Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1290
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 24 (Who?), Viewed: 745 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Feb 2018, 6:59 PM DefaultMansard Window add-ons #1
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

I was thinking of uploading here again, and what's better than a new window set to start fresh?
*I promise, this time I won't panic and remove every uploads because a mean one hacks my profile*

For now, I have only one window made : the regular mansard window. I am actually working on a taller version, then a counter height version (this goes without saying...), I might add a 2 tile version as well, I'll see how it goes. The first one being done and all set, the others should follow quick.

This window is slave to the EA A Bit Steep Mansard Roof With Window, all colors, all CC recolors you might have. I only have the ones I made, but you can see on the picture, subsets are there.
Just like the EA one, the white inside of the window is a non-recolorable subset.
You would recolor my windows by recoloring the EA A Bit Steep Mansard Roof With Window, which is not a roof at all and considered by the game to be a window. (you need a wall behind it)

And the back...

Since these EA pieces are found it Build Tools/Architecture, I had to change its catalogue placement. It now shows up in Build Tools/Doors and Windows/Single Story Windows. Just like any one story window.
The Icon has been changed to a window one, instead of an architecture one as well. (Thanks to simmer22 who today, directed me to a tutorial by HL)
Seen on the picture too.

The *roof pattern* has been remapped, it shows the texture wonderfully. South southwallshadow(back of window) and North wallshadow (front of window) aren't the same mesh. They both have their textures.
The South one was already in the package, I did simple-small edit on the mesh. The North one could not use the same mesh, I had to use the guob mesh that slopped, and straightened it, to fit a straight wall. Only the guob alpha texture is in the package, the southwallshadow alpha texture is linked to the master object.
So yes, both sides of this window have shadows.

Adding another picture, to show better, the window thickness I went for.

I think that's pretty much it!
Thank you for taking the time to read, and please let me know what you think,
if it is worth uploading,
and how you like your eggs.

Rosie :0)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Old 12th Feb 2018, 9:12 PM #2
maxon
The Great AntiJen

24 Achievements

Oh I understand - you're making a straight wall version of the window? That will be a welcome addition.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 12th Feb 2018, 11:14 PM #3
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

More like..just the window.
Then I'll add different sizes.

Old 13th Feb 2018, 5:57 AM #4
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Done with the tall version, and the counter height version.

Old 13th Feb 2018, 9:48 PM #5
d4RE
Lab Assistant

9 Achievements

Yes, these look nice. I'd definitely put them in my game. I've been working on some bay windows based on this mansard window, and these would go nicely with them.
Old 14th Feb 2018, 12:13 AM #6
HugeLunatic
Dancing Flamingo

64 Achievements

Are they repositoried?
Old 14th Feb 2018, 12:23 AM #7
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Mines are, I assume d4RE's are as well.

Old 14th Feb 2018, 3:38 PM #8
Lamare
just a girl

18 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
*I promise, this time I won't panic and remove every uploads because a mean one hacks my profile*

So THAT's what happened. How awful.

I like the windows. As far as I can tell, you've done nice job.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 2:21 AM #9
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Thank you Lamare
I am done with my first try at making a double window..what you guys think? Do you like the pointy middle *accent* I added?...Would you prefer something else?
Thank you.

Old 15th Feb 2018, 2:39 AM #10
olc
Temporarily Banned

6 Achievements

Quote:
Thank you Lamare
I am done with my first try at making a double window..what you guys think? Do you like the pointy middle *accent* I added?...Would you prefer something else?
Thank you.

love the double windows. also could i ask why not to add the circle version? those would be lovely as well ^_^
Old 15th Feb 2018, 3:06 AM #11
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Thank you Olc. The round window is already offered in the game as a normal window. Well...it is true that it is not exactly the same as the roof piece round window, but resembles well enough. It would look small, all alone on a wall...(poor thing)
But OK, you win @olc lol
I just went to check in game, and yes..they are different enough.

As you can see, it is very low on the wall, would you like it at that same height, or would you rather have it higher, like the one on the right?...Or counter height?

Last edited by Rosebine : 15th Feb 2018 at 3:41 AM.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 4:45 AM #12
olc
Temporarily Banned

6 Achievements

Quote:
Thank you Olc. The round window is already offered in the game as a normal window. Well...it is true that it is not exactly the same as the roof piece round window, but resembles well enough. It would look small, all alone on a wall...(poor thing)
But OK, you win @olc lol
I just went to check in game, and yes..they are different enough.

