Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes only certain times
Hi I have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I have read through the other topics on this Forum. Alot of the other issues people have are having to do with CC or Bodyshop issues crashing their game. My problem is a little different. Hopefully I'm posting in the right section

My game runs perfect until I go to a Community lot and try to buy clothing..or buy anything. It also crashes evrytime I use a mirror to try and change my toddler, and or any Sim's appearance. I have cleaned out my Downloads folder...uninstalled the game..reinstalled it and still crashing happens. I have taken out my Downloads folder, put it on my desktop..started up the game and still it crashes. Every neighborhood..every occupied lot. Same thing. It was working fine 2 days ago..then boom it started crashing giving me "The application has crashed. Will be terminated. Anyone else ever have this problem? I know it cannot be any of my CC because it still crashes without any cc. Please any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:44 AM
Do you have any bodyshop cc lurking in the saved sims folder? Crashing body shop is normally to do with corrupted CC. Also on the UC you do not need to uninstall and reinstall, just go into origin, right click and fix. Make a back up before you do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:47 AM
This may or may not be helpful but I've had saved sims with damaged files that caused the same thing before. Finding the damaged sim in question and deleting their file from the Saved Sims folder fixed everything (after deleting caches as well).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:17 AM
I am not sure that it has to do with corrupt cc - my personal experience is that buying clothes uses a lot of memory.

So first, how much RAM do you have?

And then, it may also help to apply the 4gb patch - it certainly made a difference in my game. I use UC on Windows 10. You can find the 4gb patch here:
http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I am not sure that it has to do with corrupt cc - my personal experience is that buying clothes uses a lot of memory.

So first, how much RAM do you have?

And then, it may also help to apply the 4gb patch - it certainly made a difference in my game. I use UC on Windows 10. You can find the 4gb patch here:
http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Hi! Thanks everyone for the help. much appreciated I found the problem which was custom content I had in my SavedSims folder. I finally got it working. @JustPetro I have 2GB of RAM, not much I know. But I have a 32bit pc so my Sims UC stuff is NOT in X86 like most peoples. Will the patch you linked me still help or no? Again Thanks Everyone for the help!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:49 PM
No, there's no point in applying the 4GB patch as you only have 2GB RAM.