Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:28 AM
Default Sims 1 gets stuck a lot while playing
I just installed the sims 1 on my laptop, i have windows 10 and it worked well. But now it gets stuck every minute maybe while playing.
Can somebody help me?
Advertisement
Firestarter
#2 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:58 AM Last edited by Carrigon : 6th Sep 2017 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling
There are a few important things you need to do with Windows 10. You have to make your entire game installation folder and sub folders non-read only. Right click the folder, uncheck read only, make sure it does it for all subfolders.

Next, make a new game shortcut, set it to run as an admin. In the compat mode, you can choose Win 7 or earlier.

All modding tools for Sims 1 must also always be run as an admin.

Set your antivirus and Windows Defender to stop checking the entire game installation folder. Just make an exception for it.

If you are installing old game content like skins and objects, you need to clean up the folders with both SkinDoctor and an ObjectID checker. Parsimonious has SkinDoctor up for download. It is the best program for fixing and removing bad skins. I use SE Object Manager for ID checking, but it's pay. There are free ID checkers around.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 5:02 PM
Thanks it worked