Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6676 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 9:36 PM
I meant this: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=68772

It's a separate object in the catalog for some reason.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6677 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I meant this: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=68772

It's a separate object in the catalog for some reason.

Yeah...I was going to download it, but I want it as a default replacement like that activity table I just downloaded...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6678 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 9:51 PM
I could make one, and one that includes the smash state as well. so it doesn't go back to default color.
Mad Poster
#6679 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:00 PM
I was just thinking I could actually probably edit that one if I knew the GUID for the original dollhouse...not that I actually have any idea what I'm doing, but I think it's as simple as just putting the dollhouse's GUID in the GUID field?
Edit: Please don't misunderstand this post as me saying I want to do this myself, because I actually don't. I was just pointing out that I know maybe 60% of what I'd need to know in order to do it. Though probably not in order to do it properly...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6680 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:02 PM
you could yes. clone a dollhouse, and copy the guids over. it should work.

just don't be surprised if it has a star on it as if it were cc
Mad Poster
#6681 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
clone a dollhouse

I...don't actually know how to do that part.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Instructor
#6683 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:29 PM.
you could yes. clone a dollhouse, and copy the guids over. it should work.

just don't be surprised if it has a star on it as if it were cc

It depends on what you want to replace : the texture only or the whole mesh ?
If you just want it to be recolorable, there're probably a tuto somewhere to do CEP things. However, it's surprising it hasn't already been done, perhaps it's not doable.

Edit : Ok I've gone to the CEP documentation and it's written in red "NOT RECOLORABLE". mea culpa :D

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6684 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:27 PM
oh it is doable

My record player and Lee's garage were both made from the dollhouse.
Instructor
#6685 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:30 PM
oh it is doable

My record player and Lee's garage were both made from the dollhouse.

They are new objects or it's recolors of the original ? If so, can those be considered CEP extras ?

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6686 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:39 PM
Instructor
#6687 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:41 PM
new objects. they are clones.

Thanks for the answer, I'll try it.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6688 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:07 AM
The reason it is harder, is because it is a two state object.
Forum Resident
#6689 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 4:55 AM
Especially since I'm getting ready to probably be absent from here again for some time, I'll go ahead and comment on the elephant-in-the-room topic. If anyone feels helped by hating on me in my absence as a result, go ahead. Probably better me in that case than someone who is more often here! Though I hope that maybe especially in that case, you'll also consider what I'm saying.

I don't claim that my suggestion would resolve whether people are open-minded or not, or that it would ensure that we have no more differences, or anything else involving bigger societal or sociological themes. All I'm trying to offer is a way to talk to each other without raising hackles so often. Because this is a gaming forum and it should be effortless to just share about our games.

However, because it's OT and some people might just want to get back to the topic, I'm putting what I have to say under a spoiler button.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#6690 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 5:13 AM
Twitter! I want Twitter in the game!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#6691 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 6:53 AM Last edited by Sketching : 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:14 AM. Reason: grammar check
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I just need more variety in TOs, because a lot of the time my sims end up just generally attracted to everyone. Which I suppose works well for Romance sims, but maybe not so much for everyone else?

Same here. I open my sim's relationship panel and sort them by chemistry, and it's like they're attracted to the whole town!

Adding hobbies and talent badges would definitely bring more variety to the chemistry system. What if you have a lazy sim who maxed out their body skill for a job? The game doesn't distinguish whether the person likes these activities so sometimes it doesn't work out story-wise. There might be some sort of tension when your charisma-loving partner finds out that you're too shy or just fail at talking to baristas... This is where limiting their skills comes in handy but depending on your playstyle, it's only delaying the inevitable.

I tried something once just to see if it'd work - I used Chris Hatch's Turn On Turn Off Adjuster (scared to link, have a link to a link, don't you think) to give sims all of the turn-ons their partner had and set everything they didn't have into turn-offs. It didn't exactly work because it somehow increased their attractiveness.

A more fleshed out chemistry system would be nice. I wonder why some Family sims can be more amorous than Romancers at times though. I wish I was able to play more of them like Tara Kat because I envision certain heads of supernatural races to be the parental figures of their people, but sometimes they keep rolling wants for marriage and children. I want you to be married to your people! (Popularity might've been a better fit but sshh, wishful thinking.) Training and secondary aspirations can help (my Helena is more enamored with her twin sister than her husband ), yet some still make it difficult.

I think this has been mentioned before, but I want a way to separate sexual attraction from romantic attraction and ensure that flirting between two BFFs isn't enough to make them fall in love. Romancemod and Friendzoning help but when the sims are non-controllables on a community lot... The description for woohoo being the ultimate form of love (I forgot the exact wording) between two sims also doesn't always apply. What happened to sacrificing your life for them when Xenomorph attacks or just plain consistency in small acts of love? Sims 4 has it a bit better in this regard since you can have more variety in terms of how it's handled (still not happy about randomly romantically greeting strangers though).

I guess it's wishful thinking to have certain sims gain more aspiration points for hugging their partners than woohoo.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6692 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:12 AM
It depends on the bolts between these friends. If a couple are BFF and have high chemistry and flirt... well yeah outcome will be crush or love. II would suggest making their chemistry low by changing zodiac, sign and or chemistry settings.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#6693 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It depends on the bolts between these friends. If a couple are BFF and have high chemistry and flirt... well yeah outcome will be crush or love. II would suggest making their chemistry low by changing zodiac, sign and or chemistry settings.