As you can see, it is very low on the wall, would you like it at that same height, or would you rather have it higher, like the one on the right?...Or counter height?

if it is not an insane job, it would be lovely to have it on 3 heights. low near the gound. one at the center like the similar window. and one in the top end of the wall. imagine the 3 on a row decorating a staircase for example. or for rooms (like a bathroom) you want a private window. the lower one could work as a replacement for a 2 story high window. you put in the 1 floor the high one and in the 2 level the lower one creating a 2 button illusion. just random ideas how this could work.
EDIT:
took the liberty to give you an example of what i mean on sims 4 with the most similar window i could find (ignore its shape imagine its the mansard one on sims 2)
Last edited by olc : 15th Feb 2018 at 5:22 AM.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 5:54 PM #13
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

I will begin to work on the rounded window sometime today. I just finish writing a tutorial on wallmasks, that took time.
No @olc this is not at all an insane job. You'll get all 3 heights.

Old 16th Feb 2018, 2:40 AM #14
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Done with the standard height Round window.
Pics of front & back.

I'll be working on the other heights

Old 16th Feb 2018, 2:47 AM #15
olc
Temporarily Banned

6 Achievements

Quote:
Done with the standard height Round window.
Pics of front & back.

I'll be working on the other heights

its gorgeous! would they take recolours made to the mansards or this is a completely new object? i read you said its all new textures so i guess not. but its ok its works as a stand alone window anyways ^_^
Old 16th Feb 2018, 2:59 AM #16
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

In my very first post, I say it is slave to the mansard roof window. So yes. They will take all recolors you have for it. None of the windows I make for this set are stand-alone. Look at the second picture I just posted..you'll see they have all EA colors + my own recolors.
By the way...I think the standard height is not exactly what you wanted as the lowest one. So I will lower it, so I can make all three heights!

Old 16th Feb 2018, 3:31 AM #17
olc
Temporarily Banned

6 Achievements

Quote:
In my very first post, I say it is slave to the mansard roof window. So yes. They will take all recolors you have for it. None of the windows I make for this set are stand-alone. Look at the second picture I just posted..you'll see they have all EA colors + my own recolors.
By the way...I think the standard height is not exactly what you wanted as the lowest one. So I will lower it, so I can make all three heights!

then nvm. just asked cause i have a few recolours of mine ^_^
Old 16th Feb 2018, 1:53 PM #18
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Your recolors will all show.
Update I'm afraid, I won't be able to make all 3 heights. Given the size of the window, we need a counter high one. If there is one down, one middle and one up, the middle one will be in the counter. It won't be useful for many.

Old 16th Feb 2018, 2:24 PM #19
olc
Temporarily Banned

6 Achievements

Quote:
Your recolors will all show.
Update I'm afraid, I won't be able to make all 3 heights. Given the size of the window, we need a counter high one. If there is one down, one middle and one up, the middle one will be in the counter. It won't be useful for many.

lol no problem. the different heights was just an example. or you could do the middle one a bit smaller if the issue is the size. still it was just a suggestion ^_^
Old 16th Feb 2018, 2:42 PM #20
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

You know, you do not need to quote me in each of your replies to me. It makes bigger posts and I am aware you are answering me..especially when we 2 are the only ones chatting in here.

Old 16th Feb 2018, 4:06 PM #21
olc
Temporarily Banned

6 Achievements

@rosebine any ideas how to convert sims 2 to sims 4 items? would love this windows on sims 4. to be quite honest i am starting to like it waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than sims 2 (since windows 7 i cannot run the condemned game properly) just an idea. it would be lovely to have some items like the victorian doors and windows from sims 2 converted into sims 4.
Old 16th Feb 2018, 4:24 PM #22
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

No, unfortunately, I would not know. But if you ask on the sims 4 forums, surely someone could.
Once my windows will be uploaded, given they are approved, then if a sim 4 creator wants to convert them for sims 4, they'll have my permission.

Old 16th Feb 2018, 7:37 PM #23
olc
Temporarily Banned

6 Achievements

@rosebine lol. ok. i still love you work. dont think its any negative towards your awesome work. its just the game giving me a crash every time i load a big lot. and tryed 100 different fixes and the problem never goes away (it does not help i have near 1 gb of cuistom content LOL) but i still am exited to see your awesome work ^_^
Old 16th Feb 2018, 11:25 PM #24
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

On the contrary, @olc you seem to be liking my work so much, that you'd like to bring it along with you to the sims 4...and it's not even uploaded yet! So no worries here.

Old Yesterday, 6:39 AM #25
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Yes! I just made my very first diagonal window.
This had to be made a bit differently, because it is slaved to maxis, not to my straight version..well yes, but no.
Wallmask needs tweaking a bit, but otherwise, me happy!

Onto the other ones now. (after I fix this one's wallmasks)

Section jump: