Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 8:32 PM
Hello~

First of all, thx for the tutorial...!

Now, I have to make me looks stupid because I am, yes, clueless~!
So, I need to know if the script can be used in my Blender 2.58 in my sucks Windows 7.

So, to get it work I have to put the files in .blender/scripts/ folder eh? apparently, in 7 things are different right? so I put it in C:\\program files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.58\scripts\addons (I've tried both placing it in addons folder and scripts folder as well), is it okay?

But... sadly the import/exporter still doesn't show up in the import/export menu,
so I tried to install it using user preferences --> Install Add-On, and it's said "source file is in the addon search path: C:\\program files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.58\\scripts\\addons"

Aah, what should I do?

Trying to load it from another folder isn't working either... the dialog box didn't even showed up.

Sooo, any suggestion for me please...? I really wish to see that 'Sims 2 smd file' option in my import menu... lol

I'm longing for any answer and way out and it's greaaatly appreciated as I'm so thankful if I could get through this and start meshing~ XD thank yooou...!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 11:15 AM
How do you save as *.smd i mean i looked through save as type and cant find it!!!
Test Subject
#78 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:47 PM
Skimmer, I think to produce an .smd file from Blender you have to export it to .smd file from export menu... since the save as would only save the file to .BLEND file...

They have the add-ons here, but unfortunately for me it's not working. Maybe it works for you just like the other, well in my case I think I'm just lack of luck and I just hoping somebody could help me :D
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajhimsanjee
Skimmer, I think to produce an .smd file from Blender you have to export it to .smd file from export menu... since the save as would only save the file to .BLEND file...

They have the add-ons here, but unfortunately for me it's not working. Maybe it works for you just like the other, well in my case I think I'm just lack of luck and I just hoping somebody could help me :D
Ok i have a solution. I have degraded to Blender 2.49a. so that i could place the smd importer/exporter in to the file specified. As this tutorial is quite out of date now, just download the Blender 2.49 file. Thats what i did and it seems to work
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 6:00 PM
BTW here are the SkankyBoy SMD plugins for SimPE for anyone who doesn't have them
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SkankyBoy SMDs.zip (21.5 KB, 112 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 9:37 PM
Ok all went well until the last step. I placed my remeshed file in the downloads folder and it didnt show up. all it showed was the base mesh i imported back to game to find the saved sims file. Can you Help please. And does anyone look at these any more?
Test Subject
#82 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neonal18
Hi, I'm new here and just recently got Sims 2. I have a question about exporting the GMDC: when I click on it in SimPE, a window pops up that says "Warning: You need to install MANAGED DirectX," and the panel with the object doesn't show up, nor does the export button. Could someone help with the link for the thing I need to download?

Hi There!!!! I'm sooo happy that I found a solution for us ! I had the same problem with you but now , everything's more easily with this !!
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/
You must search for this
Needed Software to run SimPE Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
Managed Direct X 9c (only if you want to work with Meshes)
And install the MANAGED DIRECTX 9c ! My problem's solved . Now I started to create new meshes Good luck and enjoy making mesh !
Page 4 of 4