Thank you. I try but sometimes they're too irresistible to each other. I have single-bolters or no chemistry couples who fall in love in the background without ACR.

Good thing it's not that common, but it still happens every now and then. Maybe I use community lots too often.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6694 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:22 AM
That shouldn't happen if no instant love is working. ...or don't you have that? I thought you said you did but reading again maybe it's only romance mod and ACR. If you don't have no instant love try that. It's quite hard for one bolters to fall in love with that in, they would have to do romantic gestures a lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6695 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Good thing it's not that common, but it still happens every now and then. Maybe I use community lots too often.

Since when are they even allowed to do romantic attractions when I'm not controlling them? I don't use ACR, so I was somewhat surprised and a little perplexed when my sims started flirting with each other in the background on community lots or while both were visitors at another playable's lot. I don't remember ever seeing that before a few months back, and I've been playing this game (on and off) since launch. I guess I'd see it sometimes with committed couples, but this was just random sims who apparently decided they couldn't wait for me to decide who they're supposed to be with and just picked someone to go ahead and fall into mutual crush. Or one-sided crush, as in one case that I eventually just removed with the blender, because the non-crushing sim was now married to someone else, and I was like...yeah, just don't.
Inventor
#6696 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:50 AM
I have noinstantlove. It's weird because with default behavior they aren't supposed to engage in that many romantic interactions on their own (unless they've been trained to) but when I'm into my 25th rotation or more in ACR-less neighborhoods, I get sims falling in love with each other on community lots. That's why I thought it's because I frequently go to community lots - it's one of the few times these townies might be able to meet each other or a playable enough to trigger it.

Even in hoods without anything but the essential, anti-corruption mods, there are times when my playables bring townies home and what the heck, they hold hands while my sim is cooking dinner (hungry for something else?). Or I go to the grocery and I chance upon them romantically hugging each other. Out of curiosity, I made some of them selectable to see their stats (which ends up setting their turn-ons and turn-offs for those I batch-created) but some of them continued despite the lack of chemistry.

It's happened on previous installs and different computers so it's normal to me at this point.
Mad Poster
#6697 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:09 AM
I didn't realize you meant your townies were doing this. I've only seen it with playables.

But how exactly does one "train" a sim to do romantic interactions on their own? Because some of my sims have apparently been "trained" to do it, and I'd like to know what exactly I'm doing to "train" this sort of behavior into them while having barely played as them at all.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6698 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:31 AM
Sims with 3 bolts who are good friends will often do romantic actions on community lots-vanilla. I don't have ACR but I have two couples where one of them does this, drives me bats. In Uni one of those sims turned the other down for an autonomous go steady (adults go steady mod) decided they wanted someone else but now they are married they are always cheating on community lots with that first sim they turned down!

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#6699 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:39 AM
Oh, no, I also have playables doing it. It's just more noticeable with townies because they tend to do it more often in my game.

I "train" sims to engage in certain behaviors by making them do it regularly - it's gotten to the point that I can successfully rely on certain extremely playful sims to autonomously use the chess board or telescope over all other forms of entertainment in a lot, or, romantically, have sims whose preferred romantic action is holding hands. I usually do these for story reasons.

Same goes for friendly, romantic, and mean interactions. You can have mean sims who'll hold themselves better if you kept cancelling out their negative behaviors and forcing them to do good ones instead. Granted, it's still affected by other things like basic programming, aspiration scores, and memories. I find that most of my sims refuse to autonomously repair objects after getting shocked and causing a fire.

Wants-wise, if you learn to strategize, you can make them roll or refuse to roll certain wants - that's why refusing to grant wants makes them less likely to roll them and satisfying them will only encourage them to roll the wants more. If you make your sims romantically interact with each on a regular basis, they'll eventually start rolling more romantic wants with their partners and perform them autonomously. I have a Popularity sim who dotes on his wife more than anything else because I "trained" him to, while said Family wife prefers to interact with her twin or draw some blueprints.

I'm afraid I don't know what causes no-chemistry sims to do "untrained" romantic behaviors on their own. It just happens in my game. I guess this is like Justpetro's legendary twins.

Edit: joandsarah77, that's hilarious. Dustin refused to let go of his engagement and marriage wants for Jan Tellerman even though they were never locked, and he had no problem putting moves on several women in front of each other unless Jan was on the lot. Then he ignored everyone but her.
Mad Poster
#6700 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:18 PM
Playable sims WILL flirt behind your back on community lots in a vanilla game. (Edit - have to add: singles, Jason and Jody Larson and Chester Gieke have done that for years in my game before I even knew there were mods).

They will even fall in love if they are best friends already.
Nothing strange about that at all.

I have ACR, romancemod and noinstantlove. The mods, combined, just make it more fun and I thoroughly enjoy watching what my uncontrolled sims are doing behind my back. My game revolves around community lots, so it is always interesting to see who is fishing together, who is dining together, who is flirting with somebody and who is dragging (or being dragged) whom when there is a photo booth on the lot
Page 268 of 580