Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:22 PM
Default "The Witch Chronicles: Irilli Annika" ~Introduction
~*~ The Witch Chronicles: Irilli Annika ~*~

~ Introduction ~

Trieste Coldplay

I am viewed all over town as a crazy old lady. People don't know much about me, and so they talk. They say I haven't ever seen the sunlight, they say it will cause me to melt. They say I have never left my home. They say I glitter. They say I eat small children. They're afraid I will cast a spell on them and take them into my home, never to be seen again. Ha! You shouldn't listen to everything you hear. Let me tell you my story.

I was born 132 years ago to loving, adoring parents. For the first few years of my life, we were doted upon, my twin brother and I. But then, when we became more self-sufficient, I took on the responsibilities of raising my younger siblings, all eight of them, leaving my parents to pursue their careers and my brother to his studies. I watched as my parents received promotion after promotion and my brother earned a full ride to Sim State University. He went off to college, and I was left alone, my only ally gone. I was left with my parents, who ignored me, and my siblings who looked up to me as their mother figure. There was no one I could talk to anymore, so I sought refuge in my own mind, becoming more and more independent. That's when the rumors started. My siblings came home from school telling me what they had heard during the day. Some of the things were pretty cruel, but overall they were started by people who thought that I had too many secrets. And they were right about that, if a little misguided in what they thought those secrets could be. In fact, they had no idea. Their rumors hadn't even begun to scratch the surface.

I come from a long line of witches. As the oldest girl in my generation, I inherited the gift. It has been my constant companion throughout the lonely years of my long life, my only shield against the loneliness around me. But still, it creates a profound loneliness of its own, isolating the witch from the world by laying down a strict medieval code that no normal sim is to learn of our gift. Magic is not the path for everyone, and I would not wish to force it upon any sim, but the time would come when I must...

And so I grew up. My siblings all left for college. My parents aged and died, leaving me the house. Finally I could realize my own goals. I tore the place down, effacing it's foundations and my painful memories from it, and built my castle. I devoted the rest of my life to the solitary study of the magical arts.

Years passed like that, just me and my magic.

~*~

Then, one day, a sister called me up to say that she was pregnant. I was happy for her. Then she told me it was a boy. The thirty fifth boy born to my siblings. I had more nephews than I could count, but not a single niece. There was no one to carry on the family gift. This began to trouble me. I pondered the problem for some time, consulting my books and my research. I discovered that this was natural. Every seventh generation of a magical family produced no female heir. Knowing the cause of the problem did not ease my troubled mind. I decided to try and cheat magic and solve the problem myself. I wondered if perhaps the birth of twins could break the magic, trick it somehow into allowing a girl. So, I did what was necessary for the sake of my family. I began the complex spell to create human life...there HAD to be an heir, no matter what the cost!

Three days later, I gave birth at the ripe old age of 114. To twins. Twin BOYS. I was devastated. What was I to do? Drastic times called for drastic measures. But I could think of nothing, no solution at all, no matter how hard I looked. I shed blood sweat and tears, looking for an answer. After eighteen years of research, the solution gradually dawned on me. But the answer gave me no satisfaction, no relief. It was a complicated process and would involve dragging someone else into my solitary world, dooming them to this life. But still, I had to do it. I had to do something never before done. I had to take on an apprentice.

~*~*~

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:53 PM
Hey now, that's interesting! You've got something going here I'm going to keep an eye on this.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:36 PM
It's a really good start! Very unusual compared to a lot of stories.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Banned
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonstream27
~*~ The Witch Chronicles: Irilli Annika ~*~

~ Introduction ~

Trieste Coldplay

I am viewed all over town as a crazy old lady. People don't know much about me, and so they talk. They say I haven't ever seen the sunlight, they say it will cause me to melt. They say I have never left my home. They say I glitter. They say I eat small children. They're afraid I will cast a spell on them and take them into my home, never to be seen again. Ha! You shouldn't listen to everything you hear. Let me tell you my story.

I was born 132 years ago to loving, adoring parents. For the first few years of my life, we were doted upon, my twin brother and I. But then, when we became more self-sufficient, I took on the responsibilities of raising my younger siblings, all eight of them, leaving my parents to pursue their careers and my brother to his studies. I watched as my parents received promotion after promotion and my brother earned a full ride to Sim State University. He went off to college, and I was left alone, my only ally gone. I was left with my parents, who ignored me, and my siblings who looked up to me as their mother figure. There was no one I could talk to anymore, so I sought refuge in my own mind, becoming more and more independent. That's when the rumors started. My siblings came home from school telling me what they had heard during the day. Some of the things were pretty cruel, but overall they were started by people who thought that I had too many secrets. And they were right about that, if a little misguided in what they thought those secrets could be. In fact, they had no idea. Their rumors hadn't even begun to scratch the surface.

I come from a long line of witches. As the oldest girl in my generation, I inherited the gift. It has been my constant companion throughout the lonely years of my long life, my only shield against the loneliness around me. But still, it creates a profound loneliness of its own, isolating the witch from the world by laying down a strict medieval code that no normal sim is to learn of our gift. Magic is not the path for everyone, and I would not wish to force it upon any sim, but the time would come when I must...

And so I grew up. My siblings all left for college. My parents aged and died, leaving me the house. Finally I could realize my own goals. I tore the place down, effacing it's foundations and my painful memories from it, and built my castle. I devoted the rest of my life to the solitary study of the magical arts.

Years passed like that, just me and my magic.

~*~

Then, one day, a sister called me up to say that she was pregnant. I was happy for her. Then she told me it was a boy. The thirty fifth boy born to my siblings. I had more nephews than I could count, but not a single niece. There was no one to carry on the family gift. This began to trouble me. I pondered the problem for some time, consulting my books and my research. I discovered that this was natural. Every seventh generation of a magical family produced no female heir. Knowing the cause of the problem did not ease my troubled mind. I decided to try and cheat magic and solve the problem myself. I wondered if perhaps the birth of twins could break the magic, trick it somehow into allowing a girl. So, I did what was necessary for the sake of my family. I began the complex spell to create human life...there HAD to be an heir, no matter what the cost!

Three days later, I gave birth at the ripe old age of 114. To twins. Twin BOYS. I was devastated. What was I to do? Drastic times called for drastic measures. But I could think of nothing, no solution at all, no matter how hard I looked. I shed blood sweat and tears, looking for an answer. After eighteen years of research, the solution gradually dawned on me. But the answer gave me no satisfaction, no relief. It was a complicated process and would involve dragging someone else into my solitary world, dooming them to this life. But still, I had to do it. I had to do something never before done. I had to take on an apprentice.

~*~*~

HI dear friends,
Very nice story and images. If you have more. Please give me...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:03 AM
hi everyone! thanks for the feedback! i just had to go take care of some real life stuff, but now i've got some time back so i should have chapter one up within the next few days :D