Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 12:02 PM Last edited by CardinalSims : 6th Jun 2023 at 9:52 AM.
Default Formatting Tutorials / Tutorial Feedback
With one fifth of a tutorial series released, I'm starting to psyche myself out over whether I'm satisfied with the way it looks as a post.

I recently uploaded Hair Creation Start-to-Finish (2023), which is both the starting point and the home of Part One.
The preview for editing a post is already leagues better than the one for posting one, so the basic clean up and streamlining will be fine.

I'd love to know any more formatting tricks to break up such a hefty post.
  • I'm mainly concerned of the screenshots being too bulky and whether I should make them smaller.
  • Is it too long in general? Should I shove some sections under spoilers?
  • Is it confusing for users if Part Two, Three, so on are separate posts? Linked at the beginning and end of course. Because I cover so many universal applications, I've tried to separate it by what stands on its own and can be referenced even for those not going start-to-finish. Yet, I would understand if it's preferred on the forum that the other parts were simply comments.
  • When is it appropriate to add to the tutorial wiki?

I'd love for every part of the tutorial to be as straight-forward and readable as the ones I have learned so much from here, but I'm also covering a lot more ground and it's very intimidating to try and make it so the process isn't also intimidating to users without watering it down. I may also be unfairly comparing the appearance of it as a post to Wiki tutorials, which have the luxury of multiple pages and wiki formatting.

Any suggestions of your favourite longform text tutorials for me to take a look at would be appreciated. Maybe I'm just missing something simple that would really tidy up this post!

Edit: I've since edited the tutorial with mainly space-saving changes. Thoughts still appreciated.