims bi. I use the blender, and it sets it to +500 for each.
Of course if you really want to keep bi sims bi, you'll also need Bisexual Influence Fix by Cyjon.

Now if I could just get an easy easy way to keep my ace sims ace, I might just be set...
Inventor
#9930 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:05 AM Last edited by Sketching : 18th Oct 2017 at 9:43 AM.
I guess the easiest way to have aces is to set them as totally "repelled" (sounds like some sort of ointment or Pokémon spray ) by both genders in SimPE. It's not completely accurate for some real-life examples but that's the best way to do it in-game at the moment.
Mad Poster
#9931 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:08 AM
Re toddler skills: I have toys that teach other things, and try to match their personality to what they should be learning (serious=logic; active=body). I have toys for what I know they will need, but all they ever WANT to learn is the standard Maxis toy stuff, like creativity and charisma (come on, really!). I mostly have fish and radios, and like it when they interact with them and think "That was fun".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9932 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I have some custom rattles.

What I find strange is that toddlers can and will ask for skill points in skills they should not know are possible for them to learn, like cleaning. Sure, I have a custom toy sink where they can pretend to wash dishes...but if it's not on the lot, how can they know it exists?

I find toddlers to be smart, smarter than adult sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9933 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I guess the easiest way to have aces is to set them as totally "repelled" (sounds like some sort of ointment or Pokémon spray ) by both genders in SimPE. It's not completely accurate for some real-life examples but that's the best way to do it in-game at the moment.

It's also not "easy," since loading SimPE takes forever, and I'm just barely starting to get used to using it at all; I want an in-game option like the ones on the blender for straight, gay, and bi. There technically is an option for "none" on the blender, but it just sets both to 0. That's how my Keats Margison is currently set, and I keep meaning to fix him properly in SimPE but then forget every time I've got it open. (Derp.) But so far no one's managed to turn him straight or gay, so that's something.
Edit: I just realized that since I connected LGU to my hood, drama professors are "in the wild" just waiting to strike. I probably should really get on that fixing him to properly ace in SimPE thing.
Mad Poster
#9934 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:55 AM
LizzLove's gender kite has the ability to set both genders to like -500. But it's a little glitchy and if you leave it hanging up Sims might autonomously view it and reset their gender preferences.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#9935 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I find toddlers to be smart, smarter than adult sims.

Truth. As long as they have everything they need, they take care of their needs better. Asylum challengers can also attest to this.

It's also not "easy," since loading SimPE takes forever, and I'm just barely starting to get used to using it at all; I want an in-game option like the ones on the blender for straight, gay, and bi. There technically is an option for "none" on the blender, but it just sets both to 0.

This would make it so much easier for those who can't access SimPE. I prefer to use SimPE myself though because I tend to rearrange and check memories.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
LizzLove's gender kite has the ability to set both genders to like -500. But it's a little glitchy and if you leave it hanging up Sims might autonomously view it and reset their gender preferences.

I had that problem before. I ended up disabling Auto View Art to stop it but then I suddenly missed the stupid laughter visitors burst out when they look at the residents' family pictures. (I put it back in because it annoyed me again and I didn't want sims gaining enough art enthusiasm to constantly measure others' chests. )

Dang, this multiple cut-paste to quote thing is taxing and unsightly to look at. I should have just jotted your names down.
Mad Poster
#9936 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 11:18 AM
Stupid question: does that 'great floor divider' actually work as a fence, invisible or not-or is it an unseen barrier? I've never figured out how to use it properly.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9937 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Is there anything toddlers can build body skill with?

@Freefalldreams I'm surprised no one has linked to it yet. Gdayars made a toy record player for last years Fishmas over on Leefish, with custom animations and music. If toddlers sing along, they gain creativity, if they dance to the music they learn body. Get it here.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9938 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:00 PM
It works as a wall in the sense it contains the noise, which is why it can be used around a crib to keep the sound of a crying baby from reaching out into the room. In an apartment, it treats it also as a wall without a door, so any area closing off an area in an apartment will be read as public space not part of the apartment. It can be stepped over, but put close to some things it again acts like a wall. Put around a chair, the chair can't scoot.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#9939 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@Freefalldreams I'm surprised no one has linked to it yet. Gdayars made a toy record player for last years Fishmas over on Leefish, with custom animations and music. If toddlers sing along, they gain creativity, if they dance to the music they learn body. Get it here.

What are the requirements for the Toy Record Player?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9940 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
What are the requirements for the Toy Record Player?

It requires Freetime.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9941 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:51 PM
I can make a lower version for it fairly easily if you want it done.
Mad Poster
#9942 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I would be interested if you could. Due to my on-board graphics chip, the highest EP I can safely run is OFB. Anything that might help build relationships between toddlers, and between toddlers and children, would be good. There really wasn't much before FreeTime.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9943 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:48 PM
Edit: I just realized that since I connected LGU to my hood, drama professors are "in the wild" just waiting to strike. I probably should really get on that fixing him to properly ace in SimPE thing.

TwoJeffs has a No Meeting Professors mod: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0 so Sims won't meet their professors

Cyjon has a no visiting professors mod: http://cyjon.net/node/135 that keeps the Drama professor from stalking the dorms. I mean seriously the Drama professor should lose their job for stalking students. (Sleeping with students is not ethical regardless of subject taught.)
Mad Poster
#9944 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:12 PM
Ohh I really want the bienchen sink but I can't even seem to find her website? Anyone have a link? I don't mind hunting through other objects, but I can't get the site to load at all. I can find the choose language page and then it just 404s on me.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#9945 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:34 PM
Is "Cuddling Under the Clouds/Stars" considered a romantic interaction and will it provoke jealousy?

I could check for myself but I don't like taking risks. I learned that the hard way when I was a complete novice at the game.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#9946 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:57 PM
It's romantic. Probably provokes jealousy, but haven't tested.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#9947 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars

I would love to have one that works with anything BV and earlier. Mac Players like me don't get FreeTime or later.

That makes two of us in the thread that I know of, that would love to have it in a lower version.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9948 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Stupid question: does that 'great floor divider' actually work as a fence, invisible or not-or is it an unseen barrier? I've never figured out how to use it properly.

-
Besides what Joandsarah said, the "great divide" does some semi-wall stuff: it can be walked over like it's not there, but put around a bed (with room to walk around the bed INSIDE the "divide") people in the bed will think they are in an enclosed room (no shooing). Like-wise around a crib, or cot that toddlers can get into by themselves (so you CAN put the crib in the master bedroom, or in the room with many babies/toddlers/kits. AND MY FAVORITE - around showers and toilets; I build a wall, slap a bunch of showers on it, put a "divider" between each shower, and 2 blocks away from it (so each shower has a 2-block "room"). Sims will happily take their shower "in private" than stand around talking. Just NECESSARY for my huge families..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#9949 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
TwoJeffs has a No Meeting Professors mod: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0 so Sims won't meet their professors

Cyjon has a no visiting professors mod: http://cyjon.net/node/135 that keeps the Drama professor from stalking the dorms. I mean seriously the Drama professor should lose their job for stalking students. (Sleeping with students is not ethical regardless of subject taught.)

Most of the LGU students already know at least one professor, and I've got Cyjon's allwalkbys making them show up on community lots already. And anyway, I love watching drama profs get rejected. Especially for the "leap into arms," because that's just amazing. :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9950 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Ohh I really want the bienchen sink but I can't even seem to find her website? Anyone have a link? I don't mind hunting through other objects, but I can't get the site to load at all. I can find the choose language page and then it just 404s on me.

The easy way to find her site is put 'sims 2 toddler toys' in google and hit images. Some of hers always shows up in the first line or two. Here is the first one to show up for me. http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/Bienc...n/m_set12_e.htm Her site is a pain to navigate just so you know. The toys are worth it though.

Edit: haha the sink actually is on that page. That was pure luck.

~Call me Jo~
Page 398 of 1346