Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 7:18 PM Last edited by frankokomando : 7th Nov 2011 at 3:05 AM.
Why do they call the zombies geeks?

Anyways, that waterlogged zombie in the well made me laugh :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:23 AM
That water logged zombie made lose my appetite.
So what did you guys think of the episode?
Scholar
#28 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 5:05 PM
It was okay. I totally guessed what Lori had Glen buy for her Oh, and the whole Glen and Maggie thing in the pharmacy was weird
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:39 PM
The water logged zombie was gross... But hey at leas they didn't do anything stupid... You know like shoot it in the head or something..

LOL

Poor Glen was a virgin.. A gal takes off her top in front of me after that little seduction she made at Glen.. I would not have been looking at her dumfounded. But hey getting it on in a pharmacy.. That is one for the books all the same.

As for Shane blowing away Otis.. He is a murderous bastard. Most likely the father of Lori baby.. Can the day get any worse?

At the very least the boy will pull out of it now. It was a touching scene between Rick and his son.

As for the old vet/doc I wonder what he is hiding in the barn. Notice when Rick asked about moving the group closer to the barn he was quick to say No.

Makes me wonder what he is hiding there.

I do hope they find the little girl soon.

I spent most of today getting caught up as I have been off line this past week. After being off line from that rotten Nor'easter.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:40 PM
I agree, frankokomando. I felt that the pharmacy scene with Glenn and Maggie was rushed and forced. There wasn't any chemistry between any of them.

• I wanted to punch Shane in the face every single time he was on screen.
• Daryl has become my favorite character thus far. (At first, I hated him!)
• Why are we still looking for Sophia?! Besides, the only person who seems to care is Daryl.
• Andrea was less annoying last night. I still want to punch her, though.
• I wonder why Herschel wants the gang to leave?!
• The zombie in the well scene was gross.
• Who knew that a pregnancy test can give you results in an instant!?
Alchemist
#31 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:35 PM
The Sophia thing is getting really annoying, actually. I imagine they'll wind up finding her - and when they do, I'm going to want to jump through the TV and slap her around. She should have STAYED where she was told.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:41 PM
Yeah she should of stayed where she was told.. but slapping her around seems silly I'm sure shes learned her lesson enough by being off on her own and scared to death.
I don't really hate Shane but I never really cared from him in the first place so yeah..
I think its like five minutes or something usually for pregnancy tests.. something like that. Now that you mention the barn thing it makes me wonder.. Maybe he has a zombie or well walker as they call them in there that was related to him or something. Maybe he can't bring himself to kill it.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:52 AM
Sophia's a child, she got scared and ran to somewhere safe. Andrea is really ticking me off though, as said in Shawshank's Redempetion, 'Get busy living or get busy dying'.

The pregnancy test was pretty quick, but time always seems to go fast when you get bad news and slow when its good as far a television goes. It takes one minute to find out if you're pregnant, but episodes to find out if a child is alive or not. I wonder if Herschel has Sophia locked up in the barn, he's starting to look more and more suspicious.

@ Deloure: How could you hate Daryl?! He had me when he used a crossbow to kill a zombie.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:58 AM
I didn't think about him having Sophia in the barn... hmm.. interesting.. Well if he does have her its kind of shitty because her mother would like to see her and know shes alive. But maybe he thinks if Sophia goes with them that she'll die. So he locked her up to keep her alive because he thinks he can take care of her better or something.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 1:18 AM
i haven't seen the newest episode yet but oh my gosh, SO EXCITED. me and my mama make sure to watch it every night, haha. she refuses to watch horror movies etc but i convinced her to do it, and now it's our ritual to watch them together hehe. can't wait! i LOVE daryl, he's by far hands down THE best character!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 2:01 AM
coltraz: Right?! The place Rick told her to stay in was possibly the safest place in the entire forest. Ugh, see?! This is why I have the 'dislikes children' trait. Those little brats never listen.

kristie91: I never had to take a pregnancy test so I'm not sure about the average number of time one must wait before retrieving the results but, I know that as soon as you pee on the stick-thing, it won't give you an answer seconds later. They could've at least cut to another scene or something to make it look like time has passed.

Yakumo-dono: Where is the safest place Sophia would run to?! I felt that the place Rick told her to hide would be the safest place in that particular area. The fact that she didn't listen to Rick and stay put shows that she couldn't survive in those woods. Those walkers are surprisingly fast.

Daryl got on my last nerve for much of the first season. As episodes went on, he became less of an asshole (I assume Shane took his place in the asshole department). Now, he's one of my favorites.

kristie91: Hmm...good point. What if Herschel is keeping Sophia tucked away?! I mean, there's something about him I just don't like. → Oh, I just realized I replied to you twice. Oh well. I was going in order of the messages. *Kanye shrug*

gemma420: I think it's nice that you and your mom watch the series together. The only thing my mom bothers to watch is NCIS reruns and Dr. G Medical Examiner. I was surprised that she watched and liked the first season of True Blood.
Scholar
#37 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:51 AM Last edited by frankokomando : 9th Nov 2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Because I spelled Merle wrong.
I love Daryl! I want hug him even though he looks like he smells bad.

At this point I really hope Sophia has been turned into a zombie. >_>

When they showed Merle in the preview was I the only one that was all like "Merle! :D" ? I want to know what he's been up to this whole time.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 1:36 AM
I imagined that Merl will show up at some point. Sophia I think is stronger than most give her credit for being. Yea she pulled the usual stupid kid stunt of not staying where she belonged. At the same time I think Daryl has the right idea. She is a country kid. She will have an innate knack instinct for survival. And the scene between Daryl and Carol was a good one. As for that seduction scene. Sometimes one finds their pleasure where you can. Remeber these characters are living in a time of an extraordinary time of fear and death. How one reacts or even acts does become distorted.

Though I will reiterate what I have said from the beginning out side of Daryl and Glenn the rest are just fumbling their way to painful ends.
Retired
retired moderator
#39 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 1:42 AM
Glenn is a dreamboat. He will be mine.

Sophia will survive. She has a lot of spirit, even if she did something stupid. If they're following the comics, then she's definitely not in the barn. Something *else* is in the barn.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#40 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 1:45 AM
Lol that makes me want to read the comics.. Is the tv show really different from the comics?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Glenn is a dreamboat. He will be mine.

Sophia will survive. She has a lot of spirit, even if she did something stupid. If they're following the comics, then she's definitely not in the barn. Something *else* is in the barn.

Yes, I heard about that. I won't say as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but, my curiosity got the better of me over at IMDb Walking Dead boards.

If they go that route, it'll be a nice turn of events.
Alchemist
#42 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:36 AM
I read a lot of the comic and couldn't get enough of it for a while. I actually forgot about what specifically happens with Hershel and them, til Kiwi said that, and I was reminded. The comics are good but I wound up bored with them after a while. Some things that happened in the show are quite true to the comics - other things not at all! For example, in the comic,
Retired
retired moderator
#43 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:10 AM
The comics aren't that great, in my opinion. They only have appeal via the current zombie-chic. The TV show is following them quite closely, but I'm a bit sad they're not working in more unambiguous social commentary. That's the whole appeal of the zombie genre, the way it casts real society an interesting and openly critical light, alongside to a lesser degree a study of alienation and survival. At the moment it's a bit too much like Family Drama Also With Zombies.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
The comics aren't that great, in my opinion. They only have appeal via the current zombie-chic. The TV show is following them quite closely, but I'm a bit sad they're not working in more unambiguous social commentary. That's the whole appeal of the zombie genre, the way it casts real society an interesting and openly critical light, alongside to a lesser degree a study of alienation and survival. At the moment it's a bit too much like Family Drama Also With Zombies.

AMEN! It has become too...Lost meets Grey's Anatomy for me. IMO, season one was gritty. It kicked you in the face. I loved that! Now...womp, womp.
Alchemist
#45 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:41 AM
That's weird... I'm actually finding the 2nd season better than the first. -shrug-
Alchemist
#46 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:15 AM
OK, Andrea is an idiot! Maybe she'll stop pretending to be a damn sharpshooter now. Ugh. I was hoping that she'd get snubbed by everyone afterwards, especially Dale.
Scholar
#47 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:30 AM
I wanted to punch Andrea! I literally yelled at my tv 'You stupid bitch!"

Shane is still being an annoying. I totally loved the part where Glenn told Dale that he had sex with Maggie Mostly because of Dale's facial expressions.

What up with the barn?
Scholar
#48 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:43 AM
Shane makes me mad. At least Andrea is listening to Dale now. Glenn, don't go into the barn!!!!! I knew there were zombies there. Lory's baby is most definitely Shane's. Sophia can't be made a zombie, or I will kill somebody. Daryl is awesome, so I'm glad he's not dead. Merl better be dead. Carol and Daryl are very obvious, but I like it. Daryl and his crossbow shooting the zombies is epic.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#49 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:45 AM
Was I the only that was happy to see Merle? D: Even if it was just a hallucination.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:41 AM
I about smacked Andrea through my TV. She thinks she is entitled to be able to shoot a gun without thinking about the consequences. Hopefully that taught her a lesson.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Page 2 of 17