Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1187
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 695 (Who?), Viewed: 258024 times.
Search this Thread
Old 10th Feb 2018, 9:39 AM #676
Morphar
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsPixelPalace
can you send me a link to the version u use

I use this mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

All changes are made in CAS by the feet slider.
Old 10th Feb 2018, 9:49 AM #677
Morphar
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamaDove
btw, sims with the -100 height have their hands sink through the piano when they play, instead of lifting their arms. I don't know how to fix animations... so for now I'm just making a smaller piano. ha

To fix those kind of matchings the piano and the sim must interact with each other. For sims of different heights to sit on a fixed height chair the chair has to tell the animated sim to lower his arse. Probably very difficult to implement. Better not to use extreme heights.
Last edited by Morphar : 11th Feb 2018 at 9:20 AM.
Old 11th Feb 2018, 2:59 PM #678
hanyasidik
Test Subject

2 Achievements

I want height slider that can turn sims into giants, with extreme heights...

Can someone edit the slider, please? I don't understand how to edit the mod... thanks
Old 11th Feb 2018, 7:04 PM #679
DreamaDove
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
To fix those kind of matchings the piano and the sim must interact with each other. For sims of different heights to sit on a fixed height chair the chair has to tell the animated sim to lower his arse. Probably very difficult to implement. Better not to use extreme heights.

I did end up making a smaller piano (shrunk it in blender by 10%) and the animations works perfect now for her and my other short sims. I like my teens to be small Sometimes it's a lot of compromises with the animations, but I absolutely detest same-sized sims.

Btw, is anyone having problems with the feet slider?
Old 12th Feb 2018, 4:49 AM #680
Manderz0630
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

Replace the Height Slider Short with this one. It fixes the bent leg issue with teen through elders. (Children and toddler sims will most likely need a separate height slider to correct the leg issue).
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: 7z Height Slider Short.7z (462 Bytes, 102 downloads) - View custom content
Old 12th Feb 2018, 9:41 PM #681
Morphar
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanyasidik
I want height slider that can turn sims into giants, with extreme heights...

Can someone edit the slider, please? I don't understand how to edit the mod... thanks

Try heightslider1525teens.zip
The 1525 means the heights are 1.5 times shorter than usual and 2.5 times taller.

Old 12th Feb 2018, 11:39 PM #682
hanyasidik
Test Subject

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
Try heightslider1525teens.zip
The 1525 means the heights are 1.5 times shorter than usual and 2.5 times taller.

I have tried that mod, (even with the heightslider3.zip) but I want the mod with even taller version

Or like the slider edited by GuilhermeSchilling but in even taller version

In other words, my sims could turn into giants

Can someone edit the mod please because I don't understand how to edit the mod, sorry... Thanks anyway
Old 13th Feb 2018, 4:01 AM #683
Manderz0630
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

Old 15th Feb 2018, 4:11 AM #684
guedespoa
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderz0630
Replace the Height Slider Short with this one. It fixes the bent leg issue with teen through elders. (Children and toddler sims will most likely need a separate height slider to correct the leg issue).

Can you make a version for Height Slider Tall?? To sims not "float" if I set it to 100, for example
Old 15th Feb 2018, 4:54 PM #685
Manderz0630
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

The floating issue with tall sims is something I can't fix. Simple editing the height slider will do nothing with the floating issue. The sitting animation with beds and chairs are made for sims the default height and a sim with their height adjusted will float or clip through the item. You can download blender and resize the seats for the height adjusted sim to make them sit correctly. Quote from Morphar's post (#667) "For sims of different heights to sit on a fixed height chair the chair has to tell the animated sim to lower his arse. Probably very difficult to implement." Implementing a method you will have to do to all the game's chairs, beds and couches etc..anywhere and anything the height adjusted sim can sit on. Another way is to not adjust the sim's height. It's something you will have to learn how to deal with unless you want to do those three methods.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 6:29 PM #686
cinthila
Lab Assistant

God this is such a great mod ! I love that sims now grow everyday, and how they each have their ow physical characteristics now !
However, I wish EA had thought of that so the interactions would be compatible. Because some such as the romantic interactions look quite weird when the sims have big height differences...
Old 15th Feb 2018, 6:50 PM #687
Manderz0630
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

Most of the interactions have eye to eye contact which I love.
Old 16th Feb 2018, 6:31 AM #688
GuilhermeSchilling
Test Subject

Hello, I've tested my modified version of the Morphar's height mod in simulation mode and I noticed the bug in the Sims arms. After that I tested and modified the original version of simmythesim and it worked normally without the bug. Now I'm just looking for help to fix small issues, like the one of tall and short Sims having a bug holding small pets and the sitting issue.

my english is not very good, you can correct me if I wrote wrong
File Type: zip Height Slider Mod.zip (10.1 KB, 81 downloads) - View custom content
Old 16th Feb 2018, 7:47 AM #689
hanyasidik
Test Subject

2 Achievements

Quote:

Thanks for your help, Manderz!

