Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:29 PM
Default Creating martial arts items that can be autonomously used in Sunset Valley.
I want to create at least a usable practice dummy that can autonomously used by other Sims in Sunset Valley. I looked at the object modding tutorial but some of the tools needed are out-of-date. What do I currently need to do this? It has been done already by someone else but the link to those objects doesn't work anymore.

Need some help please...
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:45 AM
Here you go: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...Explanation.pdf

This tutorial actually shows how to disallow it. So basically you'd give instructions to the script/ITUN file saying 'yes I want to disallow autonomy for these specific sims/all sims'

it's actually quite easy! You don't need a tool for it actually. Just S3PE and Notepad should work What I usually do is:
- Open the gameplay.package in S3PE - Get the ITUN file you need
- Export that and put it somewhere in a work folder where you'd be able to find it back easily.
- Close S3PE - Open S3PE again, go to file>new
- Go to resources>add>add file and then click on the resource you just exported.
- The window that shows up now is something you don't have to bother changing. Especially since this is a default replacement after all so everything has to be the same as the actual file (Like instances, group, type, etc)
- Right+Click on the ITUN file, go to notepad right in the list thingy and now notepad should open it

From here you want to follow the tutorial I linked. This will explain how to make it autonomously, the after you're done just simply save and click 'yes' on the popup

Else there's also this one: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...TONOMOUS_OR_NOT

Hope this helps!