Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#6701 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:50 PM
I guess that answers it, Rosawyn. Sims will engage in romantic interactions on their own without mods but do them more often if you train them. My original Verona(ville) had couples all over the place that I didn't control into falling in love, and that was when I didn't have mods and was absolutely hopeless at forming relationships myself.

ACR definitely gives some amusing scenarios. I had a sim who woohooed with one guy on the couch, then, still unclothed, went into the photobooth with another, and got into the hot tub with a third, all without a break.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6702 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:32 PM
Jo, the chemistry doesn't matter. Two friends with no bolts at all, who aren't even each other's preferred gender, will fall in love if they flirt. They're just a lot less likely to do it on their own.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#6703 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I guess that answers it, Rosawyn. Sims will engage in romantic interactions on their own without mods but do them more often if you train them. My original Verona(ville) had couples all over the place that I didn't control into falling in love, and that was when I didn't have mods and was absolutely hopeless at forming relationships myself.

ACR definitely gives some amusing scenarios. I had a sim who woohooed with one guy on the couch, then, still unclothed, went into the photobooth with another, and got into the hot tub with a third, all without a break.

ACR was responsible for a foursome that almost happened in my challenge neighborhood. Two sims in love with each other were in love with a third sim, who was in love with a fourth sim who the first two sims were attracted to.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#6704 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:16 PM
I guess that answers it, Rosawyn. Sims will engage in romantic interactions on their own without mods but do them more often if you train them.

Right. I mean, these playables are ones who have never been allowed to do a single romantic interaction (unless the odd "scope room" counts?), and they're suddenly "caressing" a 3-bolt friend next to the magazine rack, just like...you know what, I think I've decided to try this "romance" thing I keep hearing about. Both were Knowledge sims in this case, and the guy (who initiated) is supposed to be a hugely awkward nerd. Of course in another example, it was a Family sim sneak-attacking her 2-bolt friend with a hand hold while I had him currently selected (she was a visitor on his lot); she'd actually tried a couple of times, but this time I hadn't been fast enough to cancel the action. In all cases, none of these sims had been directed to do so much as check another sim out.

It's a little disconcerting, but not a problem at this point, since no one's cheating on their committed partners. If that starts happening, I'm going to be upset.
Inventor
#6705 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
ACR was responsible for a foursome that almost happened in my challenge neighborhood. Two sims in love with each other were in love with a third sim, who was in love with a fourth sim who the first two sims were attracted to.

Why only almost?

@Rosawyn It's probably due to the high chemistry - it makes them more likely to flirt with their 3 bolters. That's why I posted that I wanted something like an "absolute friendzone" (I'm not too fond of the word but it's the best one I can think of at the moment) because sometimes all it takes is a few flirts with a high relationship on a community lot for them to fall in love and there are sims I want to be best friends without romantic connotations.

It doesn't happen too often in my game, but when you've had the same townies running more than 30 rotations, sometimes they take matters into their own hands.

Description of romancemod from MATY:
1. Sims can now exhibit loyalty to existing relationships and do not randomly fall in love with anyone who happens to flirt with them. Pleasure sims have resistance only when in a committed relationship, Romance sims have none. All other sims have resistance values if they already are in a relationship. This value increases with level of commitment. Object-assisted actions not presently supported and bypass this check. Still provides defense against cow attack!
2. Sexual orientation of a sim now actually matters! A very straight sim will decline homosexual interactions and vice-versa.
3. Sim-jealousy will make more sense: Romance/Pleasure sims, depending on personality(Nc+Pl+Ou >= 15), are more likely to have "open" relationships (Pleasure sims only do this outside of commitments), and will not become jealous (although some are simply hypocrites who think the rules apply to everyone but them and pleasure si), and sims will no longer spaz at random people for no discernably sensible reason. Romance sims should never spaz. It is no longer defined as "cheating" if you are not in an actual committed relationship, and you will not have knives-memories or "caught cheating" fears satisfied unless you are actually caught by a partner in a committed relationship (steady/engaged/married).
4. Flower rage is stomped. Sims no longer spaz out when looking at datereward, since these have no timestamp and could pertain to a preexisting relationship or one that no longer exists.

And yeah, sometimes Family sims get around more than Romancers, even (especially?) the single ones.
Mad Poster
#6706 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:21 PM
3. Sim-jealousy will make more sense: Romance/Pleasure sims, depending on personality(Nc+Pl+Ou >= 15), are more likely to have "open" relationships (Pleasure sims only do this outside of commitments), and will not become jealous (although some are simply hypocrites who think the rules apply to everyone but them and pleasure si), and sims will no longer spaz at random people for no discernably sensible reason. Romance sims should never spaz. It is no longer defined as "cheating" if you are not in an actual committed relationship, and you will not have knives-memories or "caught cheating" fears satisfied unless you are actually caught by a partner in a committed relationship (steady/engaged/married).

I had no idea this was a feature in romancemod! But I guess it still plays nicely alongside Cyjon's Less Jealousy, as I've had both in my game for some time now and everything seems to work.

Edit:
@Rosawyn It's probably due to the high chemistry - it makes them more likely to flirt with their 3 bolters.

Which brings us back to why I want more variety in my available TOs, as many of my sims have at least 2 bolts with more than half the hood, and the majority of my sims are well on their way to getting 30 BFs...even the non-Popularity ones.
Forum Resident
#6707 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:00 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:28 PM.
I think this has been mentioned before, but I want a way to separate sexual attraction from romantic attraction and ensure that flirting between two BFFs isn't enough to make them fall in love.

Omigosh... I had two teen boys, BFFs, and one invited the other one to join his family for dinner. The two boys were sitting next to each other, with the rest of the family sitting around. I thought, 'food fight might be fun' and made my controllable sim throw a wad of food at his best buddy in the whole world. Instead of just laughing and throwing food back, HEARTS exploded everywhere!! They were 100/100 relationship-wise... but who'da thought a handful of Chef Salad to the chops would make them star-crossed lovers!? Now, the issue at hand is, they weren't supposed to be boyfriends! The one boy had a number of concurrent girlfriends. His LTW was to have 20 lovers at once and I perma-platted him as a teen. And, actually his best friend counts as one of those 20. Problem is, they can't go on a double-date because his best friend will get jealous, even though he's got a gf of his own!

I suppose that's the long way around saying, "can somebody PLEASE make throwing wads of food NOT a romantic interaction??" Cuz the last time I tried that on a date, i got slapped, not kissed. hahahha

What happened to sacrificing your life for them when Xenomorph attacks

+500 Bonus Points for successful "Alien" reference!
+500 Influence Points... just for the hell of it. =)

-gE
>=)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6708 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:07 PM
Just remove the crush/love with something like the simblender. Yes food throwing from teen up is a flirt, but food thrown by children is not. It would be nice if food throwing wasn't set as romantic for anybody since to me food thrown in your face on a date would hardly be romantic. <_<

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6709 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I suppose that's the long way around saying, "can somebody PLEASE make throwing wads of food NOT a romantic interaction??" Cuz the last time I tried that on a date, i got slapped, not kissed. hahahha

And...just as a general rule...things siblings can and will happily do with each other on a daily basis should not be romantic interactions!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6710 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:18 AM
Yes, especially back rubs. Seeing teenage siblings giving them autonomously icks me out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6711 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:08 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 24th Oct 2017 at 5:35 AM.
I recently had an adult male sim autonomously give his teenage niece a back rub. These sim animations do not make this look like a platonic interaction. The next time I played their lot, this same pervert also walked in on his child nephew right as he was hopping in the bathtub.

And he's a police officer! You can't trust anyone these days.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6712 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:44 AM
Quote:
Yes, especially back rubs. Seeing teenage siblings giving them autonomously icks me out.

Oh, you're not the only one. Bobby Long is gay, but he and his sisters trade back rubs..and it's very disconcerting to see it. If he weren't gay, it would really ick me out.

What is it with the teen siblings? Displaced romantic playing? Whatever it is, I wish they'd stop. I know they know it's not normal.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6713 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Whatever it is, I wish they'd stop.

I wonder if anyone's made a "no autonomous back rubs" mod...
Mad Poster
#6714 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 5:04 AM
:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6715 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:11 AM
I did some investigating and found this. A flag labelled Allow Love?

I don't know what you'd have to change it to so it didn't allow love, but it seems as if it might be possible.
Screenshots
Inventor
#6716 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
+500 Bonus Points for successful "Alien" reference!

Half of me wants a game sequel, and another half thinks it's good as it is.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I've mentioned this in other threads, but gosh, darn it, Helena is ridiculously attached to her twin. She even rolled a love potion want after her twin rejected her offer for a backrub! And now that she's living with her husband, all she wants to do is talk to her sister while Lysander's wants panel is practically a photo album of Helena.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I wonder if anyone's made a "no autonomous back rubs" mod...

Try these:
No Autonomous Friendly Socials: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7304
No Autonomous Romantic Socials: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7511 - includes the no autonomous backrubs, which really makes me question their "friendliness"

Note that some of them stop multiple behaviors (the collections - and the ones I linked to aren't the updated ones because I wasn't sure you'd want them) and others are intended for single, specific behaviors. I use the No School Cheer version to stop all the VERBITS, but nothing else from friendly, for example. At this rate, I may consider No Autonomous Backrubs but I'd rather they be exclusive to romantic couples.

As always, test your mods and have back-ups before unleashing them!
Mad Poster
#6717 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:34 AM
I may consider No Autonomous Backrubs but I'd rather they be exclusive to romantic couples.

I would prefer that as well!! But I figured stomping the action entirely would probably be easier to code.
Inventor
#6718 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Sketching : 24th Oct 2017 at 8:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I did some investigating and found this. A flag labelled Allow Love? I don't know what you'd have to change it to so it didn't allow love, but it seems as if it might be possible.

I'd like to give it a go myself but I'm still learning basic modding and the best I can do is edit existing mods and edit pie menus. I'd rather not inconvenience the modders so it might take a while for me to finish it.

(Edit: If I'm even successful!)
Mad Poster
#6719 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:12 AM
Right. I mean, these playables are ones who have never been allowed to do a single romantic interaction (unless the odd "scope room" counts?), and they're suddenly "caressing" a 3-bolt friend next to the magazine rack, just like...you know what, I think I've decided to try this "romance" thing I keep hearing about. Both were Knowledge sims in this case, and the guy (who initiated) is supposed to be a hugely awkward nerd. Of course in another example, it was a Family sim sneak-attacking her 2-bolt friend with a hand hold while I had him currently selected (she was a visitor on his lot); she'd actually tried a couple of times, but this time I hadn't been fast enough to cancel the action. In all cases, none of these sims had been directed to do so much as check another sim out.

It's a little disconcerting, but not a problem at this point, since no one's cheating on their committed partners. If that starts happening, I'm going to be upset.

Seems perfectly normal to me, especially the knowledge sims. If you are too slow, they will take the initiative, they've got to learn! About anything or anybody!
Mad Poster
#6720 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:45 AM
At this rate, I may consider No Autonomous Backrubs but I'd rather they be exclusive to romantic couples.

I'd rather they just not trigger romance so that everyone can do them. Food throwing as well.
Inventor
#6721 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Seems perfectly normal to me, especially the knowledge sims. If you are too slow, they will take the initiative, they've got to learn! About anything or anybody!

60 days is a long time to deprive some townies of romance.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'd rather they just not trigger romance so that everyone can do them. Food throwing as well.

It's a bit odd that it triggers romance - have they never seen parents with their kids, siblings, and friends throw batter at each other? I remember cooking with a friend and playing with the flour and not falling in love with them!

Maybe I'm just unromantic, but wouldn't offering to clean up in a sensual manner be more romantic than plain playing with food?

I don't mind it too much since I interpret throwing food as playing with food to explain the romance.
Alchemist
#6722 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 8:44 PM
about back rubs; sims did not get Love or Crush from them in base game. and they were available at lower relationship scores than Love/Crush.
those were without mods/hacks.
not sure if I seen sims autonomously doing them.
had not have sims do them after getting current packs (University, Nightlife).
Mad Poster
#6723 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 9:46 PM
Wait...can sims actually get love/crush from back rubs? Pretty sure I've never seen that.
Mad Poster
#6724 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 9:50 PM
If a sim wants to give/ get a backrub, click on the icon in the want panel.
It will tell you something in the line of - a backrub is to show you are interested in becoming more than a friend
Mad Poster
#6725 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 9:56 PM
Wait...can sims actually get love/crush from back rubs? Pretty sure I've never seen that.

I remember before I figured out the romance system, one of my Sims gave Goopy GilsCarbo several backrubs and was thanked by him running in to slap him when he tried to woohoo his wife. Yeah...

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 269 of 580