Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1026 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 5:31 AM
Oh the memories..Thanks for sharing. I recall my first time playing, it was the Broke family. The house was a mess, never realised you had to *click* the counter for it to be cleaned. Poor Brandi never had energy, was always hungry, and forever waving madly at the screen..."Helloooo, can't you see Im in dire need of *whatever*, and pregnant? Imbecile!"
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1027 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 2:11 PM
....I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat the cake from the Cow Plant.........
....i mean....i was a kid back then playing sims for the first time and...and i like cake....
Theorist
#1028 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
....I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat the cake from the Cow Plant.........
....i mean....i was a kid back then playing sims for the first time and...and i like cake....

Well, I hope it taught you a lesson about not accepting candy from strange plant-bovine hybrids.
Mad Poster
#1029 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:06 PM
Or strangers in general.
Inventor
#1030 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 7:56 PM
A couple times lately, I've let my Sim answer her cell phone when at a community lot, and this has caused one or both her lovers to leave because there is now "one Sim too many" on the lot - which is odd since the calling Sim is actually nowhere in sight.

Another noob event is when I let Andrea come home with William as her current date. Soon after they returned to her place, Frank phones her asking for a date. I felt embarrassed because Andrea was in the middle of her arrangement with William, so I purposely rejected. I should've let that date end at the community lot before heading back home, and then she would've had two dates with two people on the same evening instead. I also knew it was inevitable, because she and Frank had two consecutive dates prior to that and he wanted a third.
Lab Assistant
#1031 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 4:41 AM
The first sim I made lived in strange town and married the townie Bella Goth. I was so shock when she arrived with the welcome wagon and thought that I had "discovered her". I thought that she must have been like a rare event/Easter egg in the game. Then later I thought it would make a fun story to move her and her new family back to pleasant view and reunite her with her old one. So yep I tucked the family and their house into the lots bin and transported them and their corruption to PV. Not long after the family became unplayable and every action I told them to do kept dropping from their que.
just a girl
#1032 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Something which would be extremely cool to see is a template override which allows them to be added to households safely...

Did you know there are copies of some "untouchable" sims available for downloading? I downloaded the Therapist, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Father Time (and someone else I don't remebmer) just for giggles.
Instructor
#1033 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 8:59 PM
Hmm. Now that you think of it, i'd be easier to just make a Sim in a SB suit instead of altering the template for the ability to move in the real ones. They're not really much different from real Sims aside from a different locomotion and no voice.
For the locomotion: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=298515
Forum Resident
#1034 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Did you know there are copies of some "untouchable" sims available for downloading? I downloaded the Therapist, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Father Time (and someone else I don't remebmer) just for giggles.

Rod Humble, perhaps? That's the one I have, plus invisible skins to make a playable Grim Reaper, as the robe is unlockable in CAS.
Forum Resident
#1035 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 10:24 AM
Cancer? He's a Taurus, according to the popup you get when all sims on a lot are dead.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1036 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare

I had a downloadable Mrs C at one point in time. I put her in an old age asylum type challenge. She and one of the older gents had quite a thing going.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#1037 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Rod Humble, perhaps? That's the one I have, plus invisible skins to make a playable Grim Reaper, as the robe is unlockable in CAS.

Where did you get him?

I positively need Mr. "Humble"'s annoying self-insert so that I can do horrible things to him as a revenge for him and his hobby zombies continuously barging into my houses (befor I modded them out)

Might even make him a zombie for my next Apocalypse hood. The difficult part then would be to distinguish Sim-"Humble" from Zombie "Humble" Tip: Zombie Humble is less annoying, but he will still leave (broken) computers at any house he comes across
Forum Resident
#1038 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:57 AM
In the original Sims, I moved the four-member Pleasant family into the very smallest house (2 rooms and a bathroom), and attempted to build an expansion by using the wooden privacy fence as a wall.

That didn't work well.
Mad Poster
#1039 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:58 AM
Post #7

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=543593

He's BG compatible since the uploader swapped out his hairstyle with a similar one from the base game.

lol..good thing I clicked on your link, I was about to post the same one.
Oh..and for Humble's hair, I grabbed his here..I grabbed a default though, because i liked it.
http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/257986.html

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#1040 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Where did you get him?

I positively need Mr. "Humble"'s annoying self-insert so that I can do horrible things to him as a revenge for him and his hobby zombies continuously barging into my houses (befor I modded them out)

Might even make him a zombie for my next Apocalypse hood. The difficult part then would be to distinguish Sim-"Humble" from Zombie "Humble" Tip: Zombie Humble is less annoying, but he will still leave (broken) computers at any house he comes across

I see frogz already posted a good link to get the darling Mr. Humble but I got mine from strangetomato's LiveJournal a few years back, along with betterhumblehair (MATY?--don't remember). He got to play the starring role in my Asylum challenge andhe got knocked up by the aliens. Made me laugh so hard when that happened.
Mad Poster
#1041 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:30 AM
This is one of my favourite threads on the forum. It's time it was revived again.

When I first saw the option to cook Mac and Cheese, I thought it meant a Big Mac with cheese on it. But when my Sims made it, it looked nothing like a Big Mac. It took me quite a while before it dawned on me that "mac" must be short for "macaroni".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#1042 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:45 AM
i've been looking for this!

can't remember what I wanted to say though!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#1043 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
This is one of my favourite threads on the forum. It's time it was revived again.

When I first saw the option to cook Mac and Cheese, I thought it meant a Big Mac with cheese on it. But when my Sims made it, it looked nothing like a Big Mac. It took me quite a while before it dawned on me that "mac" must be short for "macaroni".

There’s something about it... In TS3 it was translated in my language as burger with cheese; they have fixed several translation errors but I don’t remember if they ever fixed that.

I remember that when I firstly loaded the game in 2004 I chose the hood to play based on those animated previews. It looked like Pleasantview had areas with dry grass (which later turned out to be decorative yellow flowers), so I decided I didn’t want to play in a place with dry grass and chose Veronaville instead. I created sims and decided to use one of the existing houses, and I decorated it like this (it’s a recreation I made several years later):

But, at least I didn’t think that the plumbbob colour depends on the time of the day, like I thought when I firstly played TS1,

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Test Subject
#1044 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:12 PM
I summoned grim reaper and once pleasantview was so corrupted that entire families disappeared...
Inventor
#1045 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:25 PM
Long time lurker here. I decided to come out of the woodwork (after years of stalking) and join the community, mainly to go around and thank the creators whose work I've frequently used. I only recently noticed that clicking thanks while not having an account doesn't actually count and felt awful about it.

I began to play the series starting with the first game at a friend's house. We lived in a rural area without internet and where most houses didn't have computers so seeing an actual computer game that wasn't SkiFree was magic to me. I don't remember much about Sims 1 but we played Sims 2 extensively. Since she wanted Pleasantview and her brother reserved Strangetown for himself, I was left with Veronaville (which has somehow become my favorite premade neighborhood). We didn't know mods and cheats back then so I'm afraid that I didn't have many misadventures with them.

I remember playing the main Capp house first and being scared that these strangers were suddenly barging into the house - an oddly-dressed woman waving around a crystal ball to curse us and another woman who might fine us for a horrible front yard - that I had the whole family leave the house to go to the grocery to run away from these invaders! When they got back, these people were still there so I moved the entire household into the family bin to escape. I didn't realize that you could've just said goodbye to them so I spent months waiting for them to leave on their own and wondering why the burglar alarm refused to send them away even when I left a 1-tile wall outside specifically for said alarm. It was worse when I went to community lots and the gypsy followed the sims everywhere, ringing doorbells on lots where the only doors were on the second floor she didn't visit!

I had (still have, actually) a habit of turning everything off when it wasn't used to save electricity and cut down on the bills and wondered why I couldn't shut off the gas stove. I moved Consort Capp's bed all the way to the kitchen in case a gas leak would result in a fire and he spent the rest of his life sleeping beside the dinner table.

I also made my first "uberhood" when my friend and her brother sent the premades off to the house bin. I thought, hey, more sims with their own houses because my houses were literally squares without roofs and plopped them all down into Veronaville without any regard for the neighborhood layout. I sometimes merged households on a whim or to save space - everybody but Oberon Gossamer, Brandi Broke, Dustin Broke, and Titania Summerdream died (even toddler Beau!) in a fire Oberon created while cooking in the Summerdream house. Still, there were too many sims going around so off to the trash bin the others went.

Later I experienced the most shocking corruption (at the time at least) in the form of Vidcund Curious and Bianca Monty's daughter wanting to woohoo 20 sims when she was a toddler! Well, something was already wrong when she grew up into a toddler acting like a baby but I just thought that she was too young to be doing anything else. She crawled to school when she was a child, kept wanting to kiss wolves and dogs (which I thought was completely innocent and cute at the time), and feared being chased by a bush of all things. I remember thinking that she must have been a nature lover because of all this.

Eventually, my friend moved away and gave me all of her game disks then I discovered the internet. Much stupidity playing around with SimPE and cheats ensued, but I've learned to practice good game hygiene ever since. I'm still not above causing non-corrupting mayhem when I feel like it though.
Mad Poster
#1046 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:40 PM
Hi, @Sketching

Welcome to the club who once did not know any better and corrupted their hoods My hood simply vanished one day - more than 4 years after I started it. We did have (some) internet back then, but it was really horrible. By the time my hood vanished, it has improved, though, so I started searching for reasons (I still miss that vanished hood) - and ended up here. There are a number of players who learned these things late in their sims "careers."

At least we found out in the end
Inventor
#1047 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 3:25 AM
I've made a near-perfect playable Grim a few times, actually. I even went as far as to paste his biography into the right part and have his zodiac set to Cancer and the aspiration as Power. Way more work than it was worth, but it's fun.

Sorry if my response is several months after this, but lately I've been watching a video of all 20 deaths available in Sims 2. During the video there were ghosts that actually performed some normal activities, and there was a playable Grim within the family. He even tried to leap onto a ghost's arms and fell hard on his butt instead.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#1048 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Later I experienced the most shocking corruption (at the time at least) in the form of Vidcund Curious and Bianca Monty's daughter wanting to woohoo 20 sims when she was a toddler! Well, something was already wrong when she grew up into a toddler acting like a baby but I just thought that she was too young to be doing anything else. She crawled to school when she was a child, kept wanting to kiss wolves and dogs (which I thought was completely innocent and cute at the time), and feared being chased by a bush of all things. I remember thinking that she must have been a nature lover because of all this.

Oh dear.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#1049 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Hi, @Sketching

Welcome to the club who once did not know any better and corrupted their hoods My hood simply vanished one day - more than 4 years after I started it. We did have (some) internet back then, but it was really horrible. By the time my hood vanished, it has improved, though, so I started searching for reasons (I still miss that vanished hood) - and ended up here. There are a number of players who learned these things late in their sims "careers."

At least we found out in the end

Hi, Justpetro and @ihatemandatoryregister! I wish that Veronaville wasn't lost to a faulty floppy disk too, but it was already unplayable at that point - some of the households went missing and others crashed if you tried to open them. It was a fun mental workout to create stories that made sense with all of the corruption and glitches it endured, like Angela Pleasant and Juliette Capp swimming in ponds and the duplicate Tricous. I managed to recreate some of the events without corruption but there's something special about random events at times.
Lab Assistant
#1050 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:52 PM
When I about seven I got upset from watching the hot tub woohoo cutscene because I thought the couple where trying to drown each other.
Page 42 of 43