Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:36 PM
I'm awful at remembering numbers as well, but I know the batbox isn't giving me the same number each time, as I would notice a repeated number like that. Maybe should be writing the number down each time just to be sure, but I'm so lazy...
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#152 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But every time I roll it I get a different number - as far as I can tell given that I never remember numbers - but I know I've gotten anywhere from single digits to four in that pop-up telling you how many CAS sims were created and discarded.

Perhaps you have CC that uses a BHAV needing a random number?
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
BHAVs have access to only one Random Number generator, and it looks like that generator is not properly seeded. However, that particular random number generator is used by all BHAVs which require a random number, so the likelihood may be that it will be called a random number of times before the batbox is used.

To repeat Moo's findings you'd have to save prior to a birth, then exit, re-load and run the batbox then.
Mad Poster
#153 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:15 AM
Oh. Huh, I wonder if that's the reason I was having trouble with twojeff's school bus bring home dialog always bringing home the same few Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#154 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 5:42 PM
I did a bit of testing with the Welcome Wagon. I use twojeff's Welcome Wagon choice dialog but I wasn't able to figure out if it modified the selection of the Sims. But rolling the pacifier didn't seem to affect things very much - the Sims did change a bit with each attempt, but they were all low-numbered Sims, and the same ones appeared several times. Maybe if I had rolled it a couple thousand times something would've changed, but no.

Also, meet "WHY," "I REGRET LIFE," and their son Masochism. Why can I never resist playing with the face sliders when rolling the pacifier?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#155 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Why can I never resist playing with the face sliders when rolling the pacifier?

Because it's FUN!!! Especially with all the custom face sliders that people are making now.
Mad Poster
#156 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 7:59 PM
You can set the sliders all the way to one end and then right-click on one of the templates (that sets it to 10%, i think) and then drag the sliders over again. It's easy to create extremely warped facial features this way.

Mad Poster
#157 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 12:16 PM
Mad Poster
#158 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:07 PM
In my first hood, I created a very grouchy romance sim called Nosy Parker. You can probably guess what his most recognizable feature was. Never really played him much, though. I might recreate him and make him a townie for Oakbrook.

Test Subject
#159 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:33 PM
One thing I'm a little confused about (it's probably been explained and I'm just not getting it): what if Family B has a baby between Family A's first and second children? Do I still have to roll the pacifier before the second Family A baby's birth?
Mad Poster
#160 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:37 PM
You roll before the game session a family is about to have a baby, unless it's their firstborn. So yes.

Mad Poster
#161 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:09 PM
The important thing to remember is that the randomizer resets at the beginning of each game session.

Every time you load the game, you'll need to roll the pacifier at least once if you're expecting any births.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#162 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:22 PM
The important thing to remember is that the randomizer resets at the beginning of each game session.
Every time you load the game, you'll need to roll the pacifier at least once if you're expecting any births.

Good to know. I was just rolling when I heard the chimes, and thought that was all I had to do. I hope I can remember to roll with each reload.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Test Subject
#163 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 8:35 PM
What I do is that before she is given birth I save it and then I go to my neighborhood and then go again to the woman let her give birth, I dont save and go neigh... again and I go again to the family let her give birth and ...... Repeat it for 4-5 times and you have unique Characters :D.
Test Subject
#164 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 12:48 PM

Oh is that right ;((( Noooo I do it too much no wonder why I still have clones. In my Game Angela Pleasant twinson got also twins but in the sdecond pregnancy. Now the second born daughter has everything like the oldest one ( How can I fix it without problems.

Am I understood it right:
If I quit the Game while my Sims are pregnant I just have to reroll the thing just one time?
But If she got pregnant while I am still playing until the brth I do not have to reroll it?
Please answer
Mad Poster
#165 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 1:05 PM
If you quit the game during a pregnancy, and the birth is the first birth (in any family) after you load the game again, you need to roll the pacifier.

You can do this in CAS, by quitting the lot after the birth without saving and running through the birth again, or by using the "fix/rerandomizer" option on the batbox.

Bear in mind that if you roll the pacifier, by whatever method, the same number of times each time, you're likely to encounter the same problem anyway. The batbox randomizer is also imperfect. Some people's playstyles call on the randomizer more often than others, though, and this is generally an invisible process. I think the relevant randomizer is used when walkbys are generated, when community lots are visited, and possibly under other circumstances. So if, like me, you visit community lots a lot, you don't have to be as strict about rolling the pacifier as more sedentary players. You can test for what kind of player you are by using the batbox, which shows you how many times it rolled the pacifier in the upper right hand corner, and if necessary compensate for it.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#166 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:55 PM
If you quit the game during a pregnancy, and the birth is the first birth (in any family) after you load the game again, you need to roll the pacifier.

You can do this in CAS, by quitting the lot after the birth without saving and running through the birth again, or by using the "fix/rerandomizer" option on the batbox.

Bear in mind that if you roll the pacifier, by whatever method, the same number of times each time, you're likely to encounter the same problem anyway. The batbox randomizer is also imperfect. Some people's playstyles call on the randomizer more often than others, though, and this is generally an invisible process. I think the relevant randomizer is used when walkbys are generated, when community lots are visited, and possibly under other circumstances. So if, like me, you visit community lots a lot, you don't have to be as strict about rolling the pacifier as more sedentary players. You can test for what kind of player you are by using the batbox, which shows you how many times it rolled the pacifier in the upper right hand corner, and if necessary compensate for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9cotJ2q2M4&t=24s
Is this video right? For that what you mean?
Mad Poster
#167 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:09 PM
It...looks right, but since I don't read the language it's in I wouldn't care to take my oath.

Forum Resident
#168 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM
I try to arrange it so I play a sim who is expecting their first born, then play the other households with pregnant sims until they give birth. "Naturally" rolling the pacifier, so to speak. So I'll have a boom of 6 births back to back in one session, and not have to worry about remembering if I need to reroll again or not.
Test Subject
#169 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 8:06 PM
I wish there be a video! In that SimsWiki. How when what....
Field Researcher
#170 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 9:04 PM
I never even knew this was a thing up until now. Immediately went to check my Goth children. Yeah... clones. Ugh. Well, guess I learned my lesson.
Test Subject
#171 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 9:26 PM
I have a descendant of Goth (Alexanders Kids) are looking like Bella!,especially the daughter!
I would like to show you photots but,I do not know how I can upload photos ;((
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#172 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:27 PM
@GreyGreey Click advanced instead of 'Post Quick Reply' Then scroll down to Attach Files. Click browse to find your photo then go down to where it says "Upload Files"

if you want it to show in the post and not just as an attachment click the address on the picture and do copy. Then click the small 'Insert image' from just above. Paste in there. Then Submit Reply.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#173 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:57 AM
When I first start the game, I go into Create a Family and roll the pacifier according to the day of the month. For example, today is the 27th, so I would roll the pacifier 27 times. The batbox is quicker, but in my game it tends to keep generating the same number over and over.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#174 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:02 AM
Shoot, 27 times? I roll 1-4 at max, never had an issue doing that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#175 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:52 AM
Well, just keep in mind that same number of rolls + same parents = same sim, as long as it is the first birth since you started the game. That's why the batbox has so many different possible numbers it can roll.
Locked thread
Page 7 of 10