I've edited my mod, but I found a problem.

When I add the slider cheat to its maximum, it seems that the sim squeezed like in this picture.

One picture is when I input the cheat add_slider height 40, and the other is add_slider height 100. (The add_slider height 100 causes the sim to squeeze, while 40 is the maximum input before the sim became squeezed, so if I input more than 40, the sim becomes squeezed gradually)

Is there a way to solve this problem?
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot (381).png
Views: 0
Size:  317.7 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot (382).png
Views: 0
Size:  319.2 KB  
Old 16th Feb 2018, 9:43 AM #690
Morphar
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinthila
God this is such a great mod ! I love that sims now grow everyday, and how they each have their ow physical characteristics now !
However, I wish EA had thought of that so the interactions would be compatible. Because some such as the romantic interactions look quite weird when the sims have big height differences...

As IRL isn´t it?
If you chose a partner with very different height you will have problems in some situations.
Old 16th Feb 2018, 1:54 PM #691
Manderz0630
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanyasidik
When I add the slider cheat to its maximum, it seems that the sim squeezed like in this picture.

One picture is when I input the cheat add_slider height 40, and the other is add_slider height 100. (The add_slider height 100 causes the sim to squeeze, while 40 is the maximum input before the sim became squeezed, so if I input more than 40, the sim becomes squeezed gradually)

Is there a way to solve this problem?

(Offset will move the bone, scale will resize it. X is up/down Z is left/right, Y is forward/backward)

Looks like you need to edit the Spine0 I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Which is the top chest part of the sim that is caved in.
Old 16th Feb 2018, 5:52 PM #692
hanyasidik
Test Subject

2 Achievements

Quote:
(Offset will move the bone, scale will resize it. X is up/down Z is left/right, Y is forward/backward)

Looks like you need to edit the Spine0 I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Which is the top chest part of the sim that is caved in.

It didn't work.

I also tried the same thing with spine1, spine2, root_bind, but still not working.
Old 17th Feb 2018, 5:05 AM #693
Manderz0630
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

It goes from negative to positive numbers. It's something to do with the top part of the sim's body. Just keep messing with the Offset it in BoneDelta. There will be a lot of trails and errors before you get it to work how you want it to and also you will be loading up and closing the game a lot.
Last edited by Manderz0630 : 17th Feb 2018 at 5:17 AM.
Old 19th Feb 2018, 4:45 PM #694
guedespoa
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilhermeSchilling
Hello, I've tested my modified version of the Morphar's height mod in simulation mode and I noticed the bug in the Sims arms. After that I tested and modified the original version of simmythesim and it worked normally without the bug. Now I'm just looking for help to fix small issues, like the one of tall and short Sims having a bug holding small pets and the sitting issue.

my english is not very good, you can correct me if I wrote wrong

Love this version!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Amei essa versão!! Obrigado por compartilhar!! (Principalmente pra crianças e bebes!)
Old 19th Feb 2018, 11:03 PM #695
GuilhermeSchilling
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by guedespoa
Love this version!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Amei essa versão!! Obrigado por compartilhar!! (Principalmente pra crianças e bebes!)

You're welcome, I updated the mod, I modified the physical structure of Sims who just grew up from toddler to child.

De nada, eu atualizei o mod, eu modifiquei a estrutura física de Sims que acabaram de crescer de bebê para criança.
File Type: zip Height Slider Mod.zip (10.2 KB, 58 downloads) - View custom content
Old 20th Feb 2018, 12:37 AM #696
Menaceman44
Mad Poster

36 Achievements

View My Journal

I'm really pleased to see that there are people still working on this.
Is there any chance that somebody would be willing to make a version that automatically sets Teens to a slightly shorter height than Adults?
I say automatically because it really is a chore having to manually edit all of the Teens in the world so that they are slightly shorter.

I can't understand python tuning and scripting to try it myself. I have looked at it in the past and got nowhere.
I hate having to ask and put on other people.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu

Section jump: