Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#201 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:50 AM
^^ Hey, thanks! That looks great!

Why is the top green though? *scratches head*

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 6:38 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 26th Jun 2015 at 6:58 AM.
A small fix to the roof and a new, more accurate steeple. I think it's time to call this one done!

Small pet peeve though- the deciduous trees in these locations are too evenly spaced. In actuality, these are places that might benefit from removing some trees and clumping others closer together

Simplifying the road layout here (and fixing up the cul-de-sac) might also be worth a look.

Attached files:
File Type: rar  St. Simmons.rar (2.18 MB, 322 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#203 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 12:30 PM
Oof! Going back to the tree and road stage might not be something I'm up for at this point... But thanks for the input! Definitely food for thought...

About the roads: do you think this layout has impact on performance or do you just not like the layout?

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Mad Poster
#204 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 4:21 PM
It's not that bad to go back and change things up! I went back and forth a lot when I was finishing up Point Ouerbacker. Some things you just don't see until you play the game.

For the roads, it's more of an aesthetic thing, though if you're keeping the current road layout, I would suggest getting rid of the cul-de-sac (the loop at the end of the road) since there's flickering at the intersection (and it's really not necessary, terrain paints can do the trick).
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
It's not that bad to go back and change things up! I went back and forth a lot when I was finishing up Point Ouerbacker. Some things you just don't see until you play the game.

For the roads, it's more of an aesthetic thing, though if you're keeping the current road layout, I would suggest getting rid of the cul-de-sac (the loop at the end of the road) since there's flickering at the intersection (and it's really not necessary, terrain paints can do the trick).

I agree so far as to never end a road like that, but with an intersection, as the game prefers that

Really can't wait for this world.
Scholar
#206 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:34 PM
Hi there! I really really love this world and I'm really enjoying exploring it. It really feels like it has potential for so many different kinds of families!

I do think I might have found a routing issue though. I've been having issues with the carpool/schoolbus locations.

The green dot is the house my sims have been living in for around 12-14 sim days. The purple dot is the closest any schoolbus/carpool has ever come to the house. It also seems to be the dropoff spot of choice for both child and pet adoptions. The yellow dot is what seems to be the game's most frequent choice for schoolbus pickup/dropoff. The red dot is where my sim's carpool just dropped her off (she works at the hospital, the carpool drove over the first bridge, across the island, over the second bridge, turned the corner, went down the road a bit, and then let her out).

The purple spot, while not ideal due to time wasted walking, is reasonable enough. The yellow is much more of a nuisance, but still somewhat reasonable. But this latest development, with a sim being dropped off on the other side of the water after passing by her own house, is just bizarre.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#207 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:58 PM
^^ That *IS* weird! Thank you very much for letting me know!
I'll definitely look into this, but I'm a little immersed in Fallout atm...

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#208 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 2:30 PM
Hi guys!

I finally got around to uploading another beta!
This is supposed to be the very final beta version, meaning that if nobody reports any major glitches in the next couple of months, I'm going to go ahead and upload it to the site properly.

This version has the full Twinbrook sea/sky files, since just like with previous beta versions, the Twinbrook version got twice as many downloads as the vanilla version, so the majority has spoken on this.

Enjoy!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Scholar
#209 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
Hi guys!

I finally got around to uploading another beta!
This is supposed to be the very final beta version, meaning that if nobody reports any major glitches in the next couple of months, I'm going to go ahead and upload it to the site properly.

This version has the full Twinbrook sea/sky files, since just like with previous beta versions, the Twinbrook version got twice as many downloads as the vanilla version, so the majority has spoken on this.

Enjoy!

Thanks Simsimillian
Theorist
#210 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 6:27 PM Last edited by tizerist : 21st Oct 2015 at 4:16 PM.
Just looked at the new version
It is an absolute monster in it's size, yet it runs smoothly for me, maybe it's to do with the spaced-out nature of the hood or something, I don't know, but it's a damn good job you've done here.
The identity of the town is a mixture of swampy and somewhat upscale resident areas, and it's gloriously unglamourous. That, I love it for. In fact, and believe it or not this is a massive compliment although it may sound weird, your hood, once I add it to my game, is the place I would least like me or my 'selfsim' to live out of my 15 or so neighbourhoods that I have. It's just a breath of fresh air in that so many Ts3 hoods out there are of the bright-and-breezy and sunny variety, this town stands very tall among the gritty, more 'regular' type of hoods out there.
Twinbrook was already a decent sized town by EAxian standards, but you've made it seem 50% bigger from my quick exploring and map overviews. I've got some real good ideas of what I can do to this town...

> Bug: The bridge nearest the school, sims don't stick to one of the sidewalks, they go onto road. I recommend checking all bridge walkways.
> Some of the lots, particularly on brown areas, you can very much see the 'lot square' in hood view. I know it's an engine limitation, but you can disguise some of these lot corners with trees and other stuff.

So far so good, will report back

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 1:23 AM
Quick note, since I finally got around to play some more in this, the secret door in the library can't be opened due to the placement of the nearby arch. You get a route fail. Replacing the two-tile arch with a one-tile solves this
Test Subject
#212 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 5:11 PM
Wow, this world is amazing! I've been looking all over for a Louisiana style world and I couldn't find one that actually had the look I wanted but this is so perfect! Twinbrook is my favourite EA world but something was always missing but your world has it! Great job, thank you so much for working on this for so long. I love it! <3

(Oh, and by the way: The world works without Island Paradise. I don't have IP yet but I can play the world just fine, there just aren't any boats (obviously). Looking forward to getting IP though so I can add your lovely houseboats to my game as well.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#213 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
> Bug: The bridge nearest the school, sims don't stick to one of the sidewalks, they go onto road. I recommend checking all bridge walkways.

Have been unable to replicate this glitch. Are they doing it all the time or just the one time?

> Some of the lots, particularly on brown areas, you can very much see the 'lot square' in hood view. I know it's an engine limitation, but you can disguise some of these lot corners with trees and other stuff.

This was literally the first question I asked in this thread, and nobody knew what was causing it (it isn't the colour ramps). We'll just have to accept it.

Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
Quick note, since I finally got around to play some more in this, the secret door in the library can't be opened due to the placement of the nearby arch. You get a route fail. Replacing the two-tile arch with a one-tile solves this

Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
There is a secret passageway in the Library that is hidden behind a rotating bookcase. Sadly, there is a known glitch with these bookcases and your Sims will throw a tantrum when you ask them to open it. The only solution is to go into buy mode and just grab the door and place it back. It will work then, I promise.

Secret doors that are already in the world have to be grabbed and placed or they don't work. I was told this was even the case with the secret doors that came with the Supernatural world. In any case, this is an EA bug, not mine.

Quote: Originally posted by gaietygirl
(Oh, and by the way: The world works without Island Paradise. I don't have IP yet but I can play the world just fine, there just aren't any boats (obviously). Looking forward to getting IP though so I can add your lovely houseboats to my game as well.)

That is super helpful information! Thanks for letting us know!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Theorist
#214 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 9:15 PM

In this image I asked both sims to go from point 1 to point 2, about 20 times. About 50% of the time they wandered onto the road as in the pic.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#215 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 11:13 AM
Huh. That is messed up. Maybe it's the bulrushes below the bridge or something.

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Theorist
#216 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 2:11 PM Last edited by tizerist : 15th Nov 2015 at 3:29 PM.
> Same thing happened on opposite sidewalk, 4 times out of 14

> One wooden bridge has misaligned squares

> The wooden bridge that runs parallel to the broken rail bridge, twice sims got stuck while crossing it.

> Also some wooden bridges have unroutable paving sections where the paving meets the wood, although sims still walk across this normally, so not really a problem

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#217 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:35 AM

> One wooden bridge has misaligned squares

That's an intersection. That's how they look.

Will look into the bridges though.

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Theorist
#218 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:47 AM
You mean as in the red squares in the picture? That's no intersection, it just looks like 2 'tiles' are flipped 90 and 180 degrees respectively.

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#219 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 8:32 AM
This is how the game maps the intersections of roads that have partial opacity in the sidewalks. See this thread for details: http://modthesims.info/t/393546

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Theorist
#220 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:09 PM
Aah I see. Rinn Fada had this also. Maybe a little deco grass / bulrushes would help?
Anyway it's really nothing. Getting excited for this neighbourhood now! This is gonna be massive....

#BlairWitchPetition
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#221 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 10:14 AM
Aah I see. Rinn Fada had this also. Maybe a little deco grass / bulrushes would help?.

That would cause the pedestrian routing to be blocked on that road, though.
Test Subject
#222 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:08 PM
New update?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#223 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:17 AM
I'm sorry. Stuff is going on in my life and I will have to move out of my house soon. No time for Sims right now...

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Test Subject
#224 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 5:41 PM
No problem Thanks for the reply :D
Theorist
#225 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 9:40 AM
Good luck with your business. Delays happen, that's life! 😑

#BlairWitchPetition
Page 9 of 11