Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 1:53 AM
Default Can i create a super-global bhav that add a pie menu to all objects?
I'd like to add a pie menu to every object we are able to sell in buy mode. and that opie menu would be: "Sell Item: $xxx", so we don't have to go in buy mode to sell items! can anyone think of a way to do that?

- another quicy question: how do I type something in the Dialog String file that would break the line at the point i want? Know what i mean? example:
the dialog string 0x0000 is:
"my name is $local:0 and my sign is $local:1",

but in the game i want the dialog (text-notification type) to show up like this:
"my name is $local:0
and my sign is $local:1"
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 7:29 AM
Well I dont know about the first one, but I do know about the other one. Go into your textlists and search the one with that text in it. Click the box, and put the type thingy after $local:0 and press enter.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linolino
I'd like to add a pie menu to every object we are able to sell in buy mode. and that opie menu would be: "Sell Item: $xxx", so we don't have to go in buy mode to sell items! can anyone think of a way to do that?

Alas, almost certainly not possible. The pie menu functions are specific for each item, they don't exist in any global form. The only reason we can add stuff to sim pie menus is because there's an entry in the sim's pie menu functions file which does a scan for social plugin objects and adds them. As most objects don't have such an entry, the only way to change the text in their pie menu is to edit their specific pie menu functions file.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Alas, almost certainly not possible.
hun... bad news. no problem though. it was just a random idea i had... thanks echo!

Quote: Originally posted by JohnBrehaut1
Click the box, and put the type thingy after $local:0 and press enter.
Are you kidding? It's that simple? I can't belive i missed that! hahahahaha...