Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3476 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:24 AM
Their fun motive is simply too low. raise it up, and they'll do their homework without a fuss.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Theorist
#3477 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:34 AM
That *bleep* moment you spend almost an hour in CAS creating a new family to add to your neighborhood, and instead of clicking cancel on editing a sim, you click cancel to exit back to the neighborhood...completely ignoring the "are you sure" prompt until it's too late. This all happened because I decided I wanted the couple to only have one child to start, instead of two. Sadly, I really liked the three sims I'd created too, and basically ended up rage quitting the game.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#3478 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
That *bleep* moment you spend almost an hour in CAS creating a new family to add to your neighborhood, and instead of clicking cancel on editing a sim, you click cancel to exit back to the neighborhood...completely ignoring the "are you sure" prompt until it's too late. This all happened because I decided I wanted the couple to only have one child to start, instead of two. Sadly, I really liked the three sims I'd created too, and basically ended up rage quitting the game.

I've done before too. Just recently, twice in 1 week actually, I went to close out the game and due to ingrained habit, though a good habit, I clicked yes to save when I didn't want to. Which is how my test family of 1 romance adult female ended up with kids ... lol.
Mad Poster
#3479 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:28 AM
I accidentally cancelled when making my homeless family. In hindsight, it turned out well, because I preferred the appearance of their second iterations.

Anyways, a pet peeve: I'm losing motor control in my right hand and starting to have difficulty using a mouse. There's a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but it can't fully be played with a keyboard.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3480 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:43 AM
But there are keyboards that have a mouse on them that could be used by either right or left hand. Would one of those perhaps be helpful? Sorry to hear about your right hand, that sucks... *hugs*

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3481 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:00 AM
I'm not too sure - I changed my mouse sensitivity a bit and that suffices for the time being, but I am not sure how long for.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#3482 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:32 AM
Is it only in your right hand? I know it would be hard, but if you try and train yourself a little at a time, maybe you could switch to the left hand.
Mad Poster
#3483 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:39 AM
My son who's 10 has cerebral palsy and uses the mouse with his left hand. I guess it's somewhat easier for him because he's never known any other way; this is the only way he's ever used a mouse. But he manages to play the sims (in addition to several other games). In any case, I hope you find something that works for you, ihate!
Mad Poster
#3484 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:18 AM
Switching mouse hands might work for the time being - unfortunately, if it is Parkinson's Disease (on a waiting list to see a neurologist to find out for certain), it'll eventually progress to both hands.

I was looking into something like SteadyMouse - a good part of the problem is the constant shaking of the cursor. Cost is a bit much for me. I'll think of something.

Mad Poster
#3485 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:01 AM
DX Hope you get good news. That's terrible.
Mad Poster
#3486 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:08 AM
Well--could be worse. PD isn't fatal in itself for the most part, and young-onset PD is more receptive to treatment.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3487 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iceheart2009
my biggest pet peeve with the sims 2 is when children refuse to do their homework.i remember a few years ago a child refused to do homework and was taken by a social worker.

@iceheart2009 As was said above their fun is too low. The easiest and quickest method to raise fun after school is to offer the child a 2-3 games of red hands by a parent or sibling (they do need to have a decent relationship with the other sim) You will see the fun meter go up quickly in only minutes and then they can do their homework with another game once finished. Or if that sounds boring, a pool slide is next best. If you send them to private school the fun bar won't drop as much.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3488 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:45 AM
Can children kick flamingos? That raises fun surprisingly quickly.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3489 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
It bothers the hell out of me that on the FT Arts & Crafts Hobby Lot, "My Muse II", at the center of the lot are the bathroom facilities. They are mirror images of one another. But based on the layout, one of the showers is NOT accessible!

You can edit the lot using the 'loadlot' cheat. So;
Loadlot "My Muse II"
I think you need to boot the game in debug mode for the loadlot cheat to work (so you need to do the first part of this guide ).
Mad Poster
#3490 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:18 PM
Annoys me bajeebus out of me that activity table paintings when placed on a flat surface are placed with the picture face down. Who would put the backside of a picture up? A) You can't see the beautiful drawings and B) something on the surface could rub off on the picture, and the picture could rub off on the surface. No no no!

(And yes I do realize that most likely it is not that it's upsidedown but rather that there is no lie flat texture for the painted paintings and instead it reverts to the appearance of a paper on the activity table itself, but that's still just sloppy creating!)

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3491 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:27 PM
The blocks - mechanical table - they seem to glue themselves to things.
Top Secret Researcher
#3492 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Switching mouse hands might work for the time being - unfortunately, if it is Parkinson's Disease (on a waiting list to see a neurologist to find out for certain), it'll eventually progress to both hands.

I was looking into something like SteadyMouse - a good part of the problem is the constant shaking of the cursor. Cost is a bit much for me. I'll think of something.

@ihatemandatoryregister Maybe a Track Ball would work better for you? I use one and it occurred to me that one might work for you if you adjusted the senisitivity on it. One thing that occurs to me is that with a track ball yoou only move your fingers and not your whole hand, so I was thinking that it might work for you once you got used to it. Also track balls are not very expensive.

If you do try my suggestion let me know if you would.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3493 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:20 AM
I may look into that. Hopefully it won't be as cost-prohibitive.

Mad Poster
#3494 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 2:14 AM
I use this mod so school doesn't tank fun as much: http://modthesims.info/d/448557
My Sim kids always head straight for instruments or the chess table to get their fun up. If the motives are low, they are more likely to reject commands.
Forum Resident
#3495 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:35 AM Last edited by grinevilly : 9th Oct 2017 at 3:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can edit the lot using the 'loadlot' cheat. So;
Loadlot "My Muse II"
I think you need to boot the game in debug mode for the loadlot cheat to work (so you need to do the first part of this guide ).

AHHHH!! Thank you @simsample!! that's SO Awesome! I got so sick of putting in the cheat to enable buy/build mode to swivel the shower every...single...time... i use the lot! ...only to have it revert back to the original state! Drove me up a friggin wall!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You're a lifesaver!

-gE
>=)
Top Secret Researcher
#3496 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:27 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 9th Oct 2017 at 7:40 AM.
@ihatemandatoryregister
I am not sure right now how much the basic model wired Logitech Trackball I bought cost, but i think it was less than $25 US. I don't know where you are located but you can find wireless ones for less than $30 at Walmart and Best Buy and wired ones for less than $25 at Best Buy in the US. Of course Logitech has some more expensive ones if you like their features.

@iceheart2009

I use a mod that more or less forces the kids to homework at a set time after school. It is by Monique, the MQ_Do_Homework_Mod.package and it is available here.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3497 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:03 AM
I plan to look into it when I have a bit more money to spare.

Forum Resident
#3498 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@ihatemandatoryregister
I am not sure right now how much the basic model wired Logitech Trackball I bought cost, but i think it was less than $25 US. I don't know where you are located but you can find wireless ones for less than $30 at Walmart and Best Buy and wired ones for less than $25 at Best Buy in the US. Of course Logitech has some more expensive ones if you like their features.

I LOVE my wireless Logitech Trackball mouse. I had the old, wired style for many years. I got the new one, M570 model with the blue marble thumb control last year and I think it's even better! No more wrist pain (which I got with a traditional mouse), easy control, and I can move the mouse from place to place without the cord getting in the way. The trackball does take a couple days to get used to -- and the ball needs to be popped out and wiped now and then, but all in all, I'd say this is hands down the best mouse I've ever owned, and it's just $28 US dollar at Best Buy.

But for someone who has fine motor control issues, it might be a pain. What makes things easier for me might be difficult for someone struggling with their motor skills. I would definitely recommend hanging onto the receipt and giving the tracking ball a good try for three or four days.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3499 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I got so sick of putting in the cheat to enable buy/build mode to swivel the shower every...single...time... i use the lot!

Thanks for the Lifesavers! :lovestruc *Yum*

You can use that cheat for any lot, you just have to know the lot name (and it's displayed on the lot loading screen as your sim travels there). I use it to make my own Secret Society lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#3500 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 6:52 PM
Even with moveobjects on, second-floor floor tiles cannot be placed on the very edge of the lot.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 140 of 274