Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3501 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 8:04 PM
Pun unintented, but it's a peeve when you accidentally name your pet "1" as you were trying to adopt the puppy.
Advertisement
Scholar
#3502 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 5:12 AM
Grrr...When the nanny puts the toddler in the high chair and feeds him, then goes straight to the fridge and gets him a bottle. Which, of course, she can't give to him, so she puts it on the floor. Then gets another bottle out of the fridge, and puts it on the floor. Then turns back to the fridge for another bottle...Luckily Cyd was home by this time, so she got deleted without pay.

I've had a Sim child who refused pointblank to do homework no matter what her mood. I had to get her brother to do it in the end.
Lab Assistant
#3503 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Pun unintented, but it's a peeve when you accidentally name your pet "1" as you were trying to adopt the puppy.

Thankfully you can call the Pet Registry and rename them. :D

My pet peeve is how terrible most of the Maxis hotels (and the NPCs therein) are... at least at Twiikii Island anyway. I wanted to try re-designing the vacation hoods but it will never let me add any new lots, even if I get rid of the hood decor/objects so there is space. I'm probably doing something wrong somewhere..lol.
Mad Poster
#3504 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Grrr...When the nanny puts the toddler in the high chair and feeds him, then goes straight to the fridge and gets him a bottle. Which, of course, she can't give to him, so she puts it on the floor. Then gets another bottle out of the fridge, and puts it on the floor. Then turns back to the fridge for another bottle...Luckily Cyd was home by this time, so she got deleted without pay.

My nannies all do this. I decided to be crafty and turned the fridge around after she'd got the food out, so she couldn't get bottles. Instead of standing there complaining about not being able to get in the fridge she seemed to accept it and wandered off to do something else.

I was impressed, but I needn't have been. I had forgotten that I'd put a mini fridge upstairs in the baby's room and she was headed straight up there for bottles. DX

Quote: Originally posted by heroesandthieves
My pet peeve is how terrible most of the Maxis hotels (and the NPCs therein) are... at least at Twiikii Island anyway. I wanted to try re-designing the vacation hoods but it will never let me add any new lots, even if I get rid of the hood decor/objects so there is space. I'm probably doing something wrong somewhere..lol.

Yeah, you should be able to put new lots in vacation hoods. I do it all the time.
Mad Poster
#3505 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can edit the lot using the 'loadlot' cheat. So;
Loadlot "My Muse II"
I think you need to boot the game in debug mode for the loadlot cheat to work (so you need to do the first part of this guide ).
I suppose I could use this to edit the secret society lot at Land Grant University and make the cowplant permanently inaccessible. Or even remove the horrible thing altogether. (I cannot see anything as funny, that endangers the lives of my precious Sims.)

Thanks for telling us about this, simsample. It's a cheat that I'd somehow missed.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3506 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 11:56 AM
You don't need that cheat to edit existing University secret society lots - only if you're building new ones of your own from scratch. You should be able to enter Build Mode and Buy Mode normally whenever you visit an existing secret society lot with your sim. Unlike other types of secret lots, Maxis decided to let us customize the University ones.

If you don't yet have any playable YA sims who are members of the secret society, just enable testing cheats and shift + click on any playable YA. Click "Add to secret society" and you should be able to visit and remodel any time you like. To remove a sim from the secret society, just go through the process again and click "Remove from secret society."
Inventor
#3507 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it irks me that toddlers don't roll wants for anybody but their parents. Well, I guess they can want to sing a nursery rhyme with the person who taught them, but I would've liked for them to have more than generic wants to be "played and snuggled with," especially when they're being raised by others who actually care about them and don't leave them starving alone in the snow.
Mad Poster
#3508 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
You don't need that cheat to edit existing University secret society lots - only if you're building new ones of your own from scratch. You should be able to enter Build Mode and Buy Mode normally whenever you visit an existing secret society lot with your sim. Unlike other types of secret lots, Maxis decided to let us customize the University ones.

If you don't yet have any playable YA sims who are members of the secret society, just enable testing cheats and shift + click on any playable YA. Click "Add to secret society" and you should be able to visit and remodel any time you like. To remove a sim from the secret society, just go through the process again and click "Remove from secret society."
Thanks RoxEllen! In that case, I think I'll just leave it till a playable gets abducted/invited to join. From what Peni's told me, the cowplant at the LGU Secret Society is behind a fence, but there's a gate in the fence. If changes made while visiting the lot "stick", then I think I'll just lock the gate so no-one can autonomously walk in. I had assumed it would be like an un-owned community lot, and I'd have to relock the gate at the start of every visit. Waiting till my Sims get there before changing anything means the appearance of the lot will be as much a surprise for me as for them. That should be more fun than editing it in advance.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#3509 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it irks me that toddlers don't roll wants for anybody but their parents. Well, I guess they can want to sing a nursery rhyme with the person who taught them, but I would've liked for them to have more than generic wants to be "played and snuggled with," especially when they're being raised by others who actually care about them and don't leave them starving alone in the snow.

My sim toddlers roll the generic "be played with"/"be snuggled" wants somewhat regularly, and I tend to interpret it as them asking for a specific sim (someone other than mom or dad), if one is available. Maxwell Oglethorpe sometimes asks for his aunt Jane, as an example, and at least one of the Fortuna sims has asked for their big sister. Haylee Sinclair asks for her stepmom sometimes too. :lovestruc It would be cool if toddlers rolled these generic wants mre often though! Edit: Sorry, I guess I misread your post...you want them to specifically ask for specific sims, not just use the generic wants.
Mad Poster
#3510 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 8:22 PM
Andrewgloria: re that Secret Society. I wondered about that cow plant to, but next to it is a hot tub, and 2 of the unplayables got killed it that!
============
Rosawyn: toddlers will want to interact with anyone they have a high enough relationship with. In many of my large families it's a grandparent, teenager, or other person in the household who has lots of free time, who pays attention to the toddlers. So the toddlers roll wants "be tickled by someone". In some of my deliberately bad families, mom never did ANYTHING with the baby/toddler, but the absent dad was there a lot and the toddler could get attention from him!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3511 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 12:40 AM
Thanks grammapat, and thanks too for the PM you sent me recently. The cowplant killing unplayable Sims is definitely not acceptable in my game, so I'll have to do something abut it. (All my Sims have a right to life. ) But, if I pause the game as soon as my Sims arrive, I should be able to rearrange the lot before the "thing" has a chance to eat anyone. I'll try to arrange things so they can get to the hot tub without putting themselves in danger. But, if the worst comes to the worst I'll just delete the cowplant -- it really has no place in a civilised game like mine!

By the way, just how far away the from the monstrosity is safe? I was thinking of putting a fence round it one tile away from it, in case the thing can lean over and grab a Sim from the other side of the fence.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#3512 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 1:13 AM
@AndrewGloria - if you don't mind hacks, here:
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...-from-cow-plant

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3513 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 2:11 AM
Thanks ihatemandatoryregister! I use lots of hacks. Especially ones that stop nasty things happening to my Sims! So I've just got this one. Thanks again!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#3514 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 2:19 AM
This means you can also keep the cowplant as a nice decoration.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3515 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 2:50 AM
When the baby-changing animation or whatever glitches out and gets stuck in a loop and you have to reset both the grown Sim and the baby, losing their queue in the process.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#3516 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
This means you can also keep the cowplant as a nice decoration.
I can certainly keep it. Whether it's "nice" remains debateable!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Inventor
#3517 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 5:27 AM Last edited by Sketching : 14th Oct 2017 at 9:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
My sim toddlers roll the generic "be played with"/"be snuggled" wants somewhat regularly, and I tend to interpret it as them asking for a specific sim (someone other than mom or dad), if one is available. Maxwell Oglethorpe sometimes asks for his aunt Jane, as an example, and at least one of the Fortuna sims has asked for their big sister. Haylee Sinclair asks for her stepmom sometimes too. :lovestruc It would be cool if toddlers rolled these generic wants mre often though! Edit: Sorry, I guess I misread your post...you want them to specifically ask for specific sims, not just use the generic wants.

Sorry, I should have specified that yes, I would have liked for them to ask for specific sims.

I can always interpret the want as being for someone in particular, but it would've been nice to see my toddlers want to be snuggled by their twin, tickled by a close stepparent, or be talked to by a cousin. :lovestruc

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would've also liked some toddler wants to be fulfilled by other actions - like huggling fulfilling "be snuggled" or talking on activity tables and dollhouses to fulfill the "be talked to" want. Then again, talking while eating dinner together doesn't fulfill the "talk to x" want for other ages either... I know I could cheat click the want but it's not the same.

Also, is it just me, or does older sims playing with the toys together with the toddlers not fulfill the "play with and talk to" wants on both sides either? I've had siblings play on the logic blocks and charisma bunnies with the toddlers but I sometimes had to interrupt the moment to have one tickle the other to get the want.

Edit: Now I'm tempted to dissect the Wants Trees and see if I can do something about this but I'm not sure where to start.
Top Secret Researcher
#3518 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Thanks RoxEllen! In that case, I think I'll just leave it till a playable gets abducted/invited to join. From what Peni's told me, the cowplant at the LGU Secret Society is behind a fence, but there's a gate in the fence. If changes made while visiting the lot "stick", then I think I'll just lock the gate so no-one can autonomously walk in. I had assumed it would be like an un-owned community lot, and I'd have to relock the gate at the start of every visit. Waiting till my Sims get there before changing anything means the appearance of the lot will be as much a surprise for me as for them. That should be more fun than editing it in advance.

Whenever one of your Sims visits the Secret Society they can make what ever changes in building you want or buy or sell whatever you want as well. The only limit is the available funds that the Society has. If your Sim stays there until after they has passed a Final the money gained is added to the available funds or you can always have your Sim Paint and then sell the Painting or Write a Novel, any funds gained are also added, or you can do a money cheat or what ever else to add to the funds of the Society. When you leave and come back you will find that all the changes have stuck, just like it was the Sim's own house.

In my game I added an Elevator with several floors and a bedroom, I also added the in the floor hot tub, a sauna, and a Majong Table and more, I like how it is bigger now with more stuff..

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3519 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Also, is it just me, or do older sims playing with the toys together with the toddlers not fulfill the "play with and talk to" wants on both sides either?

Joining a toddler playing with a toddler toy does not in fact fulfill any wants, but it damn well should. Same with two sims playing their handhelds together...so annoying that it fulfills no wants.
Mad Poster
#3520 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:11 AM
I can certainly keep it. Whether it's "nice" remains debateable!

Hey, all your sims have a right to life don't they (including weird plant hybrids). Feed the cowplant with steaks and have the no taking cake mod and your sims can keep it as a pet.
Inventor
#3521 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Joining a toddler playing with a toddler toy does not in fact fulfill any wants, but it damn well should. Same with two sims playing their handhelds together...so annoying that it fulfills no wants.

Oh, gosh, yes, that too! Having Pokémon battles counts as playing together, darn it!
Mad Poster
#3522 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:00 AM
The cowplant killing unplayable Sims is definitely not acceptable in my game, so I'll have to do something abut it. ... By the way, just how far away the from the monstrosity is safe? I was thinking of putting a fence round it one tile away from it, in case the thing can lean over and grab a Sim from the other side of the fence.

The cowplant can't "lean over the fence" and grab sims. I don't think TS2 can handle that kind of animation. Sims/objects that interact must both be on the same side of a fence or wall.

The easiest way to deal with a cowplant at a secret society lot is to just put a fence around it with no gate (the premade Maxis secret society lots are made this way). In the secret society lot at Land Grant University, just delete the existing gate in the fence around the cowplant. If nobody can get to it, nobody will be eaten.
Mad Poster
#3523 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 1:53 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Oct 2017 at 2:08 PM.
All your posts are very reassuring! I think I'll use a fence and the Don't grab Cake mod. There's nothing like a belt and braces just to be sure. I empathise with and identify with my Sims more than most Simmers, and I think I'm genuinely afraid of this thing! Still, if it can't lean across a fence and grab Sims on the other side, presumably it can't lean out of my computer screen and eat me either!

There are a number of things like bougainvillea shrubs and hydroponic gardens that I first came across in The Sims 2, and then discovered are a thing in real life too. I do hope the Laganaphyllis simnovorii isn't another one: I hope I'm never walking happily along a country lane and spot one smiling demurely at me from the hedgerow!

[EDIT] If I do spot one, I promise I won't take the cake!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#3524 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:21 PM
Reading the tale of "AndrewGloria and the horrible Cowplant" with much enjoyment
Forum Resident
#3525 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:18 PM
When Sims are at a restaurant on a date or dining with family, I can't stand it when other Sims crowd around their table trying to get their attention. When doing so they often block the waiter and each other and it get's on my nerves; but there is nothing I can do about it so I have to ignore them and deal with it. However, I wish there was a "leave them along while their dining" mod.
Page 141 of 274