Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Firestarter
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 3:42 AM
Default New BHAV Tutorial
http://sims.ambertation.de/bhavtutorialcarrigon.shtml

Please use this thread for any questions about this tutorial.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 4:16 AM
it isn't really about this tutorial, but its about bhav's also..... is there a way to edit an existing objects bhav's without really modifying it(as a plugin) so that if other users make their modifications they keep mine?

as for the recolours.... you have another package file but it doesn't replace the original.....
Firestarter
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:50 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking, and this thread is for this tutorial only.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:48 PM
alessbarb - I'm assuming your question is in response to this post? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39671 . If that is the case then I answered it in that thread, and it's best not to spread a question/discussion across multiple threads if it can be helped.

Carrigon - excellent tutorial, very, very helpful! I'm curious; if we wanted the PizzaBoat to appear somewhere else, say in the sim's hand, would that be controlled by another operand in "Create new obj...", or would that be done using a seperate command ("snap into" maybe)?

Love the tutorials, there's just not enough out there for wannabe bhav programmers (like myself)! Thanks!
Firestarter
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo

Carrigon - excellent tutorial, very, very helpful! I'm curious; if we wanted the PizzaBoat to appear somewhere else, say in the sim's hand, would that be controlled by another operand in "Create new obj...", or would that be done using a seperate command ("snap into" maybe)?

Love the tutorials, there's just not enough out there for wannabe bhav programmers (like myself)! Thanks!

I'm not sure you can get it to appear in the sim's hand, but you could do something with the food preparation code to get it to appear. You'd have to study the fridge codes, probably the fridge global file.
#6 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 10:59 PM
The link is not working.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:36 PM
With Netscape 7.2 says File done and has a blank screen. MSIE says "File not found".

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
#8 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:43 PM
I get the same for IE. Firefox just says done and only a white screen.
Firestarter
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:59 PM
The SimPE site is down, that's why. Give it some time to be back up.
#10 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:26 AM
Default Changing Interaction Table ID?
In your tutorial, your Object Data Plugin View looks different from that of my own. I can not find anywhere to enter the 80 at. I have the most recent version.
Firestarter
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:38 PM
That's cause the new SimPE is different. The name of the value is the same, it should be Interaction ID, look for that and enter 128 instead of 80.
#12 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:24 PM
when i did it i entered 0x0080 into it and it worked and replaced it with the 128
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 11:18 PM Last edited by cathair2005 : 9th Mar 2005 at 11:26 PM. Reason: The file is now attached
I followed the tutorial step by step but for some reason, the interaction won't show on my menu. I entered everything in the TTAB and TTAS menu as you stated by it won't show up. Could this be a problem with the version of SimPE I'm using?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  energypc.zip (527.8 KB, 57 downloads) - View custom content
Firestarter
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 3:40 AM
Things to check, make sure immediate, adult, teen, is checked off and debug menu is NOT checked off. Make sure your Interaction ID in Object Data is the same as the id on the Pie menu strings and Pie menu functions. What happened when I wrote this was that Quaxi then changed Simpe, so you have to make the Interaction ID 128 now and the strings and functions instance in the Pie have to be 80.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 5:56 AM
Thanks for your help Carrigon but I'm still having problems with it. What I might do is post a thread in the appropriate forum and zip the file with it. That way other hackers can look at it and see what I've done wrong.
Firestarter
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Carrigon : 10th Mar 2005 at 11:40 AM.
Well, I looked at your file and you have the wrong test in it for Max Fun. Take a look at what you did there.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 1:18 PM
Thanks again Carrigon. I had another look at the file and did what you said - with the debug thing - and it worked. Turned out I was using an older version of SimPE that did not have the debug option visible.
#18 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 11:01 AM
i have a problem, i use win xp and in the pie menu functions in the plugin view tab i only get the diff settings and motive thingy but i don't get the diff interactions showing up and i cant select them, i hv the latest version of SimPE and ya 1 more thing, in the plugin view tab , the term INTERACTIONS is just written on top of the term SETTiNGS and its just written over thre
#19 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 7:33 AM
I have a problem with the bhav tutorial. I followed it work-for-word and when I tried it, there was no pie menu option for "Max Fun". I remember adding it in SimPE. I did everything you said. I clicked Change/Commit and Save on eveything. Why didn't it work?
Firestarter
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 3:20 AM
Check the instance of your Pie Functions and Pie Strings, make sure they are 83. Then go to object data, raw data, look for the interaction ID make sure it's set for 83 as well.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 8:09 AM
Default Recolours not showing up?
I love this tutorial and have done it several times over the last 2 years. Unfortunately I deleted my old hacked PC and when I remade it, I can't get the recolours (ie the blue or black versions that come with the carrigon's PC) to show in the catalogue. And when I try to use the designer tool in the game, the PC isn't clickable (This object is not designable)

I have the most recent version of SimPE (downloaded 2 days ago) and I've tried all the previous suggestions in this thread.

Shelly
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Plinfut : 17th Apr 2008 at 1:47 PM.
I love your tutorial. You explain it so clear and it's so easy to learn.

I just have bumped into two problems:
1. The same as Shelly: the pc works fine, but the recolors don't show up in the catalog. I also copied the original project file to my download directory and that version shows up in 3 colors, but my version after completing the tutorial only shows up in green.
2. The "Drop a boat" interaction works fine, but only shows up for elders. When I have an adult or teen selected, I get a "no possible interactions" message. I triple checked all the checkboxes of the Pie Menu Functions and they are the same as in the screenshot.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be in those cases?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#23 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:13 AM
Hi Plinfut,

That tutorial is a bit old now, so I'm not sure how compatible the included packages are with more recent versions of the game and recolourability and the like. Could you post your finished package here so someone can take a look and hopefully give you a hand getting it to work the way you want?